Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   GM Accesories 1LE suspension package (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332867)

2SS2010 12-16-2013 09:45 AM

GM Accesories 1LE suspension package
 
Is that a good package to improve the handling on a 10SS or are there better options available for the same or less money?

2SS2010 12-17-2013 10:02 AM

bump

ssmike 12-17-2013 10:21 AM

What's the price for the GM 1LE package?

woodside783 12-17-2013 10:27 AM

Get the wheels and tires. Pedders conversion way better than the gm

el ess A 12-17-2013 10:39 AM

But at least you can still get the GM version.

JDP Tyler 12-17-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS2010 (Post 7264354)
Is that a good package to improve the handling on a 10SS or are there better options available for the same or less money?

For the price, the 1LE kit a pretty hard deal to beat, however aftermarket kits are still a step above. The cost will also be more for aftermarket kits though, so basically you get what you pay for.

Feel free to call, PM or email me with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

2SS2010 12-17-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmike (Post 7266759)
What's the price for the GM 1LE package?

GM lists it for $1500 but im in good with a chevy dealer that will hook me up.

Nick S 12-17-2013 12:47 PM

Another thing to consider between the 1LE kit and aftermarket is if you have the 1LE kit installed at your dealer then you will retain full vehicle warranty. For some people that is piece of mind. Any aftermarket suspension could void parts of your drivetrain warranty (half shafts due to drive angles) and possibly other issues that GM could claim were caused by the aftermarket suspension. Not saying anything negative about the aftermarket because me personally if I didn't have a 1LE I would be looking at a full Pedder's kit.

Another thing to consider is ride comfort. I will tell you that the 1LE is surprisingly a very good ride for the handling capability it has. There are quite a few pro's and con's to consider other than "best" for the money. You also need to ask yourself if you are really going to use the car at the track to benefit from any of the more expensive aftermarket set ups. Otherwise you can get a very good handling car with the 1LE package and have money left over for other fun mods if your not a serious track person.

2SS2010 12-17-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick S (Post 7267114)
Another thing to consider between the 1LE kit and aftermarket is if you have the 1LE kit installed at your dealer then you will retain full vehicle warranty. For some people that is piece of mind. Any aftermarket suspension could void parts of your drivetrain warranty (half shafts due to drive angles) and possibly other issues that GM could claim were caused by the aftermarket suspension. Not saying anything negative about the aftermarket because me personally if I didn't have a 1LE I would be looking at a full Pedder's kit.

Another thing to consider is ride comfort. I will tell you that the 1LE is surprisingly a very good ride for the handling capability it has. There are quite a few pro's and con's to consider other than "best" for the money. You also need to ask yourself if you are really going to use the car at the track to benefit from any of the more expensive aftermarket set ups. Otherwise you can get a very good handling car with the 1LE package and have money left over for other fun mods if your not a serious track person.

Terrific points Nick

My car is strictly a street car that will never see any track use.

VR Baron 12-17-2013 02:16 PM

If you are keeping the stock wheel tire sizes the 1le sways may induce more understeer. ZL1 25/28 BARS wont and may nelp with the understeer a bit

nak3dsnake 12-17-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Baron (Post 7267297)
If you are keeping the stock wheel tire sizes the 1le sways may induce more understeer. ZL1 25/28 BARS wont and may nelp with the understeer a bit

Yeah, stock wheels go with the smaller ZL1 25mm front sway bar. Using the 27 and 28 will add understeer to the car without a square wheel and tire setup.

intensifi 12-17-2013 04:10 PM

In researching the 1LE kit, GMPP makes a point of saying it is designed for a square wheel setup. So to me that means I need to add new wheels and tires to the price of the suspension.

2SS2010 12-17-2013 04:41 PM

my goal is to run ZL1 replicas 20x10/20x11 when all said and done.

jake2212 12-17-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 7267558)
In researching the 1LE kit, GMPP makes a point of saying it is designed for a square wheel setup. So to me that means I need to add new wheels and tires to the price of the suspension.

and yet they put 10s in the front and 11s in the rear? didnt they think people would go up to 305 or 315s in the rear?

jake2212 12-17-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS2010 (Post 7267619)
my goal is to run ZL1 replicas 20x10/20x11 when all said and done.

word of advice man, if you plan on hitting any top speeds on anything while youre driving around (on a closed course of course:D) then go oem zl1 wheels. just to stay safe

nak3dsnake 12-17-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake2212 (Post 7267628)
and yet they put 10s in the front and 11s in the rear? didnt they think people would go up to 305 or 315s in the rear?

They did it that way because then its only semi square. Less oversteer in a car than one with a true 20X10 front and rear setup. Its silly the way they did it if you ask me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake2212 (Post 7267635)
word of advice man, if you plan on hitting any top speeds on anything while youre driving around (on a closed course of course:D) then go oem zl1 wheels. just to stay safe

The LG ZR28/ZL1 Replica Wheels are good from what I've seen or heard. I wouldn't dare buy anything else other than those or OEM. Don't know where they're made or how well they are made.

2SS2010 12-17-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake2212 (Post 7267635)
word of advice man, if you plan on hitting any top speeds on anything while youre driving around (on a closed course of course:D) then go oem zl1 wheels. just to stay safe

Mostly cruising with some blasts to or just above 100 lol

QmaroSS 12-17-2013 09:05 PM

Does the 1LE suspension package also lower the SS from it's stock height? If so how much?

VR Baron 12-17-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QmaroSS (Post 7268360)
Does the 1LE suspension package also lower the SS from it's stock height? If so how much?

no, other then the wheel/tire combo being a bit smaller diameter

Fast6.3 12-17-2013 09:54 PM

I would recommend pfadt ZL1 spec sways and cradle inserts and call it a day the pfadt bars are adjustable so you have flexibilty and you would be under the 1500


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.