Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Rear subframe bushing inserts (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334076)

lscamaro 12-24-2013 09:50 PM

Rear subframe bushing inserts

For those who have used the inserts, whose do you have? I can get a decent deal on the BMR ones but I don't know if I want the BMR ones after seeing caverman's review. Anyone else make some that are a little more stout?

Bo White 12-24-2013 09:59 PM

Inserts or full bushings. If I was to go through the trouble of unbolting the cradle I would just heat the cradle up and push the whole factory bushings out and be done with it.

gahammerle 12-24-2013 10:00 PM

I installed the Pedder's inserts and am very pleased with them. Car feels more planted and predictable.

lscamaro 12-24-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo White (Post 7284620)
Inserts or full bushings. If I was to go through the trouble of unbolting the cradle I would just heat the cradle up and push the whole factory bushings out and be done with it.

I'm really only looking to do inserts. I'll never make enough power to benefit from a full so would rather not deal with the full bushing replacement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahammerle (Post 7284621)
I installed the Pedder's inserts and am very pleased with them. Car feels more planted and predictable.

I definitely want pedders inserts but with the current issues their having, I want to have another option in case I can't get theirs

kjkjr27 12-24-2013 11:27 PM

Wonder how you heard about the deal on the BMR ones lol :popcorn:

I am leaning towards inserts since our v6 don't make enough power to reap the full benefits of the actual bushings. What was cavemans review of them?

VR Baron 12-24-2013 11:49 PM

I have whiteline. They make pedders, durameter is about as stiff and half the cost. I have the upper rear arm bushes as well and they all seem to work fine.

VR Baron 12-24-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 7284742)

I am leaning towards inserts since our v6 don't make enough power to reap the full benefits of the actual bushings. What was cavemans review of them?

Bmr and energy are the same. Soft durameter also.

Lil' Nasty 12-24-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo White (Post 7284620)

:word:

despite some saying its not worth it because of their power level. Imo the inserts are like a band aid, but I understand why people get them bc they do work. I just believe if you're going to spend the $ to do this particular mod, just get the full bushings and be done with it, never have to worry about it again.

After seeing cavermans review, I'd definitely go with Pfadt or ADM's bushings.

UF4LIFE102SS 12-25-2013 12:00 AM

Wheres his review?

lscamaro 12-25-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 7284742)

That's not the deal I'm talking about lol. Found a way better one ;)
Caverman took the energy suspension ones out and put in the pedders and states the pedders are way better because they are way stiffer. I believe the thread is titled "Out with Energy... In with Pedders"

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Baron (Post 7284777)
I have whiteline. They make pedders, durameter is about as stiff and half the cost. I have the upper rear arm bushes as well and they all seem to work fine.

That's what I've been hearing as well. Don't know how true it is but if it's nearly as stiff as the pedders bushings, I'll take it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 7284789)
:word:

despite some saying its not worth it because of their power level. Imo the inserts are like a band aid, but I understand why people get them bc they do work. I just believe if you're going to spend the $ to do this particular mod, just get the full bushings and be done with it, never have to worry about it again.

After seeing cavermans review, I'd definitely go with Pfadt or ADM's bushings.

I too believe the "just spend what u need and be done" but the fact that I'll never touch power levels to even need full poly bushings yet alone full aluminum ones is the reason I don't want the full replacements. Not even supercharged will we ever need them so I don't want to spend 2-3 times more than I need to. I also don't autocross, might in the future but not at this time so I just want something that'll help in drag racing and good for a daily driver too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS (Post 7284798)
Wheres his review?

I believe the thread is titled "Out with Energy... In with Pedders"

lscamaro 12-25-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 130R (Post 7284861)
^ For what it's worth, I'm over 500 wheel, and the inserts made the biggest improvement. That is, I'm now running Pedders EP1201's, and if the inserts made a 70% improvement, I'd say the EP1201's added another 20%. Even with 500+ WHP, the inserts were impressive. I got the EP1201's for 1/2 price, and to be honest, though they made an improvement, knowing what I know now, and if I had to pay full price, I'd just spend a little more and go solid mount instead.

I completely understand where you're coming from. But current supercharged v6s are making maybe 400 rwhp at best. Hopefully that changes with future better tuning but right now it's what it's at. The inserts are probably good enough for that power. Then I'm NA so I'm making maybe 250 being hopeful right now.

VR Baron 12-25-2013 11:15 AM

That's what I've been hearing as well. Don't know how true it is but if it's nearly as stiff as the pedders bushings, I'll take it.
Check with JDP as they told me what the numbers were. I think whiteline was 4 to 5 points less in durameter as Pedders, though for now pedders may be a moot point

lscamaro 12-25-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Baron (Post 7285374)
Check with JDP as they told me what the numbers were. I think whiteline was 4 to 5 points less in durameter as Pedders, though for now pedders may be a moot point

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Yea if they're close, that'll be perfect for me considering where Pedders is at now.

ssmike 12-25-2013 12:08 PM

I had BMR inserts. Don't waste your money! I ended up replacing with Pedders full poly bushings.