Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Sway Bars by Company (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335976)

The_Blur 01-06-2014 07:35 PM

Sway Bars by Company
 
If you are a vendor and do not see something listed, add it! I want this list to be comprehensive.



The format for this thread is as follows:

Sway Bar Company (First Year Valid*) Series (if present) Part Number
Front Bar (mm) tubular or solid
Rear Bar (mm) tubular or solid

*Kits with multiple years have kits available for suspensions starting each year. Keep in mind that 2010 and 2012 are the first years of new suspension components for Camaros. In other words, there are required upgrades to put a 2012 sway kit on a 2010 Camaro.

Please use this as a resource for choosing your sway bars.

Chevrolet Camaro SS ("FE4" 2012+ coupe)
23 solid
24 solid

Chevrolet Camaro 1LE (2013+)
27 solid
28 solid

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (2012+)
25 solid
28 solid

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (2014+)
25 solid
26 solid

Belltech (2010)
##
25 solid

BMR (2010) Xtreme
##
35 tubular

BMR (2010, 2012)
29 tubular
25 tubular

Eibach (2010)
29 solid
29 solid

Hellwig (2010)
32 tubular
25 tubular

Hotchkis (2010) Competition
32 tubular
35 tubular

Hotchkis (2010) Sport
32 tubular
25 tubular

Hotchkis (2012) Sport
32 tubular
32 tubular

Pedders (2010-2011) Balance Bar
27 solid (rear bar)

Pedders (2010-2011) FE3 package
27 solid
32 solid

Pedders (2012+) ZL1 upgrade, FE4 package
27 solid
32 solid

Pfadt (2010, 2012) Sport
25 tubular
35 tubular

QA1 (2010, 2012)
25 solid
22 solid

Whiteline (2010, 2012)
27 solid
27 solid



THIS THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Moreno Brothers 01-06-2014 07:59 PM

Good idea! Whether or not the sway bars are adjustable will help too.

The_Blur 01-06-2014 08:08 PM

That would be good information. Right now, I'll have to start with the basics and get back to that eventually.

Firefighter 01-06-2014 08:43 PM

Looking for that 32mm Solid rear bar I see.

superdrummer38 01-08-2014 09:10 PM

LG Motorsports
Huge 35mm front and rear tubes

tw78911sc 01-08-2014 09:51 PM

If I remember from my Engineering classes many decades ago, a tube is about 7/8's the torsional strength of a solid depending on material and thickness. Weight would be nice to know as well. a 35mm hollow may be about the same as a 32 solid, but much lighter. I just ordered a set of LG's. I know those and Phadt are 3 way adjustable on both ends. I know LG and Phadt are hollow.

Dexman1349 01-08-2014 10:28 PM

The Pfadt sport sways are 3 - way adjustable only for the rears. The front is not. Pfadt has another set of bars, but I can't remember if they are ZL1 spec or a Race spec (3 way adjustable front and rear)

Black Knight 01-09-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw78911sc (Post 7321617)
If I remember from my Engineering classes many decades ago, a tube is about 7/8's the torsional strength of a solid depending on material and thickness. Weight would be nice to know as well. a 35mm hollow may be about the same as a 32 solid, but much lighter. I just ordered a set of LG's. I know those and Phadt are 3 way adjustable on both ends. I know LG and Phadt are hollow.

35mm thats huge!!!!! Let us know how u like those lg bars . Good idea for a thread . .

AZ kevin 03-01-2014 09:37 PM

would there be a big difference in strength from a solid to a tubular ?

sycraft 03-01-2014 09:55 PM

LSR Sways

ZL1 spec sway- rear

CNC bent from tubular 1-3/8 inch DOM steel and then TIG welded with billet steel ends. Each end provides three adjustment positions for fine tuning of handling balance.

Compared to the factory ZL1 bar, the first position is the same as stock, position 2 is 10% stiffer, and position 3 is 26% stiffer.

If you are upgrading to this bar on an SS model, the first position is 76% stiffer than stock, position 2 is 100% stiffer, and position 3 will be 130% stiffer.

In addition we've also included greaseable, adjustable endlinks with heavy duty 12mm ball joints at each end to replace the rubber bushing endlink design found on the factory swaybar and other competitors swaybars. This eliminates compliant soft rubber in the factory endlinks allowing them to work more effectively, without adding any NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness).


Standard Front and Rear Bars-

LSR Performance’s adjustable swaybars for the 2010-2011 Camaro SS!! The only kit on the market designed and manufactured out of 4130 high strength chrome moly tubing and tig welded for maximum strength! Both front and rear bars are 3 position adjustable for ultra fine tuning of the suspension.
The bars feature billet and stamped ends that are welded on and not coined, which prevents unnecessary stress. High quality Energy suspension urethane bushings and brackets are included as well.
They are also powdercoated silver metal flake for a durable and long lasting finish. Speaking of long lasting, the LSR Performance bars feature a LIFE TIME WARRANTEE! So these will be the last set of swaybars you will ever have to purchase.

JusticePete 03-23-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefighter (Post 7315718)
Looking for that 32mm Solid rear bar I see.

:headbang:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw78911sc (Post 7321617)
If I remember from my Engineering classes many decades ago, a tube is about 7/8's the torsional strength of a solid depending on material and thickness. Weight would be nice to know as well. a 35mm hollow may be about the same as a 32 solid, but much lighter. I just ordered a set of LG's. I know those and Phadt are 3 way adjustable on both ends. I know LG and Phadt are hollow.

The only way to calculate the torsional strength of a hollow bar is to know the thickness of the wall. Most hollow bars are in the .118inch thick tube range. This is due to pricing. The cost of the hollow tube material really starts to escalate as wall thickness escalates. Other tube size may max out at the .188inch range, which is a very aggressive bar, to a animal .250 range, which is usually not seen for street use. At .188 inch of wall thickness, the bar will be 30% stronger than a .118 inch tube. At .250 inch of wall thickness, the bar will be 45% stronger than a .118inch tube.

Solid to hollow aside, you will notice that the Camaro TEAM revisions to sway bars all show the rear bar larger than the front bar. This bias reduces understeer.

Understeer = slow
Oversteer = fast

What the numbers don't reflect is the change in rear bar geometry moving the mounting point from inside close to the differential to outside near the wheel. This FE4 change in geometry dramatically increased the efficiency of the rear bar. The 25mm front and 28mm rear bars on the ZL1 would require a 32mm rear bar with the original geometry.

Installing a set of 35mm front and rear bars does NOT reduce understeer. When shopping for new sway bars you want to be sure to convert your old FE2 and FE3 to the new style outboard mount rear bar to reduce understeer.

L99CAMA2011 03-23-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 7315498)
If you are a vendor and do not see something listed, add it! I want this list to be comprehensive.



The format for this thread is as follows:

Sway Bar Company (First Year Valid*) Series (if present) Part Number
Front Bar (mm) tubular or solid
Rear Bar (mm) tubular or solid

*Kits with multiple years have kits available for suspensions starting each year. Keep in mind that 2010 and 2012 are the first years of new suspension components for Camaros. In other words, there are required upgrades to put a 2012 sway kit on a 2010 Camaro.

Please use this as a resource for choosing your sway bars.

Chevrolet Camaro SS ("FE4" 2012+ coupe)
23 solid
24 solid

Chevrolet Camaro 1LE (2013+)
27 solid
28 solid

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (2012+)
25 solid
28 solid

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 (2014+)
25 solid
26 solid

Belltech (2010)
##
25 solid

BMR (2010) Xtreme
##
35 tubular

BMR (2010, 2012)
29 tubular
25 tubular

Eibach (2010)
29 solid
29 solid

Hellwig (2010)
32 tubular
25 tubular

Hotchkis (2010) Competition
32 tubular
35 tubular

Hotchkis (2010) Sport
32 tubular
25 tubular

Hotchkis (2012) Sport
32 tubular
32 tubular

Pedders (2010-2011) Balance Bar
27 solid (rear bar)

Pedders (2010-2011) FE3 package
27 solid
32 solid

Pedders (2012+) ZL1 upgrade, FE4 package
27 solid
32 solid

Pfadt (2010, 2012) Sport
25 tubular
35 tubular

QA1 (2010, 2012)
25 solid
22 solid

Whiteline (2010, 2012)
27 solid
27 solid



THIS THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Eibach (2010)tubular

detroitspeed 03-24-2014 03:50 PM

Don't Forget Detroit Speed:

DSE (2010-2012 except ZL1)
28.5mm tubular (front bar)
DSE (2012 ZL1-2013+)
28mm tubular (front bar)

DSE (2010-2011)
28.5mm tubular (rear bar)
DSE (2012+)
35mm tubular (rear bar)

For the 2010-11 applications you can upgrade to a DSE 35mm rear anti-roll bar that includes the 2012+ DSE Rear Endlink Kit. You would also need to have a 2012+ GM rear lower control arm or the DSE Rear Lower Control Arm (recommended).

Moreno Brothers 03-25-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitspeed (Post 7521455)
Don't Forget Detroit Speed:

DSE (2010-2012 except ZL1)
28.5mm tubular (front bar)
DSE (2012 ZL1-2013+)
28mm tubular (front bar)

DSE (2010-2011)
28.5mm tubular (rear bar)
DSE (2012+)
35mm tubular (rear bar)

For the 2010-11 applications you can upgrade to a DSE 35mm rear anti-roll bar that includes the 2012+ DSE Rear Endlink Kit. You would also need to have a 2012+ GM rear lower control arm or the DSE Rear Lower Control Arm (recommended).

I've been waiting for you guys to pop in here! Welcome!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.