Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   nashville Camaros (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33616)

wstuarttn 07-22-2009 12:11 AM

nashville Camaros

Any nashville camaro groups?

zebra 07-22-2009 12:21 AM

not that i know of, but i've seen 2 VR & a black one there, a VR in mt juliet, 2 yellow 1 black, & a RJT in murfreesboro

yotaman96 07-22-2009 04:08 AM

tnfbody.com

King T 07-26-2009 03:23 AM

Nashville Camaro here. Got a 2SS Rally Yellow. Pretty much solo though, I'm not part of a group. Seen about 6 Camaros in passing, but never got a chance to talk to the owners.

SECjunky 08-18-2009 04:57 PM

picking mine up this weekend hopefully... let's get a group together guys!

light-my-firebyrd 08-19-2009 12:07 AM

Would be nice if Tn gen5 camaro owners would speak up....
seems like we have the most 'unvocal' group of owners i've ever seen in any part of the country.
I've noticed very few posts by guys from the east tn area...
:facepalm: i live near Knoxville and i've got a 2ss rally yellow camaro and absolutely love it..
would love to get a group of guys together to support the new camaro..:headbang:

VcrusaderV 08-19-2009 12:10 AM

I live outside of Nash. I tried to get a TN group together on this forum but had no takers...I would lie to coordinate events that are going on in the state. Always down for a road trip.

BMBLBEE 08-19-2009 01:09 AM

I'm game here. I live in Springfield just north of Nashville and was wondering the same thing... A Gen 5 group would be great! I recently got my 2SS after 9 months of waiting and just started going to cruise-ins. I was at the cruise-in in Hendersonville this past Friday and there were 4 other gen5s there. Went to the one in White House and there was only one other there. Going to the Murfressboro cruise-in this coming Friday 8-21providing the weather allows to see how many is there. I'd be willing to make a flyer to give to these guys and hopefully pique their interest.

We have street night at the Nashville dragstrip (Union Hill) 1/8 mile on Tuesdays also. If any of you are real serious about putting a club together here in middle Tennessee let me know. I'd like to approach the local guys I meet at these cruise-ins and other places and do some recruiting. A MidTNgen5 club?

flht99b 08-19-2009 08:43 AM

2SS/RS RJT 6M in west Knoxville, Farragut. Local dealer Beaty Chevrolet has sold many SS cars in last 3 months.
Ed M.

SECjunky 08-19-2009 12:41 PM

i feel like we should start a facebook group or email list... that way it'd be easier to communicate

dduncan13 08-19-2009 01:05 PM

Im from West Tn about an hour and 15 min from Nashville... im there all the time. Ive ordered a ABM with white ralley stripes... sight unseen. Does anybody have ABM around here?

cyberdelic 08-19-2009 02:11 PM

I'm in Parsons and haven't seen any other Gen 5s in the area, though I believe there are a couple in Jackson and one in Ashland City or Dickson. Either way, I'm picking up my IBM next week and would enjoy some get togethers here and there.

zebra 08-19-2009 04:32 PM

just saw my first IOM today on lebanon pk in nashville. double bonus for driving my brother's 96 RS at the time

ssrsheaven 08-19-2009 09:46 PM

[QUOTE=light-my-firebyrd;815828]Would be nice if Tn gen5 camaro owners would speak up....
seems like we have the most 'unvocal' group of owners i've ever seen in any part of the country.
I've noticed very few posts by guys from the east tn area...
:facepalm: i live near Knoxville and i've got a 2ss rally yellow camaro and absolutely love it..
would love to get a group of guys together to support the new camaro..:headbang:[/QUOTE
I TO LIVE IN KNOXVILLE TN HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM FINDING OTHERS TO TALK AND MEET WITH.FOUND OUT CAR SHOW AT FOOTHILLS MALL THIS FRIDAY ,I PLAN ON BEING THERE IOM BLACK RALLEY STRIPES 1SS RS.TRYING TO SEE IF THE MEET STILL ON FOR SEPTEMBER 19-21 AT PIGION FORGE.

pharmd 08-19-2009 10:50 PM

Guys let me know if you get something going...my wife and I love to roll down to knoxville from time to time (Stir Fry Grill on parkside dr is KILLER). Its about 3.5 hrs but we'll drive it if something is going on.

7CAMARO7 08-19-2009 10:55 PM

I'd love to race your 5th gens at the nashville superspeedway on 8/28/09:D I've been wanting to race one but am never on the same side of the road, I mean track. Bring $20 and a helmet and we can do this.

dduncan13 08-20-2009 10:01 AM

Cyberdelic...hey... your in parsons? Im in lexington. Who did you order from?

cyberdelic 08-20-2009 10:12 AM

Walker Chevrolet in Franklin.

dduncan13 08-20-2009 11:04 AM

I can see yours is moving right along... Is your dealership keeping in touch? Ive heard from mine once in four weeks and thats because i called them. Theyre kinda making me mad but there isnt a whole lot i can do i dont think.... i know my order has been accepted by GM but nothing more... i have no order numbers to follow it and the dealership isnt calling me to let me know anything....Suggestions anyone?

cyberdelic 08-20-2009 12:20 PM

I've got nothing but good things to say about Walker, or at least their internet sales guy, Randy Mobley. They're selling at MSRP, and apparently doing well enough that they're getting more Camaro allocations per month soon (they've had 5/month for several months now, but supposedly that's getting at least doubled soon).

The first thing he did when I asked for a quote online was let me know the next two TPW dates that would have allocations for and when he expected delivery. This was back at the end of May - he said GM would probably accept the order and I would receive the car in September. We did everything over the phone (I haven't been to the dealership yet). He called a couple of weeks later to give me the order number. He called me again when the car hit the ~3000 level to verify the order and see if I wanted to change anything. He called again one day after SpasticSquirrel picked up my order to let me know he expected it to be ready for pickup next week - which is a couple of week sooner than I expected when I placed the order.

Beyond that, he's been pretty friendly and cool to look up stuff for me, like getting GFX painted and what not. Apparently I was the first one to ask about it.

So, all told he's only called me three or four times in the last 10 weeks, all for the important dates. That's good enough for me.

Can the dealership not give you an order number?

dduncan13 08-20-2009 01:05 PM

Well Ive ordered mine from Serra in Jackson and gettin allocations is not a problem there... theyre flying through them as well... One was ordered about two weeks before me and its already been delivered..however im just upset that theyre not informing me about anything at all... i have no clue if what is happening. Im only 23 years old and they probably arent taking me serious ha... anyways im just wanted to be informed every couple of weeks but they arent doing a thing

SECjunky 08-20-2009 01:20 PM

mine's on a train on her way to nashville today... then going to knoxville to pick her up!! lets get an email list going guys!!

zebra 08-21-2009 12:15 PM

anybody goin to the drive-in at the avenue in m'boro tonight?
there's usually been at least a couple new camaros out

garagelogic 08-21-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 826627)
anybody goin to the drive-in at the avenue in m'boro tonight?
there's usually been at least a couple new camaros out

I'll be there, but not sporting a Camaro. There are usually 3-4 there any given Friday, however. I'm sure by October when the cruise-in closes for the year you won't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting one.;)

zebra 08-21-2009 12:23 PM

of course you'd bring the... not-camaro out :rolleyes: :laugh: