Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Patience is wearing thin... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33859)

Nashional 07-23-2009 02:25 PM

Patience is wearing thin...

Today is 10 days that my Camaro has been in the shop with a list of issues.

Most weren't too serious and many here have posted about some of the same problems. Like paint chipping from the bumper on the rear quarter panel. And the trunk not opening all the time. Plus the noise at 2K+ RPM that comes from behind the glove box.

Mine also has an engine whine that seemed to be an air leak in the exhaust system under the hood area. And the XM radio is cutting out when driving North and the sunroof is open.

Then the major issue which was the reason it visited the service center was a vibration in the rear that started at 3,200 miles. Any time there is any stress put on the transmission/gears such as accelerating normally or ascending a hill while driving down the highway, the rear end vibrates. If you try to give it any power at all, the rear feels like it's going to come apart.

It took the dealer/GM 7 days to finally decide to put a new rear-end on it. Didn't fix the problem. Three days later, I still can't get any new information from the service department about the issue other than "we've been talking to GM about it."

Plus, they can't tell me if they've resolved any of the other issues either...

Sorry for the rant. I've held it in as long as I could. But, 25% of the time I've owned this car, it's been in the shop.

This is my first Chevy (always been a Ford guy), and this isn't looking good right now. :upset:

I hope this gets fixed soon and I forget this ever happened.

mlee 07-23-2009 02:28 PM

Sounds like your car knows you're not a true blue Chevy guy....:iono:

Nashional 07-23-2009 02:29 PM

I would hope it would want to win me over. :)

mlee 07-23-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashional (Post 714595)
I would hope it would want to win me over. :)

It will... keep the faith and good luck with the repairs....:D

Moose 07-23-2009 02:33 PM

:( It sounds like your car is an exception. :(

I'm sorry to hear about the issue's you're having. But "keep the faith". ;)

Stay in contact with your service dept., get names, including service mgr., and if necessary, contact a GM factory rep. ;) I'm sure GM will "do right" by you and your Camaro. ;)

AS I said, it seems your Camaro is a unique case. I hopeful you'll be able to work with your dealer and GM to get everything resolved. ;)

WayneE 07-23-2009 02:48 PM

Check your state's lemon laws and be sure you're following them to the letter of the law. Some cars are lemons, doesn't matter the manufacturer. Some cars have teething problems and are then trouble free the rest of their lives.

Good luck.

camaro5 07-23-2009 03:29 PM

I'd be pissed off too.

Get to know the service manager - request a meeting - be nice, and ask him for help.

If that doesn't work escalate through the dealer management, then to the owner.

Hang in there.

Jozef 07-23-2009 04:03 PM

Hope it keeps happening, and get a new car... lemon laws are awesome like that.

Nashional 07-23-2009 05:57 PM

Dealer never called me back so I just called them. They said that GM said to "try" replacing the CV Axle. But, they don't have any to ship.

:mad0233:

nasty2ss 07-23-2009 06:02 PM

I hope they gave you a loner Camaro,thats along time not to have your car you paid almost $40,000 for.I'd be more than mad. Good luck I hope they get fixed right.

Nashional 07-23-2009 06:05 PM

Well, I'm car-less at the moment. I didn't but from this dealer because they wanted a 3,500 markup. So I bought from one further away to get a better deal. They'd probably laugh if I asked for a car.

GaryTucker 07-23-2009 06:06 PM

Oh yeah, just like I've had a "loaner corvette" the last week and a half! The Equinox goes back tomorrow thank goodness!!! Gotta love it when parts don't show up and people goof off about finding them!

camaro5 07-23-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashional (Post 715386)
Well, I'm car-less at the moment. I didn't but from this dealer because they wanted a 3,500 markup. So I bought from one further away to get a better deal. They'd probably laugh if I asked for a car.

It does not matter at all where you bought the car.

Loaner or rental car is provided by warranty.

Go get a loaner or rental, and that will help light a fire under them.

Nashional 07-23-2009 06:14 PM

So, the dealership is required to give me something to drive? (They didn't tell me that).

djm96z28 07-23-2009 06:30 PM

Yep, they should give you a rental on GM's buck (although insurance is up to you to pay on the rental if you want it). It is part of the warranty. When my car was new I was in a half dozen rental cars the first couple months of owning my new Z28.

67 Convertible 07-23-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashional (Post 715417)
So, the dealership is required to give me something to drive? (They didn't tell me that).

If you look in your owners manual, Page 12-9, bottom left:

"Your dealer may arrange to provide you with a courtesy rental vehicle or reimburse you for a rental vehicle that you obtain if your vehicle is kept for an overnight warranty repair"..........etc etc.

Nashional 07-24-2009 08:48 AM

My owners manual is in the car at the shop. :)

I'll call them in a little while to see what they will do. Then I'll need to find a way to get there. It's a 40 mile round trip from home.

HTWLSS 07-24-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashional (Post 717416)
Then I'll need to find a way to get there. It's a 40 mile round trip from home.

Rent a car! :sm0:

Nashional 07-24-2009 01:37 PM

Too bad the closest rental company is on the same road as the dealership. :)

They said I can drive it broken until they get the parts in. So, still need to find a way to get to it.

01pewterz28 07-24-2009 02:46 PM

Another reason why i NEVER purchase a 1st year car i always wait until the following year to work the bugs out.

Give them time to fix the issues remember dealers are just as new to the Camaro as you are and most have never seen one yet work on one plus add the fact that they need to get parts that might not be available yet.

badkarma 07-24-2009 04:13 PM

Shoot, my dealer offered to get me a car even if it was less than a day. It only took an hour so no need.

WayneE 07-24-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 (Post 718641)
Another reason why i NEVER purchase a 1st year car i always wait until the following year to work the bugs out.

Give them time to fix the issues remember dealers are just as new to the Camaro as you are and most have never seen one yet work on one plus add the fact that they need to get parts that might not be available yet.

Given GM's financial situation (along with their parts suppliers), I wonder if long waits for parts is going to become the norm.

I owned a 2008 Yukon XL Denali for about 7mos. I had to wait 5 weeks for a door lock actuator. I ended up selling the truck because I didn't like it (and it having a lot of problems for a new vehicle). The door lock actuator was still broken when I got rid of it :facepalm:

Nashional 07-24-2009 08:40 PM

Just arrived home from the dealership after picking up the car after hours (so I didn't get to talk to anyone).

When I left the car at the dealership two weeks ago, it had 3,199 miles on it, 210 miles on the current tank of gas and 22+ MPG FE on the DIC.

Here's what they did:

They added 70 miles to the ODO. And in 1/3 tank of gas, brought the FE down to 17.6 MPG. I confirmed this by filling up (it was on E) and checking the mileage manually like I do every tank with an app on my iPhone.

The whine under the hood is gone. :rolleyes:

I can see they didn't fix the paint on the bumper issue. I didn't test the radio (too PO'd to drive around) and can't confirm if they did anything else. The rear still vibrates which was expected since we are waiting on parts.

So, how can you put 70 miles on a car, decrease the FE by 5 MPG and only fix one other issue out of a list of issues in two weeks?

Joy riding anyone?

JewelZ 07-24-2009 08:59 PM

I used to be a Ford 'Kid', but about 4 years ago after reading about the return of the Camaro my mind did a switch back to 2002 and there I was 15 years old and debating between a stand or maro, but hearing about the 02 camaro disappearing kicked me off the GM boat nd pushed me over to Ford. But now I'm back and its back.

I know everything will work out only for the better!

JewelZ 07-24-2009 09:00 PM

I used to be a Ford 'Kid', but about 4 years ago after reading about the return of the Camaro my mind did a switch back to 2002 and there I was 15 years old and debating between a stand or maro, but hearing about the 02 camaro disappearing kicked me off the GM boat nd pushed me over to Ford. But now I'm back and its back.

I know everything will work out only for the better!