Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CANADIANS REJOICE HAHAHA (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479)

CaptianSam 03-31-2008 01:48 PM

CANADIANS REJOICE HAHAHA

today i saw commercial and any gm dealer will match your price from exact to within 5000 dollars to a quote of the same car made and priced in america from any reputable gm auto dealer!!!:thumbup: :w00t: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:

this is sweet because it cost around 2000- 7000 dollars to import and modify the car from the us for canada... model depending...

Johnnyp65 04-13-2008 02:13 PM

even though they make the cobalt in the lordstoen, oh plant, thats where they should make it b/c thats where they made the '69 camaros

DGthe3 04-13-2008 02:27 PM

Sweet! 5 grand is alot, but considering that cars average 20% more here, that means that we will get more reasonable pricing on just about everything. I wish it were dead even, but I'll take what I get.

Z27 04-13-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnyp65 (Post 61861)
even though they make the cobalt in the lordstoen, oh plant, thats where they should make it b/c thats where they made the '69 camaros

Camaros were never built at Lordstown, only Van Nuys California, Norwood Ohio and the fourth gen at St. Therese in Canada.

crazz28 04-13-2008 03:48 PM

Nice, now we just have to keep our dollar from dropping too much in the next year, but with the oil and other commodity prices at the heights they are at now I can't see it falling too much.

SSNIGHTMARE 04-13-2008 07:26 PM

that sounds like a step in the right direction, but it sounds like they are still screwing the canadians on new car pricing.

DGthe3 04-13-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE (Post 61907)
that sounds like a step in the right direction, but it sounds like they are still screwing the canadians on new car pricing.

yes and no. Some of it is justified because of different standards here for safety features and what not. Also, your dollar is still quite low but that will change within the next year or two. When things get back to normal, a $5000 differance will actually make things pretty much even

kinyu 04-13-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptianSam (Post 57864)
this is sweet because it cost around 2000- 7000 dollars to import and modify the car from the us for canada... model depending...

This question will probably sound dumb to people in the know about how buying across the border works, but I have two questions:
1. What do you mean import? Can't you just come down here and buy one?
2. What kind of modifying needs to be done to get an american car to meet canadian standards? I know the plate size is the same.

DGthe3 04-13-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinyu (Post 61927)
This question will probably sound dumb to people in the know about how buying across the border works, but I have two questions:
1. What do you mean import? Can't you just come down here and buy one?
2. What kind of modifying needs to be done to get an american car to meet canadian standards? I know the plate size is the same.

1) By doing that we would be importing it by any definition of the term.
2) Its things like 5mph bumpers, day running lights, speedometer, antitheft systems, and a bunch of other things. There is a list of cars that can and cannot be allowed, but rarely are explanations given.

Plus, many US dealers have instructions to not sell to Canadians. Toyota threatens to revoke the dealers license, Chrysler won't honor waranties for American cars bought by Canadians. GM, Ford, and all the others have similar methods to deter the selling of cars to Canadians.

CaptianSam 04-14-2008 12:42 AM

basically after all the bs... ill take my 5000 more cuz itll cost me that to get it from the states...and i dont have to go through all the border time lag...