Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   GFX problem (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35120)

2010SSRSM6 07-31-2009 01:10 PM

GFX problem

4 Attachment(s)
I dropped my car off at the dealership on Wednesday night to get my gfx installed. I spoke with the sales manager and he said he would give me a call on Thursday afternoon when it was done. So when my phone rang at 1:00 I was expecting to hear that she was finished and I could come pick her up, but insted I got this call:

Hey it's Matt, I have good news and bad news for you. We installed your stripes and they look great! The bad news is..............................
While installing your ground effects they noticed that something looked odd. It turned out that they sent us two right side skirts. :facepalm:
We have a couple of options that we are persuing. 1, we find a set of gfx that haven't been promised to anyone yet and try to get the left side skirt for your car and get it installed by next week. 2, you pick your car up and drive it missing the drivers side skirt. :sm0: 3, you wait a couple of weeks for a new piece to get here from the factory with us keeping the car here.

Needless to say I wasn't thrilled when the phone call was over. Luckily that was followed a couple of short hours later by this one.......

Hey its Matt, we found a side skirt and we're sending a driver out to get it. He wont be back in time to get it installed tonight, but we should have it ready tomorrow afternoon. :happyanim:

Now I have to wait for the wife to get home so I can go get her dropped off for tint. I'll post some pic's later tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry they are a little later than promised. But with out any further delay, Here's Cammy!

Attachment 43724

Attachment 43725

Attachment 43726

Attachment 43727

tribone 07-31-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 743506)
I dropped my car off at the dealership on Wednesday night to get my gfx installed. I spoke with the sales manager and he said he would give me a call on Thursday afternoon when it was done. So when my phone rang at 1:00 I was expecting to hear that she was finished and I could come pick her up, but insted I got this call:

Hey it's Matt, I have good news and bad news for you. We installed your stripes and they look great! The bad news is..............................
While installing your ground effects they noticed that something looked odd. It turned out that they sent us two right side skirts. :facepalm:
We have a couple of options that we are persuing. 1, we find a set of gfx that haven't been promised to anyone yet and try to get the left side skirt for your car and get it installed by next week. 2, you pick your car up and drive it missing the drivers side skirt. :sm0: 3, you wait a couple of weeks for a new piece to get here from the factory with us keeping the car here.

Needless to say I wasn't thrilled when the phone call was over. Luckily that was followed a couple of short hours later by this one.......

Hey its Matt, we found a side skirt and we're sending a driver out to get it. He wont be back in time to get it installed tonight, but we should have it ready tomorrow afternoon. :happyanim:

Now I have to wait for the wife to get home so I can go get her dropped off for tint. I'll post some pic's later tonight or tomorrow.

That blows. I hope you get your car soon. :thumbsup:
I guess we won't be seeing your car tomorrow. I can't wait to see yours when its done!! Maybe you can make it the Saturday after. :thumbsup:

C5RocksC5 07-31-2009 01:35 PM

ha! your dealer better not have called my dealer and got the skirt from them or I will be the one with a half-skirt on. hmmm that didn't sound too bad. ;)

PolishMike 07-31-2009 01:38 PM

Someone is going to be missing a skirt...LOL

Not really the dealers fault (well besides checking before installing, if they didnt). Seems like they handled it pretty well though.

Camaro_Corvette 07-31-2009 01:44 PM

How unlucky is that. LOL

2010 2-Tone 07-31-2009 01:48 PM

I love when they are missing skirts!!!!:D

2010SSRSM6 07-31-2009 02:25 PM

:facepalm:

My wife is going to kill me for taking someone's skirt!

2010SSRSM6 07-31-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tribone (Post 743532)
That blows. I hope you get your car soon. :thumbsup:
I guess we won't be seeing your car tomorrow. I can't wait to see yours when its done!! Maybe you can make it the Saturday after. :thumbsup:

I will be at NEXT Saturday's breakfast for sure!

Hylton 07-31-2009 02:42 PM

Just keep the original rocker panel on the one side until the part comes in. You can't see both sides at the same time. At least it would look better than driving around with nothing there. :iono:

tribone 07-31-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 743811)
I will be at NEXT Saturday's breakfast for sure!

Cool. "The Challenger guy" saw that there's a breakfast event every first Saturday of the month in Temecula. We're going to have to drive out there and join you guys for once.

Supercam143 08-01-2009 03:22 AM

Where and when is the breakfast in Temecula.

2010SSRSM6 08-04-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercam143 (Post 746162)

No clue but I'll have to find out.

I got the gfx installed and some pic's taken. I'll have to get the pic's uploaded so you guys can give me your input on the non-colormatched look.

tribone 08-05-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 (Post 760846)
No clue but I'll have to find out.

I got the gfx installed and some pic's taken. I'll have to get the pic's uploaded so you guys can give me your input on the non-colormatched look.

Nice! I can't wait to see the pics.:popcorn:

tribone 08-05-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercam143 (Post 746162)

I hear its every first Saturday of the month.
Here is the link.

2010SSRSM6 08-06-2009 11:15 PM

Pic's updated in 1st post.

tribone 08-07-2009 12:15 AM

Very Nice!!! I like!! :coolpics::drool: