Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Sway Bar Endlinks (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358054)

RKCamaro13 05-12-2014 06:50 PM

Sway Bar Endlinks
 
I just ordered BMR's FE4 swaybars, and I'm trying to find a good endlink to go with it. What would y'all recommend?

Dexman1349 05-12-2014 06:59 PM

They all pretty much perform the same, so whatever you can get your hands on.

The factory endlinks aren't horrible, but they can get beat up pretty quickly if you really push the car alot (auto-xing).

RKCamaro13 05-12-2014 07:57 PM

Which ones would you recommend getting?

JDP Tyler 05-12-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 (Post 7658670)
I just ordered BMR's FE4 swaybars, and I'm trying to find a good endlink to go with it. What would y'all recommend?

Did you go with Part # SB037 or 039?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

RKCamaro13 05-12-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Tyler (Post 7658857)
Did you go with Part # SB037 or 039?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

SB037

marolf101x 05-13-2014 07:14 AM

We've been using our Posi-Links for years with great success:
12mm:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/12-mm-elbow.html
http://www.ridetech.com/store/12-mm-straight.html

10mm:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/10-mm-elbow.html
http://www.ridetech.com/store/10-mm-straight.html

If there's enough interest we could supply a direct bolt-in kit. Our strut moves the sway bar mount, so the link in our kit is shorter than stock.

Dexman1349 05-13-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 (Post 7658853)
Which ones would you recommend getting?

I have the Pfadt. Don't really have much experience/knowledge for the brands still in business.

JDP Tyler 05-13-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 (Post 7658884)
SB037

BMR's ELK005 will work well for you, or Detroit Speed's 031411 is more affordable. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

BMR Sales 05-13-2014 05:52 PM

Yes, the front ELK005 end links will work great with the front bar in the SB037 Kit. But for the rear end links, you will have to use factory links or find another aftermarket company.

JDP Tyler 05-13-2014 05:57 PM

The factory FE4 rears are good. DSE also has their rear endlinks which are awesome! They actually articulate with the sway bar movement rather than relying on the deflection of the factory rubber bushings.

Part # 042305
http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/media/...305-001-lg.jpg

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Dizzy82 05-13-2014 05:59 PM

I have the Sphon ones. They are noisy, despite the claim to being quiet.

http://www.spohn.net/shop/2010-Chevr...et-Camaro.html

JDP Tyler 05-13-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy82 (Post 7661399)
I have the Sphon ones. They are noisy, despite the claim to being quiet.

http://www.spohn.net/shop/2010-Chevr...et-Camaro.html

Those are for the older FE3 sway bars. The OP is updating to the FE4 style.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

sting808 05-13-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marolf101x (Post 7659825)
We've been using our Posi-Links for years with great success:
12mm:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/12-mm-elbow.html
http://www.ridetech.com/store/12-mm-straight.html

10mm:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/10-mm-elbow.html
http://www.ridetech.com/store/10-mm-straight.html

If there's enough interest we could supply a direct bolt-in kit. Our strut moves the sway bar mount, so the link in our kit is shorter than stock.

The elbows look familiar. Are they available in reverse thread(nut side)?

sting808 05-13-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDP Tyler (Post 7661392)
The factory FE4 rears are good. DSE also has their rear endlinks which are awesome! They actually articulate with the sway bar movement rather than relying on the deflection of the factory rubber bushings.

Part # 042305
http://www.jdpmotorsports.com/media/...305-001-lg.jpg

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Have you tried them with the Pfadt Z-Spec rear bar? How's the clearance with a larger CV axle?

JDP Tyler 05-13-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting808 (Post 7661539)
Have you tried them with the Pfadt Z-Spec rear bar? How's the clearance with a larger CV axle?

We haven't installed them on the Pfadt bars yet, but they should provide plenty of clearance to push the bar up and out of the way of the axle shafts. On that note - the DSE bars fit great with room to spare with the DSS 1000 HP axles. :thumb:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

RKCamaro13 05-13-2014 07:28 PM

Thanks for all the help I wound up going with the factory end links for now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.