Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bought your Camaro used? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360864)

NJScorpio 05-28-2014 02:18 PM

Bought your Camaro used?

I was wondering, for those who are not their Camaro's first owner, what discoveries you've made that the prior owner had done?

Not something that was divulged as part of the sale, or something pretty obvious, like a supercharger or body kit.

I'm talking about little things you didn't notice until some time after the sale.

Forcer 05-28-2014 02:25 PM

I recently picked up a 2010 2SS with 21k miles on it for 24k.. Is in great shape, went and checked out the car, mechanically sound, runs sounds great... But failed to realize some curb rashs on the wheel, a few small minor dings in the quarter.. but nothing major or anything like that and im like the 4th owner...

But after the carfax, and reading up on the car.. looked great and was sold for the right reasons... have had for 2 months and about to drop a supercharger on it. Just be carful and make sure to look things over.

Dwarfey 05-28-2014 02:28 PM

My driver's side... ill call it and "assrest" or right cheek side bolster is detached from the bottom of the seat.... Cant notice it, but I lost my phone in the void between the seat and middle console and pulled up the bolster and went WTF lol

Mine was an enterprise rentacar with 22k on it when I bought it.

lbheat 05-28-2014 02:33 PM

All the swirl marks on paint. Was too excited on getting a crazy good deal on mine that it didnt bother me as much, until I inspected every inch of it the next day. Eh swirls can be fixed so not too bent out of shape for it.

Camarolover85 05-28-2014 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbheat (Post 7700735)
All the swirl marks on paint. Was too excited on getting a crazy good deal on mine that it didnt bother me as much, until I inspected every inch of it the next day. Eh swirls can be fixed so not too bent out of shape for it.

if they're just swirls a little wet sanding can fix that right up followed by a good wax and polish! There used to be scratches from the top of my hood right next to where it begins to raise in the center all the way down to my wheel well from girls sitting on it one night. Wet sanding fixed it perfectly and now I can love my hood again haha.

ClawSS 05-28-2014 02:41 PM

2010 R6P car...based on the carfax, I'm the 2nd owner with the first being in the Chicago area that screwed the front plate directly into the bumper then proceeded to drive all 16,000 miles behind a rock truck in a quarry with a monkey sitting on the hood with an icepick.

ChocoTaco369 05-28-2014 03:04 PM

The CAMARO badges have been removed (IMO a very good thing) and there is a point-source ding on the driver's side above the wheel well.

Silverlsinva 05-28-2014 03:36 PM

I am hoping Saturday I can get a good look at the used Camaro I am thinking of buying and Ill look it over quite well.

Low Saturn 05-28-2014 04:40 PM

When I went to remove the front plate and bracket I expected holes on the front fascia. I first removed the plate from the bracket and noticed that there were no fasteners. I could see yellow paint through the mounting holes. Thats when I noticed that the previous owner drilled small holes on either side of the bracket and had it secured to the lower grill with zip ties.

I also realized that the wheels were in perfect condition. Not a single blemish. The car had 54,000 miles on it. I could only assume that the previous owner had aftermarket wheels and put the stock ones on when he traded it in.

ratfinkharley 05-28-2014 05:04 PM

First used 11 Camaro I bought had a clean CarFax; as if that is any standard of excellence!

Honestly did not check the car out that carefully at the dealership. Upon further inspection, the front and rear fascia had been removed and re-installed. The corner clips on the front were broken causing it to stick out a bit. The reverse lights were never plugged back in. Also the tether for the gas cap was missing.

While the car was in great shape, something didn't sit right with me. So a month later I traded for a 12 LT/RS. Much happier with this one. No real issues to speak of besides a few dings and one slightly curb rash rim.

jshaf 05-28-2014 05:04 PM

my first Camaro was a 1 LT 2010, found out at signing it was a hertz rent a car, didn't stop me from purchasing it and was a non issue when I traded it in on my SS..........which is used also, the only thing done to it was vinyl stickers inside the front and rear bow ties, other than that it was bone stock. not anymore now though :) only had 3975 on the mileage, have installed stainless works retro cat back, and upgraded the factory amp and door speakers.

The_Blur 05-28-2014 05:16 PM

My car's previous owner smoked. I figured it out by the burn mark in the headliner, and then I verified it by the cigarette box under the passenger seat.

dale88jrdew 05-28-2014 05:36 PM

I just bought mine 2 months ago. Not much to discover, it was a one-owner trade-in at a Dodge dealership - not sure what they bought that would compare lol It's all stock which I'm glad because it's the original Synergy Green package, only difference is it appears they upgraded the wheels to 20's from the factory. Otherwise for it being 4 years old and 55k, it's in like new condition! :)

yellowrs 05-28-2014 06:05 PM

My Camaro was two years old when I bought it and only had 5700 miles on it.
Found out later that it had Lo-jack installed.
The car did not have any other modification but still looked and smelled brand new.
I still get compliments on a daily basis.