Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Randy!! #230 0-60 Video After GM Visit. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37501)

Scott@Bjorn3D 08-15-2009 09:02 AM

Randy!! #230 0-60 Video After GM Visit.

Randy has been bugging me to do this so I went and did it today. Now GM says this is not accurate way to see 0-60's since the speedo's even the digital are behind some on the acceleration. They use GPS stuff when doing them on the cars.

So tell me guys what you think.

ljustin293 08-15-2009 09:07 AM

i'm getting about 5.5..looks good

Supermans 08-15-2009 09:07 AM

From 4 seconds on the youtube video it read 0 MPH to 9 seconds it read 60MPH.. That's 5 seconds give or take :) Looks like your car is working properly now :) And all the bolts are tightened in the trunk.. You finally have the car that was advertised by GM :)

Scott@Bjorn3D 08-15-2009 09:26 AM

Yeah and if you watch the video the second one would make you think the car is moving faster but it was actually slower. Spinning tires=psychologically thinking fast.

usmcbmw 08-15-2009 09:31 AM

yea i like the second one where you spin the tires

ljustin293 08-15-2009 09:46 AM

embeded:

Indpowr 08-15-2009 09:57 AM

Looks like some fun days but with all of those tests your going to need new tires...Zero's do not last long.

PQ 08-15-2009 10:36 AM

:confused0068:

Ok okokokokokokokokokokok. VERY nice. THAT'S what I"M talkin' bout.................

:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

So I can expect a fix from GM soon? Hope so because there is a loud mouthed B**** on our Friday night bowling league who has a yellow Mustang and wants to race. I've been for a long time now avoiding her and just make a joke or change the subject. This chick is like a freakin 8 yr. old kid calling me chicken and how she heard the Camaros have all kinds of problems and how I overpaid for it. Mind you, it's a V6. Not even a GT but I'm not racing till I KNOW I can beat her dumb ass.

When I get my fix and run fast like you Scott I swear I'm gonna put a banner in front of my office saying GM RULES. :thumbsup:

Until then though. I gotta hide from the Mustang crowd. :(

PQ 08-15-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 801454)
Looks like some fun days but with all of those tests your going to need new tires...Zero's do not last long.

Off topic for a second. Dude I love that pic in your sig. You got a higher res. one you can shoot to me?

Indpowr 08-15-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 801549)
Off topic for a second. Dude I love that pic in your sig. You got a higher res. one you can shoot to me?

A little different shot but maybe this will work for you. Sorry Scott

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...R/Picture7.png

PQ 08-15-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indpowr (Post 801730)
A little different shot but maybe this will work for you. Sorry Scott

Perfect. Thanks.

LabRat 08-15-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 801544)
:confused0068:

Ok okokokokokokokokokokok. VERY nice. THAT'S what I"M talkin' bout.................

:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

So I can expect a fix from GM soon? Hope so because there is a loud mouthed B**** on our Friday night bowling league who has a yellow Mustang and wants to race. I've been for a long time now avoiding her and just make a joke or change the subject. This chick is like a freakin 8 yr. old kid calling me chicken and how she heard the Camaros have all kinds of problems and how I overpaid for it. Mind you, it's a V6. Not even a GT but I'm not racing till I KNOW I can beat her dumb ass.

When I get my fix and run fast like you Scott I swear I'm gonna put a banner in front of my office saying GM RULES. :thumbsup:

Until then though. I gotta hide from the Mustang crowd. :(

I would think it more fun, just to keep telling her she wasn't worth the gas.

Don't care if I was driving a nine second auto, I just would not give some pig the satisfaction.

But that's me, and I'm an ass.

LabRat

PQ 08-15-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 801757)
I would think it more fun, just to keep telling her she wasn't worth the gas.

Don't care if I was driving a nine second auto, I just would not give some pig the satisfaction.

But that's me, and I'm an ass.

LabRat

You know, if my car were running fast I would probably feel that way. And I'm sure I'd beat her even with what I've got. I mean, she's got a V6. But it's just a constant reminder that my car is slow. And all the jokes I've had thrown at me were funny at first but starting to actually get irritating. Freinds, family, bowling league, clients, and Bonnie have all been really sticking it to me. All in good fun and I would never let most of them know it but when you add it all up, then that big mouth (who I don't even like) tries to stir it up, it gets really old. Mainly cause while everyone else is for the most part just teasing, this person isn't.

BackinBlackSS/RS 08-15-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 801840)
Mainly cause while everyone else is for the most part just teasing, this person isn't.

If she is serious and is talking smack with a V6 then she is not even worth the time of day. What a tool.

PQ 08-15-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 801904)
If she is serious and is talking smack with a V6 then she is not even worth the time of day. What a tool.

:word:

You're right. And like I said. It's only bothering me because it reminds me about my issue.

PQ 08-15-2009 01:21 PM

Soooooooo. It seems that the video evidence was good after all.

Scotts first videos.

And the latest. Nuff said.

SGOS252382 08-15-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 801907)
:word:

You're right. And like I said. It's only bothering me because it reminds me about my issue.

So when's GM putting that magic fuel in your car?
That 93 octane gas some how raised his shift points?

If you look at the first video, his car shifted early (lower rpm) from 1-2 gear. Many of us mentioned that back when we first watched the video. Now his car is shifting at a higher rpms on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

My guess is GM did adjust several things on his car and they want to keep it hush hush.

PQ 08-15-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 802308)
So when's GM putting that magic fuel in your car?
That 93 octane gas some how raised his shift points?

If you look at the first video, his car shifted early (lower rpm) from 1-2 gear. Many of us mentioned that back when we first watched the video. Now his car is shifting at a higher rpms on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.

My guess is GM did adjust several things on his car and they want to keep it hush hush.

:iono: I'm seeing the same RPMs on all of them.

PQ 08-15-2009 04:00 PM

BTW, anyone see that new GI Joe movie? :sm0:

I got Scott on the phone and he's telling me to stop jacking his thread. :D

SGOS252382 08-15-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 802323)
:iono: I'm seeing the same RPMs on all of them.

You need to go back and closely watch the first video and then the third video. In the first video, the 1-2 shift is noticeably earlier (lower rpm) than in the 3rd video.

I would say maybe 5500 rpms or so in the first clip and 5800 rpms in the third video.

PQ 08-15-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 802375)
You need to go back and closely watch the first video and then the third video. In the first video, the 1-2 shift is noticeably earlier (lower rpm) than in the 3rd video.

I would say maybe 5500 rpms or so in the first clip and 5800 rpms in the third video.

:thumbsup: But there is defifitely a difference in the 0-60.

And I don't think that 300 rpm shift would be the difference in a full second.

SGOS252382 08-15-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 802562)
:thumbsup: But there is defifitely a difference in the 0-60.

And I don't think that 300 rpm shift would be the difference in a full second.

No not all by itself, but it shows that there's probably more going on than just higher octane gas. GM has definately done some tweaking to his car's tuning.
His car now shifts were it should (5800 rpms). Before it was shifting too early.

PQ 08-16-2009 02:53 PM

I was beat lastnite by a new Mustang GT. This guy was a cocky prick. I went to pick up my daughter and her freind from the movies and on the way this guy kept 'playing' with me. Begging me to race. I thought I knew better than to race as slow as my car is but got pissed at the last light. Those two guys were laughing there asses off. (that's right, 2 guys in his car) The last light was actually an entrace to a highway and wide open so when the light turned green I punched it. Got a little better jump than them but :facepalm:.

I only went to about 70 mph. Speed limit is 65, and would have went even farther but what was the point. They were WELL out in front. This car is freaking slow and I'm disgusted. Maybe it gets fixed and gets fast but in the mean time the first 3 months with my car have been a disapointment. And this incident really stung.

It goes in the shop Tuesday for the TAC stuff and to fix the Tachometer. I don't want it back until it's fixed. I wish there were a way to have ALL of you guys drive this Fing thing. You'de see what I'm talking about.

Tired of the jokes. Tired of the tests. Tired of the questions. Tired of explaining the issue. Tired of people doubting it. Just about tired of the car.

rpepka 08-16-2009 03:48 PM

I felt the same way!

jhmurphy 08-16-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 804766)
I was beat lastnite by a new Mustang GT. This guy was a cocky prick. I went to pick up my daughter and her freind from the movies and on the way this guy kept 'playing' with me. Begging me to race. I thought I knew better than to race as slow as my car is but got pissed at the last light. Those two guys were laughing there asses off. (that's right, 2 guys in his car) The last light was actually an entrace to a highway and wide open so when the light turned green I punched it. Got a little better jump than them but :facepalm:.

I only went to about 70 mph. Speed limit is 65, and would have went even farther but what was the point. They were WELL out in front. This car is freaking slow and I'm disgusted. Maybe it gets fixed and gets fast but in the mean time the first 3 months with my car have been a disapointment. And this incident really stung.

It goes in the shop Tuesday for the TAC stuff and to fix the Tachometer. I don't want it back until it's fixed. I wish there were a way to have ALL of you guys drive this Fing thing. You'de see what I'm talking about.

Tired of the jokes. Tired of the tests. Tired of the questions. Tired of explaining the issue. Tired of people doubting it. Just about tired of the car.

I can completely relate to your situation. My car (2SS/RS A6) dynoed at 297 hp on its best run the other day. I just got through doing some 0-60 runs with the car and here are the results

Traction control off

Traction control on (thought I would see if it made any difference)

That pretty much sums it up.
I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow to get them to look at the car.