Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Pontiac G8 Info (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3964)

3whiterag 04-30-2008 08:33 AM

Pontiac G8 Info
 
Thought you might find this interesting,

http://gmpowertrain.ca/forum/index.p...42.msg49#msg49

The_Stache 04-30-2008 09:09 AM

Hrmm.. this does not bode well... 36k for the V8 G8... thats a 7 thousand dollar jump.... and this car is now not one would shop then...

Mythic 04-30-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3whiterag (Post 66842)
Thought you might find this interesting,

http://gmpowertrain.ca/forum/index.p...42.msg49#msg49

???? Canadian?

http://www.pontiac.com/g8/
Shows G8 Sedan base $27595, GT 29995

GT with Premium Package, Sport Package and Sunroof shows as $32745

Mythic 04-30-2008 10:19 AM

G8 has the L76 - 361hp

TAG UR IT 04-30-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythic (Post 66850)
???? Canadian?

http://www.pontiac.com/g8/
Shows G8 Sedan base $27595, GT 29995

GT with Premium Package, Sport Package and Sunroof shows as $32745

Must be.....I went looking at the G8 GT's and prices were the same. MSRP for the G8 GT was identical to what you showed above (sunroof, Sport Package).

The_Blur 04-30-2008 01:04 PM

Why does the V6 cost so much? I'm only asking because this would significantly impact Camaro pricing since the G8 is basically a sister car.

Camaro_Corvette 04-30-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 66903)
Why does the V6 cost so much? I'm only asking because this would significantly impact Camaro pricing since the G8 is basically a sister car.

i was wondering that too, i mean its only a few thousand less(in american pricing). i was kindof hoping it would be cheaper...i just as well go with the V8

Mr. Wyndham 04-30-2008 01:59 PM

That's Canadian pricing
Quote:

A rear-wheel-drive Pontiac performance sedan will once again be seen on the streets of Canada.
I think the surprise is the closeness between US and Canadian pricing. Am I right, Canadians; 3whiterag?

My question is, where are they going to build all these things? The plant in Australia is at capacity as is, and there's a lingering doubt that it can supply enough G8's for the US alone, with the hit that this car is. now it's going to be offered in Canada? Who's building them!?!

3whiterag 05-01-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythic (Post 66850)
???? Canadian?

http://www.pontiac.com/g8/
Shows G8 Sedan base $27595, GT 29995

GT with Premium Package, Sport Package and Sunroof shows as $32745

Yes, that is Cdn. prices.

rray200 05-01-2008 08:56 AM

Canadian pricing on cars is highway robbery. I'm seriously thinking of importing my 5th gen in from the States.

Urthman 05-01-2008 09:51 AM

I paid $32k for mine with everything but the "sport" package. With the 8 cyl. being only $2k more than the 6 cyl. it didn't make any sense to get the 6. (Plus you get 361 horses under the hood!)

LS9CamaroSS 05-01-2008 10:28 AM

I don't know where that site got their pricing info from, but i have a feeling it is totally wrong...

chevyforlife 05-01-2008 02:24 PM

i would love to has this car:drool: . but the price not so much...:yikes: :barf:

Mr. Wyndham 05-01-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS (Post 67110)
I don't know where that site got their pricing info from, but i have a feeling it is totally wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston70 (Post 67177)
If that's the website admin Mike Robins... He has a GM.com email address so... :iono: He must know something?

CANADIAN pricing....;)

Mr. Wyndham 05-01-2008 02:56 PM

Oh...Sorry. :bonk:

Urthman 05-01-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyforlife (Post 67180)
i would love to has this car:drool: . but the price not so much...:yikes: :barf:

There is no other vehicle on the road that is a better deal than this car. The amount of power you get, the great looks, awesome ride, and great build quality blow away all others. Of course, when the Camaro comes out it will have some stiff competition!

DGthe3 05-05-2008 11:30 PM

SWEET! that means that I should get my base V8 Camaro (Zed 28) for about 35k! plus all the other crap, but MSRP of ~35k!

oh, to limit further confusion, please move this to the Canadian section

Mr. Wyndham 05-06-2008 10:07 AM

Good idea. :thumbsup:

3whiterag 05-08-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aston70 (Post 67177)
If that's the website admin Mike Robins... He has a GM.com email address so... :iono: He must know something?

I have the same address and I know nothing!:chevy:

Maddog78 05-15-2008 03:29 PM

So the bottom line is the G8 GT is $7000 more in Canada than the U.S.? :iono:

Dissapointing for sure. :thumbdown:

They should be much closer.

LS9CamaroSS 05-15-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog78 (Post 69719)
So the bottom line is the G8 GT is $7000 more in Canada than the U.S.? :iono:

Dissapointing for sure. :thumbdown:

They should be much closer.

you know being from America i find this to be a rip too... but then again we go to Canada to get pharmies...

DGthe3 05-16-2008 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS (Post 69729)
you know being from America i find this to be a rip too... but then again we go to Canada to get pharmies...

The thing about our 'cheap' pills is that we buy them on the installment plan. Make a little contribution to the healthcare plan every year, then when we need drugs they are cheap. So stop buying my drugs! I helped pay for them, well not really. I don't pay a whole lot of tax yet.

The 7k increase in price for the G8 is actually average. Its not bad, but not that good either. Canadian goods are all more expensive than american goods, generally because your dollar has more buying power. So our prices are inflated. Since your dollar has droped in value, things in Canada have become more expensive, comparitively. And few companies will take a 20% hit on prices without a fight. So when we get back to 0.80-0.85/$1 everything will be normal - only slight gouging. Until then, everything in the US is on sale! 20% discount! Even cheaper for beer, smokes, and gas.

Maddog78 05-16-2008 06:38 AM

Who says we will go back to an 85 cent dollar anytime soon?
Most prediction I've seen say a drop of maybe 5-8 cents over the next 2 yrs.
This is a rip off, plain and simple.
Like I said earlier, when our dollar was 65 cents there was virtually no difference in Canadian and US car prices once you did the conversion.
Now our dollar is par we are being ripped off, there is no other way to say it. I'm sure most Canadian's would accept a slightly higher price because yeah, it is a smaller market, higher cost of business, etc. but $7K on a $30K car?Not good.
Look at Chrysler for one better example. Dropped the price of the Journey from 27K to 20K in Canada. That's more like it.

LS9CamaroSS 05-17-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog78 (Post 69924)
Who says we will go back to an 85 cent dollar anytime soon?
Most prediction I've seen say a drop of maybe 5-8 cents over the next 2 yrs.
This is a rip off, plain and simple.
Like I said earlier, when our dollar was 65 cents there was virtually no difference in Canadian and US car prices once you did the conversion.
Now our dollar is par we are being ripped off, there is no other way to say it. I'm sure most Canadian's would accept a slightly higher price because yeah, it is a smaller market, higher cost of business, etc. but $7K on a $30K car?Not good.
Look at Chrysler for one better example. Dropped the price of the Journey from 27K to 20K in Canada. That's more like it.

you know... even though the Canadian dollar is more than the American dollar there are a lot of places in NYS that still charge tourists from Canada more...

Maddog78 05-17-2008 04:20 AM

Yeah, same with many in WA, which is just across the line from me.
It's because of exchange rates and fees. When they take their few hundred or whatever $C in, they will not get as good a rate as you see posted online plus the bank will charge them a fee.
There are always 2 rates. One to buy, one to sell. The banks make money either way. The exchange rate you see on online sites is usually in the middle of the buy/sell rate and is usually the rate for a million dollar exchange or plus.
Depends on the merchant though. Some will take the loss of a few percent just to get the business. Some don't care.


Also I just read a new prediction today that with high oil prices supporting our currency it will go up to $1.10 by the end of next year.
Look's very unlikely now that our dollar will ever go back to 85 cents in the forseeable fututre.

How will GM explain to Canadians that a Camaro, built in Canada, costs $7K more than the US when our dollar is worth %10 more?

I can't wait to hear this one!
:mad0260:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.