Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My new intake ( Vararam ) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39721)

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 05:31 PM

My new intake ( Vararam )
 
1 Attachment(s)
Is it started at 3:30 yesterday I go down to UPS to let them know to hold my box from Vararam so i don't have to stay home all day,
So today i go to get the Vararam from UPS and i take pics of the office and the box's that i had come in (1 box for vararam and 1 for digi-key) but i for got the memory card at the house,
I got home and did not have time to put on the Vararam so this is what i have for you.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 05:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So hear you go some pics.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 05:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some more pics,

bobby35ny 08-28-2009 05:34 PM

:popcorn:

Jferrell88 08-28-2009 05:35 PM

tease

Ctrain24 08-28-2009 05:39 PM

C'mon man. At least open the friggin box. :D

Baughman 08-28-2009 05:42 PM

Haha.... Such a tease!

vdevine 08-28-2009 05:45 PM

Cut a hole in in your box, put your c*&k in a box.

RamAir02 08-28-2009 05:46 PM

price? and where'd you order from?

Ject 08-28-2009 05:47 PM

Box is empty!

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 05:48 PM

Hay its Friday.
Go to the 2nd post.

toehead93 08-28-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RamAir02 (Post 857124)
price? and where'd you order from?

I believe it is a free test model (beta test).

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 857192)
I believe it is a free test model (beta test).

You are right i am 1 of the test guys for Vararam but the is not for me to own,
It will go back after testing is done..

Do you guys have some Q for me i will tell you what i can.

Ject 08-28-2009 06:16 PM

How Easy / Difficult was it to tilt the radiator ?
And were all parts needed with it to do so?

Croathlete 08-28-2009 06:17 PM

I can't really tell from the pictures, but does the intake mount to the radiator at all? I'm assuming something is holding the radiator in place...

FTI-EDC 08-28-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 857240)
You are right i am 1 of the test guys for Vararam but the is not for me to own,
It will go back after testing is done..

Do you guys have some Q for me i will tell you what i can.


Looks like a good design and execution ... beta testing will be fun!

These OTR inlets are definitely the way to go. Keep testing it and post the results!

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ject (Post 857278)
How Easy / Difficult was it to tilt the radiator ?
And were all parts needed with it to do so?

How easy/Difficult to tilt the radiator? 2 -10 mm screws to remove and the radiator moves for you not hard at all this install was lees than 15 min in all.

Yes all was in the box and some extra small screws for the MAP senser and 2 hose clamps and all hoses for the unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 857284)
I can't really tell from the pictures, but does the intake mount to the radiator at all? I'm assuming something is holding the radiator in place...

Yes the intake is holding the radiator in place.

Now after the first start up and drive this thing comes on like a Freight Train from 3500 to max RPM and dos not want to stop, You can fell the deference in power on my LS3, More Pics Out side for you guys.

One more thing it is louder some what.

Havok1327 08-28-2009 07:10 PM

Great thanks for the info! Can't wait to order one of these.

14pilot 08-28-2009 07:13 PM

Looks like that sucker is glued shut. No prying eyes, eh? Outside is ugly as hell, but I'm sure it's very functional and gets the job done. I can live with that.

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14pilot (Post 857526)
Looks like that sucker is glued shut. No prying eyes, eh? Outside is ugly as hell, but I'm sure it's very functional and gets the job done. I can live with that.

Its made in a wood mold, As this is a prototype it is going to be a nice looking, As soon as it made in a pres, Yes it is glued shut.

Milk 1027 08-28-2009 07:29 PM

That thing looks huge! But I like the design.
Do you think it would work with a S/C?

and have you tried fitting it with the engine cover?

2SSRS@Gen5diy 08-28-2009 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 857582)
That thing looks huge! But I like the design.
Do you think it would work with a S/C?

and have you tried fitting it with the engine cover?

Yes it will wor on a S/C and mor pics for you with the engine cover on.

SS 376 08-28-2009 08:22 PM

Are you allowed to dyno it?

Snuggles 08-28-2009 08:28 PM

So is that the "TUNE ONLY" or "NO TUNE" intake?

newgenss 08-28-2009 08:41 PM

Looking forward to getting this asap!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.