Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What now, tune? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406065)

higherdiving 04-27-2015 11:35 AM

What now, tune?

Hey guys! First post over here and I am excited to finally participate. Ive had this 2010 LS3 for a bit now and only recently started modding. So far I have the borla s-type cat back and borla short headers along with CAI. Just wanted to ask you gents on what I should do next. I was advised tune would be the next thing I should think about. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

http://i58.tinypic.com/2iqhbtd.jpg

Dave Coyle 04-27-2015 11:38 AM

For sure get a tune! You will notice a big difference in the set of your pants! :)

BRAVO 2SS 04-27-2015 11:39 AM

If it was me...I would take the shorty headers out and put some Long Tubes in there and then tune! You will be so much happier...trust me. Watch I'm sure I won't be the only to say it. Nice Car color...nice Ride. Congrats

EDIT: I have 1 7/8 Kooks w/HFC's....even if you don't get the Top Tier Brands like Kooks or ARH...they're other ones for reasonable price. Like SW or TSP.

Dave Coyle 04-27-2015 11:43 AM

I agree, I have the Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube headers/hi-flo cats, many different header companys out there but don't go cheap when you buy them!

higherdiving 04-27-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Coyle (Post 8386971)
For sure get a tune! You will notice a big difference in the set of your pants! :)

Who has the best reputation for tuning out cars? I see that you have Livernois, my brother used them for his Taurus SHO and loves it.

higherdiving 04-27-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS (Post 8386978)
If it was me...I would take the shorty headers out and put some Long Tubes in there and then tune! You will be so much happier...trust me. Watch I'm sure I won't be the only to say it. Nice Car color...nice Ride. Congrats

I was waiting for someone to say something about long verse short lol. Im not sure if I will go that route honestly but I'll definitely consider it if I continue modding and its my best bet. Thanks man!

BRAVO 2SS 04-27-2015 12:51 PM

Yea..I mean, if that's all your going to do for modifications on your car, then tune it and be happy! It might be just enough horsepower for you. If you're happy with it....don't let anybody tell you different. If however you get the mod bug and you will most likely lol, then when you want more horsepower go back and get long tubes.

higherdiving 04-27-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS (Post 8387150)
Yea..I mean, if that's all your going to do for modifications on your car, then tune it and be happy! It might be just enough horsepower for you. If you're happy with it....don't let anybody tell you different. If however you get the mod bug and you will most likely lol, then when you want more horsepower go back and get long tubes.

Who is the best tuner to move forward with?

Argarath 04-27-2015 03:39 PM

i used Ted at JRE and couldnt be happier. Car is a whole different beast from what she was stock. he's also a great guy to deal with.

BRAVO 2SS 04-27-2015 03:41 PM

I believe the best option would be a Dyno tune...not a mail tune. If you can get your car to somebody near you that does tuning. That's a whole can of worms people will argue about.

rberns 04-27-2015 03:41 PM

Go to Straight Line Performance in Joliet, Illinois. I've seen good work come out of there shop.

Avenging Orange 04-27-2015 05:36 PM

You will still see decent gains with shorties. Its the tune that makes it all happen. Good luck.

atiprocharger 05-01-2015 07:48 AM

Mike at vengeancepcm.com hands down does the best tunes. He has been doing it for over 20 years. Also, once he tunes it, he will change the tune for up to one year if you have ad ons.....