Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SLP to show new products at 16th Annual Camaro Fall Classic & F-Body Summit '09 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40787)

TAG UR IT 09-04-2009 02:58 AM

SLP to show new products at 16th Annual Camaro Fall Classic & F-Body Summit '09
 
OHIO F-BODY SUMMIT 09!

Info on the show can be found here...
The Camaro5 reminder and event sign up (not official site registration) can be found here...

Hey guys and gals...

I was talking with our friend Dave Hamburger from SLP earlier and was informed that they will be attending the Ohio enthusiast event. I was told I might want to be there.....(since they are going to be showing something I just might want to pick up...;))

For those going, PLEASE take some pictures for me of the SLP car. Apparently, there is going to be an SLP Camaro out there with an aftermarket hood which we have not seen yet, a spoiler which we have not seen yet (this one sounds REALLY good), a VERY nice set of wheels (which I have been hoping to see for QUITE some time!)....and there should be an image displayed on a poster of a second type of hood that SLP should be making.

Anyhow, I just wanted to pass this info along.

There is NO pricing info or pictures at this time of the parts they will be showing. Everything will be released at the show.

So, for all of you attending, run by, snap a shot or two for me (PLEASE) and shoot them my way.

Thanks!!!

35th02ss 09-04-2009 08:51 AM

Not to mention a Camaro ride and drive for Sat. There will be all flavors SS, LT, LS etc....

TAG UR IT 09-05-2009 02:36 AM

Maybe this should be in the main forums too?

Shoot...I'll move it there. After all, WE are going to be offered some new parts for our toys and I think that's pretty cool.

Wish I could go....

nUcLeArEnVoY 09-05-2009 08:31 AM

It takes place a little over a week from now, right? Finally, we can see the spoiler SLP is planning to mass produce. I hope it's the homerun everyone's been waiting for.

ItIsWhatItIs 09-05-2009 09:52 AM

The show is 9/12 & 9/13. So far Camaros from 18 states will be represented (pre-registered). Where better to have a show then at Summit Racing's corporate headquarters and retail store (you will feel like a child in a toy store at Christmas). SLP, Tom Henry Racing, ect. will be there. Tag, are you sure you don't want me to save you a spot with the rest of the THR Camaros?
It's closer than Carlisle. :happyanim::burnrubber:

goose2011 09-05-2009 11:32 AM

yeah i would love to have tht spolier on my car

cjh1505 09-05-2009 02:26 PM

good to see slp doing parts for the gen5 maro! and another company coming out with a DOVETAIL SPOILER. wwwooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooooooo!:smiles:

montej23 09-05-2009 04:16 PM

Are they going to make this dove tail?

ssmike 09-05-2009 04:19 PM

Is there general admission or something if I don't want my car in the show? We are already past the pre reg time so just wondering if we can just show up and park to attend the event.

MrsLT1PWRD 09-05-2009 05:09 PM

Spectators are free and parking is separate. If you want your car on the show grounds, there is a fee for the display or judged class ($15 / $25 respectively). More info can be found at www.neocc.homestead.com. Hope you can make it!

TAG UR IT 09-06-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs (Post 887583)
The show is 9/12 & 9/13. So far Camaros from 18 states will be represented (pre-registered). Where better to have a show then at Summit Racing's corporate headquarters and retail store (you will feel like a child in a toy store at Christmas). SLP, Tom Henry Racing, ect. will be there. Tag, are you sure you don't want me to save you a spot with the rest of the THR Camaros?
It's closer than Carlisle. :happyanim::burnrubber:

Man, you have no idea how much I'd love to be there...and it would be a full day's drive.....and I mean....like, a FULL days...

Quote:

Driving directions to Summit Racing Equipment: Corporate Offices
1,438 mi about 21 hours 56 mins


In fact, it's pretty much the same as driving back to Tom's!

Quote:

I-40 E
1,507 mi 23 hours 12 mins


For all that are wondering about the spoiler...


now...do NOT quote me on this...

but...

I was told waaaaaaaaaaaay back when (this should be a disclaimer, if you have not seen one before.... ;))

I was told way back when, that the spoiler is doing to be similar to a dove spoiler, but not as large. AND, it will be somewhat, "reverse mohawk'ish" to follow the lines of the roof. Again, this was a while ago and do NOT follow what i saw to be 100% correct. However, this is what I expect to see.

I was also told that the spoiler will be made of ABS plastic, which means no fiberglass and less weight. Yeah...this is something on MY list. ;)

nUcLeArEnVoY 09-06-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 890030)
I was told way back when, that the spoiler is doing to be similar to a dove spoiler, but not as large. AND, it will be somewhat, "reverse mohawk'ish" to follow the lines of the roof. Again, this was a while ago and do NOT follow what i saw to be 100% correct. However, this is what I expect to see.

I was also told that the spoiler will be made of ABS plastic, which means no fiberglass and less weight. Yeah...this is something on MY list. ;)

Meh. If that's the case, I'm not going to like it. The only way it could appear in sync with the reverse mohawk is a sink in the middle of the spoiler which is going to look unattractive to me.

Doc 09-06-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY (Post 890300)
Meh. If that's the case, I'm not going to like it. The only way it could appear in sync with the reverse mohawk is a sink in the middle of the spoiler which is going to look unattractive to me.

Going to depend on how they do it. If it matches the roof one in width or the rear panel between the tail lights, it might look pretty good depending on how far down it goes. I definitely want to see it.

TAG UR IT 09-07-2009 01:31 AM

Again, this could happen or I could be wrong. I'm not going to post up fact unless I had it (I know...then why post anyway...). Well, this was my understanding.

...and, as an auto enthusiast Z06 owning neighbor said earlier today (about this spoiler), getting that is a "no brainer." I'm sure it's going to be incredible.

Amwellls1 09-07-2009 11:24 AM

I am going to take a ride up!

KILLER74Z28 09-08-2009 08:25 AM

Okay we are in... We will be staying at Comfort Inn & Suites Kent OH.

See everyone there... ;)

SLP Performance 09-08-2009 02:37 PM

Thank you for the positive response.

SLP will attending the upcoming Camaro event with our Show Truck & Trailer featuring two vehicles. SLP will have on display our 2010 ZL575 Supercharged Dealer Package Camaro and a 2010 V6 Camaro Test Vehicle featuring many SLP products. We will have parts on display and literature for you to take home.

As part of this special event, we will holding a Special Giveaway Raffle for a FREE 2010 Camaro SLP Hood. The only way to win is to be there! For more information, come to the SLP display and sign up.

We look forward to seeing you there!



Regards,

Team SLP
www.slponline.com

Primus 09-08-2009 05:34 PM

Can't wait to see what you have for the V6!!

TAG UR IT 09-08-2009 06:55 PM

Very cool....darnit...as if I didn't already want to go!

2010_5thgen 09-08-2009 08:15 PM

thats about 20 minutes form my house. i will be there. cant wait either. i saw that hood and i think i want it. ill get some pics. anyone whos gonna be there look me up. black on black 2010 ss/rs with 22" 360 forged matte black wheels.

<---------like the picture

2010_5thgen 09-08-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 897591)
Thank you for the positive response.

SLP will attending the upcoming Camaro event with our Show Truck & Trailer featuring two vehicles. SLP will have on display our 2010 ZL575 Supercharged Dealer Package Camaro and a 2010 V6 Camaro Test Vehicle featuring many SLP products. We will have parts on display and literature for you to take home.

As part of this special event, we will holding a Special Giveaway Raffle for a FREE 2010 Camaro SLP Hood. The only way to win is to be there! For more information, come to the SLP display and sign up.

We look forward to seeing you there!



Regards,

Team SLP
www.slponline.com

a chance to win that hood???!!!!! sweet. im in. will you be selling any products there? im looking for a new intake to go with a magna charger. dont have the magna charger yet but i want it to be compatable with it.

tones2SS 09-08-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLP Performance (Post 897591)
Thank you for the positive response.

SLP will attending the upcoming Camaro event with our Show Truck & Trailer featuring two vehicles. SLP will have on display our 2010 ZL575 Supercharged Dealer Package Camaro and a 2010 V6 Camaro Test Vehicle featuring many SLP products. We will have parts on display and literature for you to take home.

As part of this special event, we will holding a Special Giveaway Raffle for a FREE 2010 Camaro SLP Hood. The only way to win is to be there! For more information, come to the SLP display and sign up.

We look forward to seeing you there!



Regards,

Team SLP
www.slponline.com

Please post some pics here if you can from the event!:thumbsup:

ItIsWhatItIs 09-09-2009 10:36 PM

Can you guess where the fbodfather and the rest of the GM team will be this Saturday? :w00t::bow::popcorn: Forecast is sunny high in the upper 70's!!!

5th_GEN_SS 09-10-2009 07:23 PM

i will be there!!!!!

5th_GEN_SS 09-10-2009 07:42 PM

do u only have to pre reg for the bbq?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.