Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Camaro SS\RS vs C63 AMG (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41551)

Marvelous 09-08-2009 09:55 PM

Camaro SS\RS vs C63 AMG
 
I've been on the fence this entire year, I wont be in the market until late 2010 for a car, but I love both cars, lately I have been leaning toward the C63 because of the body gaps I see in the camaro :( Mainly the doors.

A lot can change in the styling from now until I'm actually in the market for a car, but what do you all think?

I have driven and been in a C63, love the car, I have yet to drive a the Camaro though. The C63 is a beast! :)

I'm aware of the price gap between the two cars, but it's only a minor issue IMO. Since it's going to be the first car I actually buy for myself, I want to be truely happy with the choice... even if it means an extra 10k or so.

To me, the Camaro has a lot of points because it has a soul, I had a 67 as my first car, miss it :( and the C63, well I just love it, and I think it's f*cking sexy but it doesn't hold special place in my hear the way the Camaro does.

Zeus 09-09-2009 12:12 AM

This is not a comparison.


C63 > in every possible way you could ever think of. But its 30k more..... why are you comparing the two?

211269 09-09-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 900340)
This is not a comparison.


C63 > in every possible way you could ever think of. But its 30k more..... why are you comparing the two?

:word:

SWAT 79 09-09-2009 08:55 AM

He's comparing them because they're the 2 cars he's considering most, he said he rather pay more and be happy with his decision...so for him it's not so much the price as it is which he would rather own....

That being said, is this gonna be your dd or a fun car?

Zeus 09-09-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWAT 79 (Post 900861)
He's comparing them because they're the 2 cars he's considering most, he said he rather pay more and be happy with his decision...so for him it's not so much the price as it is which he would rather own....

That being said, is this gonna be your dd or a fun car?

He also said he wouldnt mind dropping an extra 10k which probably means that he doesnt know the real price difference.


You could literally get 2 Camaros for the price of 1 C63 AMG.



But the AMG is worth it for sure.... with the detuned engine a tune unlocks some crazy horsepower potential and Check out this sound from inside the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE0LQ...e=channel_page

Crowley 09-09-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 900340)
This is not a comparison.


C63 > in every possible way you could ever think of. But its 30k more..... why are you comparing the two?

I agree .. if you can afford the C63 .. go for it .. hell of a car!

Crowley

ssump29 09-09-2009 09:25 AM

It's a nice car but IMO it doesn't compare. It's a sedan while the camaro is a sports coupe. I had one those cars try to keep up with me in chicago and it couldn't hang, esp when it came to going in and out of traffic. Once I let up the guy driving it caught up and ask what the hp on that and I yelled it out to him and he yells back what the hell I have more then that and I could stay with you. My reply was well your car is a 1,000 pounds heavier, he nods and says will that would be the problem.

Zeus 09-09-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssump29 (Post 900959)
It's a nice car but IMO it doesn't compare. It's a sedan while the camaro is a sports coupe. I had one those cars try to keep up with me in chicago and it couldn't hang, esp when it came to going in and out of traffic. Once I let up the guy driving it caught up and ask what the hp on that and I yelled it out to him and he yells back what the hell I have more then that and I could stay with you. My reply was well your car is a 1,000 pounds heavier, he nods and says will that would be the problem.


C63 AMG weighs 3900lbs.


Your story is full of :bs: btw. That AMG has clocked a 3.9 0-60, and a 12.1 1/4 stock.


But its not about what it does stock, the AMG is a tuners dream because the engine it has is the same one Merc uses to put out 550+ hp. And you know how hard it is to get that out of the AMG? Try a tune.

ssump29 09-09-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 901050)
C63 AMG weighs 3900lbs.


Your story is full of :bs: btw. That AMG has clocked a 3.9 0-60, and a 12.1 1/4 stock.


But its not about what it does stock, the AMG is a tuners dream because the engine it has is the same one Merc uses to put out 550+ hp. And you know how hard it is to get that out of the AMG? Try a tune.

No the AMG weights more like 4800 lbs and clocked the 60 at 4.3. And no story my story isn't bs. And who cares about a 60 time when you are already rolling in traffic. Did you not read my encounter it was on the highway moving through traffic. He couldn't follow and move like I could, I could care less about the 1320 you are quoting. and where did you get your numbers even mercedes doesn't quote those.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/usa/inde...oom/models/c63

yeah check it out before typing false info.

Crowley 09-09-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssump29 (Post 901077)
No the AMG weights more like 4800 lbs and clocked the 60 at 4.3. And no story my story isn't bs. And who cares about a 60 time when you are already rolling in traffic. Did you not read my encounter it was on the highway moving through traffic. He couldn't follow and move like I could, I could care less about the 1320 you are quoting. and where did you get your numbers even mercedes doesn't quote those.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/usa/inde...oom/models/c63

yeah check it out before typing false info.

LOL I call BS as well ..

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercedes...specifications

You should read your own link .. curb weight is 3814lbs ... 0-60 in 4.3 ... I think maybe that guy couldn't drive or it wasn't and AMG.


Motortrend data on 2008 c63 AMG

Curb weight 4004 lb
Weight dist., f/r 53/47 %
Seating capacity 5
TEST DATA
Acceleration to mph
0-30 1.6 sec
0-40 2.3
0-50 3.2
0-60 4.1
0-70 5.3
0-80 6.6
0-90 8.1
Passing, 45-65 mph 2.0 sec
Quarter mile 12.5 sec @ 113.5 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph 103 ft
Lateral acceleration 0.95 g (avg)
MT figure eight 24.9 sec @ 0.78 g (avg)

Crowley

Zeus 09-09-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssump29 (Post 901077)
No the AMG weights more like 4800 lbs and clocked the 60 at 4.3. And no story my story isn't bs. And who cares about a 60 time when you are already rolling in traffic. Did you not read my encounter it was on the highway moving through traffic. He couldn't follow and move like I could, I could care less about the 1320 you are quoting. and where did you get your numbers even mercedes doesn't quote those.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/usa/inde...oom/models/c63

yeah check it out before typing false info.

Mercedes, like Porsche/BMW, tend to quote some odd numbers for spec sheets. In the real world, their cars perform better.



http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...ag-Racing.html


Drag times.


http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercedes-benz-c-63-amg.html


Weight.


http://www.autospies.com/news/Sorry-...t-lived-22359/

0-60.




SO you dont care about weight (which you were wrong about), and you dont care about 0-60 (wrong again) or the 1/4, so you'd rather us ignore the numbers that people have reproduced in the real world so that we will take your personal testimony as fact?



Sorry. Not going to happen. You probably raced an E550. The C63 would have won big time.

zebra 09-09-2009 10:21 AM

:popcorn:

today's entertainment has been brought to you by...

ssump29 09-09-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 901106)
LOL I call BS as well ..

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercedes...specifications

You should read your own link .. curb weight is 3814lbs ... 0-60 in 4.3 ... I think maybe that guy couldn't drive or it wasn't and AMG.


Motortrend data on 2008 c63 AMG

Curb weight 4004 lb
Weight dist., f/r 53/47 %
Seating capacity 5
TEST DATA
Acceleration to mph
0-30 1.6 sec
0-40 2.3
0-50 3.2
0-60 4.1
0-70 5.3
0-80 6.6
0-90 8.1
Passing, 45-65 mph 2.0 sec
Quarter mile 12.5 sec @ 113.5 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph 103 ft
Lateral acceleration 0.95 g (avg)
MT figure eight 24.9 sec @ 0.78 g (avg)

Crowley

No it was an AMG I know cars, so theres no need to act like you guys know everything and everyone else is wrong. Sorry I looked at total weight, an honest mistake. The fact is the car still wasn't moving that great and wasn't as nimble. So having 25 more hp and weighing 100 lbs more isn't quite the advantage when moving like we were. If the guy couldn't drive sorry for him but he was hitting all the ins and outs just the same.

My point is, its a nice sedan but I don't think it runs as nice as a nice coupe which is what the Camaro is. Given they are about the same in performance. having 23 more TQ and 25 more hp and weighing 65 lbs more doesn't mean its just flat out a better performer and can't be beat by a stock Camaro, when more then likely it was a stock AMG also.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.