Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Mustang GT500KR vs 2010 SS (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42101)

Epitaph 09-12-2009 04:28 AM

Mustang GT500KR vs 2010 SS
 
http://www.spokentorque.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1517

I bet a $20k Mustang hood is faster than a $1500 Camaro SS hood. :facepalm: x infinity

Z/28orSs 09-12-2009 05:28 AM

wow
.... that was a good read
+1

fdjizm 09-12-2009 08:32 AM

ridiculous for insurance purposes, great for collectors that they are keeping their OE parts that ridiculously high, basically you can never make a KR out of REAL parts...

poor guy :/

08GT500 09-12-2009 09:30 AM

Just to clarify, this is a 2008/9 Kr. No 2010's have been built yet which is the new body. As for an update, the new price of the hood is supposed to be $9700. Some speculate that price does not include markup or shipping but it is still pretty steep for a hood. There are some 09's new at dealers marked down to $60k. It would be insane to pay over 30k for a hood on a 60k car.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/11/s...eru/3#comments

MuscleCarz 09-12-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08GT500 (Post 913654)
Just to clarify, this is a 2008/9 Kr. No 2010's have been built yet which is the new body. As for an update, the new price of the hood is supposed to be $9700. Some speculate that price does not include markup or shipping but it is still pretty steep for a hood. There are some 09's new at dealers marked down to $60k. It would be insane to pay over 30k for a hood on a 60k car.....



I would like to see a cost comparison on some other OEM carbon fiber hoods. ;)

fdjizm 09-12-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08GT500 (Post 913654)
Just to clarify, this is a 2008/9 Kr. No 2010's have been built yet which is the new body. As for an update, the new price of the hood is supposed to be $9700. Some speculate that price does not include markup or shipping but it is still pretty steep for a hood. There are some 09's new at dealers marked down to $60k. It would be insane to pay over 30k for a hood on a 60k car.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/11/s...eru/3#comments

you are not paying for the actual hood material sir.

if you have a KR and you heard that people can get your official OEM KR parts and build a kr for half the price, what would you do? shelby doesn't do this because they are money hungry, they do it so YOU CANNOT MAKE A KR OUT OF REAL OEM PARTS. I hope this makes sense.

garagelogic 09-12-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08GT500 (Post 913654)
Just to clarify, this is a 2008/9 Kr. No 2010's have been built yet which is the new body.

And there never will be any more GT500KR's built.;)

MuscleCarz 09-12-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 913692)
you are not paying for the actual hood material sir.

if you have a KR and you heard that people can get your official OEM KR parts and build a kr for half the price, what would you do? shelby doesn't do this because they are money hungry, they do it so YOU CANNOT MAKE A KR OUT OF REAL OEM PARTS. I hope this makes sense.

Actually, Shelby used a standard cost formula to calculate the price. Figuring in OEM spec R&D, crash testing, tooling, and manufacturing for such a limited part can get expensive..

The fact tat Shelby only sells these hoods after a thorough review of why someone needs a KR hood, is what keeps them off the streets.

Epitaph 09-12-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08GT500 (Post 913654)
Just to clarify, this is a 2008/9 Kr. No 2010's have been built yet which is the new body. As for an update, the new price of the hood is supposed to be $9700. Some speculate that price does not include markup or shipping but it is still pretty steep for a hood. There are some 09's new at dealers marked down to $60k. It would be insane to pay over 30k for a hood on a 60k car.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/11/s...eru/3#comments

You know what? I wasn't even paying attention...changed, thanks.

600hp-lpe 09-12-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garagelogic (Post 913700)
And there never will be any more GT500KR's built.;)

I agree. The insurance company will refuse to insure, you won't get a loan.. etc.

noom1108 09-12-2009 03:52 PM

GT500KR.
 
Terrible in all respects!

MuscleCarz 09-12-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe (Post 914600)
I agree. The insurance company will refuse to insure, you won't get a loan.. etc.

:word:

I heard insurance companies were going to stop insuring any car over 50k!

Quote:

Originally Posted by noom1108 (Post 914607)
Terrible in all respects!

:word:

11's off the showroom floor is TRASH!

1320junkie 09-12-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleCarz (Post 914753)
:word:

I heard insurance companies were going to stop insuring any car over 50k!

Well that would put over half of car makers out of business

Thrillz 09-13-2009 10:25 AM

Thats laughable at best. If i owned a KR after reading that i would never take it out of my garage lol. On top of that those new 2010 GT500's are total rust buckets coming from the factory. Epic fail in every way.:thumbdown:

fdjizm 09-13-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrillz (Post 917102)
Thats laughable at best. If i owned a KR after reading that i would never take it out of my garage lol. On top of that those new 2010 GT500's are total rust buckets coming from the factory. Epic fail in every way.:thumbdown:

one guy makes 3 threads about his surface rust and now all 10' gt500's are rust buckets ROFL gotta love the internet

All-Or-Nothing 09-13-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 917130)
one guy makes 3 threads about his surface rust and now all 10' gt500's are rust buckets ROFL gotta love the internet

LMAO, that was 3 threads just on here. He got ran off another Mustang forum with all that crying over nothing.

Sleestack 09-13-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 917130)
one guy makes 3 threads about his surface rust and now all 10' gt500's are rust buckets ROFL gotta love the internet

LMAO. The only surface rust is on the pumpkin and on the axle Suspension brackets. The cool thing is you can buy a complete painted Ford Racing axle assembly from Ford Racing, complete with 3:73 gears already installed for ~$700. Way to kill 2 birds with one stone, and put your GT500 solidly in the 11's at the same time :thumbup:.

fdjizm 09-13-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack (Post 917175)
LMAO. The only surface rust is on the pumpkin and on the axle Suspension brackets. The cool thing is you can buy a complete painted Ford Racing axle assembly from Ford Racing, complete with 3:73 gears already installed for ~$700. Way to kill 2 birds with one stone, and put your GT500 solidly in the 11's at the same time :thumbup:.

no damn you it's a RUST BUCKET!!

LMAO

All-Or-Nothing 09-13-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack (Post 917175)
LMAO. The only surface rust is on the pumpkin and on the axle Suspension brackets. The cool thing is you can buy a complete painted Ford Racing axle assembly from Ford Racing, complete with 3:73 gears already installed for ~$700. Way to kill 2 birds with one stone, and put your GT500 solidly in the 11's at the same time :thumbup:.



Maybe that was out of his price range :iono:

Thrillz 09-13-2009 05:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdjizm (Post 917130)
one guy makes 3 threads about his surface rust and now all 10' gt500's are rust buckets ROFL gotta love the internet


Attachment 54233

Attachment 54234

Attachment 54235

Attachment 54236

Attachment 54237

You call that a little surface rust? I work in the weld shop in an automotive plant if that got by our shop someone would have been fired for that. My F150 truck after 3 Canadian winters didnt look that bad. Thats brutal:thumbdown::thumbdown:

meanmike 09-13-2009 05:46 PM

I gotta say guy's it does look like hell, but his problem does'nt appear to be widespread.

Sleestack 09-13-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanmike (Post 918222)
but his problem does'nt appear to be widespread.

The only impacts the rear axle (includes the pumpkin, brackets, etc.). Not really a big deal, kinda like having rusty rotors on a commuter car.

garagelogic 09-13-2009 05:57 PM

It's definitely there on all the S197 Mustangs, including the GT500's, but it's isolated to the rear axles assembly. Other than the fact that it is not pleasing aesthetically, it's really not a big deal to 99% of people who own the cars. To say the car is a "total rust-bucket" is to imply that the rust issue is prevalent throughout the entire car, which is clearly not the case.

Still, I know some people are going to hang on the fact that it has any rust at all, so I guess a "rust-bucket" it is.:rolleyes:

fdjizm 09-15-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrillz (Post 918167)
Attachment 54233
You call that a little surface rust? I work in the weld shop in an automotive plant if that got by our shop someone would have been fired for that. My F150 truck after 3 Canadian winters didnt look that bad. Thats brutal:thumbdown::thumbdown:

grasping at straws today are we? lol you call that a rust bucket?

katman 09-15-2009 12:28 PM

My first car was a 1973 Ford LTD with a 400 V-8 and a C-6 transmission, and that, my friends, was a RUST bucket!!!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.