Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Poor Baby :( (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444823)

Clammy Clemens 03-18-2016 01:49 PM

My Poor Baby :(

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

Well it was bound to happen eventually. I was sitting in dead stop traffic on the freeway, and out of no where a large white van just plows into me. What do you guys think? Damage looks minimal but I got a bid for 600 at the dealer but they expect it to rise into the 2000s...

Clammy Clemens 03-18-2016 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More damage

2Carats 03-18-2016 02:33 PM

Damage looks minimal... however, I'm for certain you got sick immediately. Glad you're ok.

Shinebrightx 03-18-2016 03:19 PM

Damage doesn't look bad. But I was in an accident a few months back and it wasn't much damage.. Or so I thought. Ended up being $6k worth. All hidden damages. Just get it fixed right the first time!

maddoggyusa 03-18-2016 03:53 PM

Is the cover even damaged? Should be a bumper bar and cushion behind the cover... either way doesn't look too bad.

Sure seems our cars get rear ended lots!

sdynak 03-18-2016 04:00 PM

I think that dealer badge attracted it :)

Seriously.. doesn't look bad but the damage behind could be much worse.. get it worked on at a respectable shop if you can. Glad no one was injured personally except the girl :( .. Will seem like it never happened soon.. Hang in there.

Mr. Stacy 03-18-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddoggyusa (Post 8976551)
Is the cover even damaged? Should be a bumper bar and cushion behind the cover... either way doesn't look too bad.

! ^^^^^^^^ !

Hopefully a few cosmetic fixes and you'll be good to go. How is the exhaust?

Sorry this happened. Good luck.

Mr. Stacy 03-18-2016 07:22 PM

BTW, Texas has some of the best insurance related consumer protection laws in the Country. Take full advantage of them. :nod: JMHO

From the Texas Insurance Bill of Rights:

24. SETTLEMENT OFFER. You have the right to reject any settlement amount, including any unfair valuation, offered by the insurance company.

25. EXPLANATION OF CLAIM DENIAL. Your insurance company must tell you in writing why your claim or part of your claim was denied.

26. TIMEFRAMES FOR CLAIM PROCESSING AND PAYMENT. When you file a claim on your own policy, you have the right to have your claim processed and paid promptly. If the insurance company fails to meet required claims processing and payment deadlines, you have the right to collect 18% annual interest and attorney's fees in addition to your claim amount.

27. CHOICE OF REPAIR SHOP AND REPLACEMENT PARTS. You have the right to choose the repair shop and replacement parts for your vehicle. An insurance company may not specify the brand, type, kind, age, vendor, supplier, or condition of parts or products used to repair your automobile.

28. DEDUCTIBLE RECOVERY. If another person is liable for damage to your auto and you filed a claim and paid a deductible on your own policy, your insurance company must make a reasonable and diligent effort to recover the deductible from that person within twelve months from the date your claim is paid. If not, your company must:
  • authorize you, at least 90 days prior to the expiration of the statute of limitations, to pursue your own collection efforts, or
  • refund your deductible.

You should read the entire document:

https://www.tdi.state.tx.us/rules/bor-auto-english.html

Clammy Clemens 03-18-2016 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddoggyusa (Post 8976551)

Yup, the Chevy dealer told me once they take the back off that they'll likely have to replace the cushion.. :(

Clammy Clemens 03-18-2016 08:52 PM

Thanks to all of you for the wishes, I'll post again when she gets fixed!

Clammy Clemens 03-18-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy (Post 8976829)
! ^^^^^^^^ !

Hopefully a few cosmetic fixes and you'll be good to go. How is the exhaust?

Sorry this happened. Good luck.

The exhaust appears to be completely fine (PHEW) upon my inspection underneath the car, of course we'll see what they find when the shop looks at it.

SnowyCamaro 03-18-2016 09:49 PM

If its just the bumper you could pull it off yourself ans snap it all back together. (If you do this quickly after the accident everything will pop back nicely, i try to pop back into shape asap). The rear bumper comes off really fast. You could pull that bumper off snap back together and pop dents back out, replace the foam and buff out any scratches (assuming they are surface level) in like 2-3 hrs. Very easy repair, if no paint and exhaust is ok cheap fix, under 600 i would guess. 1k with paint if needed. If new bumper needed then...well...

SuperSport2011 03-18-2016 11:16 PM

Depends. Once they take the bumper off and see the absorber panel. That gets pricey fast. Mine looked similar and it was 9000$ (canadian currency)

scandata 03-19-2016 12:27 PM

Why worry? If you were at a dead stop and the van hit you, the van owner's insurance should cover everything.