Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Al Oppenheiser on Z/28..... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44781)

ShnOmac 09-28-2009 01:05 PM

Al Oppenheiser on Z/28.....
 
From Super Chevy magazine October '09.
I cant find the article on their website so I dont have a link.

Now I really have no Idea what to expect...... :facepalm:


SC:Now that the Camaro is in the showrooms and on the street, whatabout extending the model lieup with a cobertible, and possibly a Z/28 version? What would a Z/28 be like?

AO: The convertible has been announced, but it has been delayed until 2011. As far as a Z/28, or a performance version, we've had this debate internally many, many times. What would you call the performance version? A Z/28? A COPO? A Yenko? Would you bring back a nostalgic name, or not? Create a new one? The SS was always the big dog Camaro, not the Z/28. The first Z/28 was built just to get us into the racing circuit against the Mustang and all the other cars that were in that class. If you were going to take a Z/28 approach, you'd try to stay true to the RPO, build a car that you could drive daily on the street, take to the drag strip and do well, or take to the track and do well, which the original Z/28 did. Take some things out of it, get the mass down, use and existing small-block, maybe an ls7, an ls9. Make it a great performing car for the purist.

ljustin293 09-28-2009 01:07 PM

:popcorn:

ShnOmac 09-28-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljustin293 (Post 978406)
:popcorn:

Im with ya... I think thats all we can do!
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Number 3 09-28-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 978415)
Im with ya... I think thats all we can do!
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Isn't this fun, Shnomac?

ShnOmac 09-28-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 978420)
Isn't this fun, Shnomac?

No ..yall are seriously going to kill me... oh well at least I have popcorn :popcorn:
You guys enjoy torturing us dont ya?





:D

ShnOmac 09-28-2009 01:20 PM

I think my passion for the 5th Gen and its upcoming models and packages has turned into a very unhealthy obsession....... :facepalm:

1320junkie 09-28-2009 01:25 PM

lol

S8ER01Z 09-28-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 978403)
From Super Chevy magazine October '09.
I cant find the article on their website so I dont have a link.

Now I really have no Idea what to expect...... :facepalm:


SC:Now that the Camaro is in the showrooms and on the street, whatabout extending the model lieup with a cobertible, and possibly a Z/28 version? What would a Z/28 be like?

AO: The convertible has been announced, but it has been delayed until 2011. As far as a Z/28, or a performance version, we've had this debate internally many, many times. What would you call the performance version? A Z/28? A COPO? A Yenko? Would you bring back a nostalgic name, or not? Create a new one? The SS was always the big dog Camaro, not the Z/28. The first Z/28 was built just to get us into the racing circuit against the Mustang and all the other cars that were in that class. If you were going to take a Z/28 approach, you'd try to stay true to the RPO, build a car that you could drive daily on the street, take to the drag strip and do well, or take to the track and do well, which the original Z/28 did. Take some things out of it, get the mass down, use and existing small-block, maybe an ls7, an ls9. Make it a great performing car for the purist.

:bow: Trim the fat and bring down the price so the people who don't want all the expensive features can get a no-nonsense car.

ShnOmac 09-28-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320junkie (Post 978465)
lol

Im glad the beginning of my demise makes you Lol..... :laugh:

99-LS1-SS 09-28-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 978446)
I think my passion for the 5th Gen and its upcoming models and packages has turned into a very unhealthy obsession....... :facepalm:

I am, officially, right there with you. :mad0259:

1320junkie 09-28-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 978478)
Im glad the beginning of my demise makes you Lol..... :laugh:

you are welcome..lol..if its not supercharged i will be a fan of it

Tactical Z 09-28-2009 01:48 PM

I have every right to post....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 978446)
I think my passion for the 5th Gen and its upcoming models and packages has turned into a very unhealthy obsession....... :facepalm:

http://thecandyreport.files.wordpres...ssed_cover.jpg

:sm0:

ShnOmac 09-28-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactical Z (Post 978563)

:sm0:

I wold take a new Z/28 over her any day.......

UCI CamaroFan 09-28-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shnomac77 (Post 978403)
From Super Chevy magazine October '09.
I cant find the article on their website so I dont have a link.

Now I really have no Idea what to expect...... :facepalm:


SC:Now that the Camaro is in the showrooms and on the street, whatabout extending the model lieup with a cobertible, and possibly a Z/28 version? What would a Z/28 be like?

AO: The convertible has been announced, but it has been delayed until 2011. As far as a Z/28, or a performance version, we've had this debate internally many, many times. What would you call the performance version? A Z/28? A COPO? A Yenko? Would you bring back a nostalgic name, or not? Create a new one? The SS was always the big dog Camaro, not the Z/28. The first Z/28 was built just to get us into the racing circuit against the Mustang and all the other cars that were in that class. If you were going to take a Z/28 approach, you'd try to stay true to the RPO, build a car that you could drive daily on the street, take to the drag strip and do well, or take to the track and do well, which the original Z/28 did. Take some things out of it, get the mass down, use and existing small-block, maybe an ls7, an ls9. Make it a great performing car for the purist.

:word:

This is why I don't think they should make the Z/28, but instead name it something else and not make too many.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.