Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Service Stabiltrak soon (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45387)

two_wheel_mayhem 10-01-2009 11:33 PM

Service Stabiltrak soon

It said it again today, just like the other time.

When I first turned the key on, before starting the engine.

I even shut it back down and tried again but it didn't say it the next time.

What does this mean?

Buckbo 10-02-2009 07:11 AM

If you turn the key for a quick second then let go the engine will continue to crank until the car starts. If you start the car this way the "Service Stabiltrak" message will appear. Holding the key in the start position until the engine fires up will keep the message from appearing. I learned that from a previous thread on this forum.

tjd24 10-02-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckbo (Post 995532)
If you turn the key for a quick second then let go the engine will continue to crank until the car starts. If you start the car this way the "Service Stabiltrak" message will appear. Holding the key in the start position until the engine fires up will keep the message from appearing. I learned that from a previous thread on this forum.

Exactly - turning the key just slightly and letting go like a faux "Push to Start" causes the warning message to display - doesn't mean anything (so far).

Brokinarrow 10-02-2009 12:03 PM

I start my Camaro like that all the time, the only time I see the 'Service Stabili-Track' message is if it doesn't start (ie, i didnt have the clutch in, or accidentally let the clutch out too soon). Maybe it does that on autos? :iono:

Michael_Js 10-02-2009 02:32 PM

Only time I've ever seen this was after a dyno run. It lit up with every other light on the console! After a couple minutes, it went away. I've started my Baby with the quick start as well as the "normal" start and have never seen this message.

ahart04 10-02-2009 03:12 PM

everytime ive done the quickstart, it says service stabilitrack EXCEPT:

one time, i stalled, and tried to quickstart-->didn't work. so i held-started it, no serv. stabilitrack.

since i always quickstart and mostly don't stall, i am used to seeing 'service stabilitrack' everyday. i saw on a different thread not to be worried..

however i know for a fact that my stabilitrack works (omg this feature is awesome you can take turns at any speed you want lol), so i'm really not worried.

Pauls69RSSS 10-02-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckbo (Post 995532)

Now I'm confused! Are you saying the DIC shows a message to service the Stabilitrak if you just touch the key and let it crank on it's own? On a manual or automatic?

The reason I ask is because this is how I start mine (just a quick twist and let it go on it's own) and it has not given me any messages! Mine is a manual.

Paul

LSX-80MM 10-02-2009 07:02 PM

Mine comes on as well,along with TC when I mat it,but gos off when I lift,has done it since I added the Turbo guess it's freaking out cause of Torque managements turned off,and it's recieving 580rwtrq:confused0068::thumbup:

ahart04 10-02-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauls69RSSS (Post 998065)
Now I'm confused! Are you saying the DIC shows a message to service the Stabilitrak if you just touch the key and let it crank on it's own? On a manual or automatic?

The reason I ask is because this is how I start mine (just a quick twist and let it go on it's own) and it has not given me any messages! Mine is a manual.

Paul

wow yea thats interesting...because mine always says it when i do the quick twist. 2SS manual..

Michael_Js 10-02-2009 10:58 PM

Weird so many people see this with the quick start...Hmmm. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

10aSSee D 10-03-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 997072)
Only time I've ever seen this was after a dyno run. It lit up with every other light on the console! After a couple minutes, it went away. I've started my Baby with the quick start as well as the "normal" start and have never seen this message.

Mine did the exact same thing on the the dyno and went away when i pulled out of the dyno and on the street. No problems since then.

GangGreen 10-03-2009 08:27 AM

i saw it once only, and i do the tap start all the time. 1LT Auto

Buckbo 10-03-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauls69RSSS (Post 998065)

Paul

Actually, it did it for me once and it didn't do it for me once. I usually hold it until it starts (force of habit). I recall a thread on this a while back. We may need to :search:

two_wheel_mayhem 10-03-2009 02:27 PM

As long as it doesn't stay on I'm not gonna worry about it.

Camarofan69 10-04-2009 03:16 PM

mine does it when i quick start and when i hold the key. its only there for a second, but its there.

tshansen 01-29-2010 02:34 PM

I brought my camaro in for the pdim update to fix ipod syncing issues. At that time I also mentioned the service stabilitrack indicator that occurs occasionally during start up. They found a software update for the EBCM (electronic brake control module) that they think might fix the warning. I'll know more in a week when it hasn't occured.

tshansen 01-29-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tshansen (Post 1429463)
I brought my camaro in for the pdim update to fix ipod syncing issues. At that time I also mentioned the service stabilitrack indicator that occurs occasionally during start up. They found a software update for the EBCM (electronic brake control module) that they think might fix the warning. I'll know more in a week when it hasn't occured.

This update did not fix the problem. It occurred again when I started up later in the day.

Rogue Leader 01-29-2010 06:26 PM

Tap start all the time as well, never got that message. Car was built 6/1

1meanss 03-11-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKnBLK (Post 998089)
Mine comes on as well,along with TC when I mat it,but gos off when I lift,has done it since I added the Turbo guess it's freaking out cause of Torque managements turned off,and it's recieving 580rwtrq:confused0068::thumbup:

Yeah, I have close to 600 rwhp and it comes on occasionally.