Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tinting the Camaros Windows? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45726)

Whitepre 10-04-2009 07:56 AM

Tinting the Camaros Windows?

I just got my car tinted yesterday and of course your not supposed to roll down your windows for 3-5 days cuz the tint needs time to adhere. My question is since everytime you open and close the doors on the camaro they roll down about a quarter of an inch and fully close when you shut the door. Is there a chance you may mess up the tint still? :rolleyes:

Wikedwil 10-04-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitepre (Post 1002348)
I just got my car tinted yesterday and of course your not supposed to roll down your windows for 3-5 days cuz the tint needs time to adhere. My question is since everytime you open and close the doors on the camaro they roll down about a quarter of an inch and fully close when you shut the door. Is there a chance you may mess up the tint still? :rolleyes:

Never been told that. :iono:
I have had 5 cars tinted by Ziebart, no problems at all. They didn't say anything about not using the windows.

Banshee 10-04-2009 08:01 AM

There is a gap cut into the tint on the edge of the window where it sets in the weatherstripping. The gap is about 3-4mm wide and barely noticable when the window indexes.

Phoneguy 10-04-2009 09:08 AM

I had my windows tinted and had a sticker across the window buttons that said not to roll them down for 48 hours. I had that done 2 weeks ago and didn't notice any issues with the tint. I looks good.

incustody 10-04-2009 10:03 AM

48 hrs is standard and all worked well in my tinting. It was hard enough not to touch the switch for 48hrs let along thinking of not touching it for 3-5 days. No you will be fine.

99-LS1-SS 10-04-2009 10:05 AM

I was told 3 to 4 days too.

lee 10-04-2009 10:08 AM

got mine done yesterday as well , ive always been told 2 to 3 days , it has something to do with the glue they said, i asked them about the window indexing and they said it would be fine

Noah 10-04-2009 10:21 AM

I think you're not supposed to roll them down all the way. The gap at the top of the window can be jacked up by the weather stripping if the window goes all the way into the door. I think that the indexing won't hurt it.

DDustiNN 10-04-2009 10:49 AM

Indexing shouldn't affect the tint. I asked about it when I got mine done, and they said they heat the top and the bottom when they put it on, so there won't be any issues.

Sir Nuke 10-04-2009 10:49 AM

its a standard practice, just don't roll them down all the way, the indexing won't hurt anything. The guy that did mine, has done EVERY camaro that has come into my dealer, he told me specifically that the indexing wasn't a problem.

SS4PK 10-04-2009 12:36 PM

ours messed up because of the window indexing. we took it back the next day and he redid the drivers window, heated the lower edge going into the door with a heat gun effectively causing the glue to dry in minutes instead of days. After that there were no issues, but yes the indexing did mess ours up.

RMGee 10-04-2009 12:39 PM

Doest anyone have pictures of a Black camaro with tinting?

Merc 10-04-2009 12:41 PM

Yes. I had 1 window that had to be re-done.

IROCanSS 10-04-2009 01:35 PM

i didnt read all responses but i asked the tinter and he said not to worry about it becasue the heat and dry that area so it wont mess up but only open the doors when absolutly nesessary. I think I opened my driver door 3 times in the 4 days. Never the pass door. No issues with mine.