Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Camaro Dealers Question (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4677)

Strider-No.9 06-19-2008 01:32 PM

Camaro Dealers Question
 
So I am of course like you getting a Camaro very soon after it's released.

I am worried about price gouging, would I be better off waiting until May or June of 08 to buy my Camaro to avoid price gouging the first few months? Or is price gouging something that will be an issue for the first year or so of release?

Also is it smart to talk to a dealership NOW and see if they will be getting the car and if they will be selling it at MSRP?

Thanks in advance.

The_Blur 06-19-2008 01:55 PM

Don't worry about pricing.

There are some rules about getting the car you want at the price you want.

1: Be stubborn. You are going to get the car you want at the price you want only if you make that your priority. If you make it a priority to be really friendly or submissive. Focus on MSRP and demand to pay only that.

2: It's all business. The salesperson gets a commission off of your sale. Every dime you pay over MSRP goes to profit.

3: Your extra money goes toward your car. When you get away with paying MSRP, the remainder can go toward a nice dual exit exhaust, intake, and some accessories.

4: Be patient. If you don't get it with this dealer, drive somewhere else. Someone will keep you close to MSRP.

No one knows whether price gouging will be an issue. Regardless, the salesperson will try to make a sale with commission. Even if no one but you wants the car, you will have to contend with the salesperson. Salespeople aren't bad people. They have to make sales to pay for their own lives, so don't hold their sales ability against them. Even if every dealer prices it below MSRP, you showing interest in the car means that the price will go up for you as a car enthusiast. Higher demand means higher price. To get a low price, be patient and stubborn. Your first dealer may or may not be the one to sell you your car at the price you're willing to pay.

VTXrider 06-19-2008 02:00 PM

There is a thread in the pricing section on dealers who have a policy of not charging over MSRP. Usually these dealers have long waiting lists but it is worth the wait if you save a few grand.

radz28 06-19-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strider-No.9 (Post 80493)
So I am of course like you getting a Camaro very soon after it's released.

I am worried about price gouging, would I be better off waiting until May or June of 08 to buy my Camaro to avoid price gouging the first few months? Or is price gouging something that will be an issue for the first year or so of release?

Also is it smart to talk to a dealership NOW and see if they will be getting the car and if they will be selling it at MSRP?

Thanks in advance.

Do you mean '09?

The_Blur 06-19-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 80509)
Do you mean '09?

You didn't know that they're already out. :D

Strider-No.9 06-19-2008 09:09 PM

I'm sorry yes, 09.

chadrcr 06-19-2008 09:35 PM

IF you were buying a 'normal' car or truck... My goal is to get about 8% below msrp, not counting any rebates from the FACTORY, which should always be separate from the negotiation with the dealer's price.
As optomistic as I am, I do not expect to get close to 8% below msrp on the Camaro,:bonk: unless I wait until December 09 or later, and then ???? :iono:
If GM allows the Camaro to be on the Military discount list, :bow:.

brantley847 06-19-2008 10:03 PM

If MSRP is reasonable (as far as my standards and opinion of the vehicle should be) then I will pay MSRP, but not a dime above...and I am not paying MSRP on their sticker..I will build the vehicle online and pull that price and will only pay the price...If I have to drive to Miami, so be it. A few years back, I went to a chevy dealership and requested a test drive of a silverado...I actually watched the salesman walk out to the vehicle and pull the sticker....I dont know about other states, but I believe that is a criminal violation.

If I can work my way below MSRP, that is just a lil present to myself...

chadrcr 06-19-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 80607)
If MSRP is reasonable (as far as my standards and opinion of the vehicle should be) then I will pay MSRP, but not a dime above...and I am not paying MSRP on their sticker..I will build the vehicle online and pull that price and will only pay the price...If I have to drive to Miami, so be it. A few years back, I went to a chevy dealership and requested a test drive of a silverado...I actually watched the salesman walk out to the vehicle and pull the sticker....I dont know about other states, but I believe that is a criminal violation.

If I can work my way below MSRP, that is just a lil present to myself...

That should be a law, if it is not. But now, we have the GM website:bow: , which allows 'us' to avoid those kinds of dealers, if we are willing to research/drive etc.
I barely beat msrp in August 2002 on my Z/28 (miss it :bonk: )
$1,000 off a $27k, so I just hope for below msrp if I buy early in 2009.

boxmonkeyracing 06-19-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadrcr (Post 80603)
If GM allows the Camaro to be on the Military discount list, :bow:.

Hopefully they'll continue the supplier pricing all the way till 2011 lol. but as of right now the supplier pricing drops sept 30th. other then that the only other military discount you normally get is $500.00. and they would give that to you. . .for sure.

Sterling 06-20-2008 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadrcr (Post 80616)
That should be a law, if it is not. But now, we have the GM website:bow: , which allows 'us' to avoid those kinds of dealers, if we are willing to research/drive etc.
I barely beat msrp in August 2002 on my Z/28 (miss it :bonk: )
$1,000 off a $27k, so I just hope for below msrp if I buy early in 2009.

It's my understanding that it is a law.

ROE 06-23-2008 08:36 PM

wonder if the camaro will be on suppiler discount list


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.