Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   FINALLY got it done 650-700hp (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47298)

jrpxxii 10-13-2009 10:12 PM

FINALLY got it done 650-700hp
 
9 Attachment(s)
It has taken a while but it is finally done for the most part.

2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM w/IOM interior
21" factory Silver/Black wheels
Black rally stripes
Black Hockey stripes
Black fade gill decals
Supercharged emblems
TVS2300 supercharger
FAST 65lb injectors
Comp Cams 220/228.581"/.588" 114LSA+3
Precison Race Components 650 lift spring kit/titanium retainers, seats and seals
Texas Speed 7.40 Chromemoly pushrod
Ported/Shimmed LS6 oil pump
160 Thermostat
N-Motion double roller LS2 timing set 4x Cam gear
ARP Camshaft bolt
Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump kit
ARH Long tube headers/no cats
Borla axle back S type mufflers
NGK Plugs
Halltech Carbon Fiber intake w/high flow MAF
Subthump 12" sub box
Subthump Amp w/amp rack
12" JL W7
MTI short shifter
Eibach front/rear bars
Eibach Pro Kit springs

Car is going to Speedys Dyno next week to get tuned and dynoed. I can't wait to see what it will put down. Heads are next on list and then add a little NOS for fun. Also waiting for gears so this car will really run as it is geared to high for running the strip. Whatever breaks will be replaced with heavy duty HP equipment.

Here are some pics for everyone. I am installing front/rear sway bars tonight and the Eibach Pro Kit to lower it some. I have the very first production Halltech Carbon Fiber intake with a extra large MAF housing to allow 20% more flow than any aftermarket intake coming next week. They just got the pieces out of the mold and will ship it out Friday to me and off to the dyno for tuning. I currently have the Hennessey intake on it until the Halltech comes. Hope everyone enjoys. It is rainy and overcast so pics are greatest but here you go.

NoStars 10-13-2009 10:25 PM

This is awesome, how much did this run you?

chevyss 10-13-2009 10:59 PM

X2

jrpxxii 10-13-2009 11:00 PM

I haven't sat down and gone through everything yet but I can tell you that I had a shop install supercharger, cam, injectors, gear set, oil pump, headers, plugs, wires, springs, retainers and etc that all goes along with engine for under $1800. I actually considered sending it to Hennessey until I looked into doing what I wanted myself. They wanted something like $8000 in labor alone to install everything. I saved thousands doing it this way and got exactly what I wanted and got to enjoy every step.

meanmike 10-13-2009 11:06 PM

Just curious why go with NOS when you could just up your boost?

jrpxxii 10-13-2009 11:13 PM

Just like the idea of having it and purging it. I am getting a different pulley to up my boost to 10-12 depending on how dyno goes.

meanmike 10-13-2009 11:26 PM

Cool!

joerod97 10-14-2009 12:38 AM

why are you going to dyno? it sounds like it is insanely FAST!!!! Nice job

jrpxxii 10-14-2009 09:21 AM

It is going on dyno to tune everything in so it will run crisp and clear all codes that need to be gone. Once you do this much to the camaro, a tune is a must as it runs rough and cuts out. When it is on the dyno, the shop can see exactly what needs to be done and make run perfectly.

chrisgalles 10-14-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 1041665)
It has taken a while but it is finally done for the most part.
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM w/IOM interior
21" factory Silver/Black wheels
Black rally stripes
Black Hockey stripes
Black fade gill decals
Supercharged emblems
TVS2300 supercharger
FAST 65lb injectors
Comp Cams 220/228.581"/.588" 114LSA+3
Precison Race Components 650 lift spring kit/titanium retainers, seats and seals
Texas Speed 7.40 Chromemoly pushrod
Ported/Shimmed LS6 oil pump
160 Thermostat
N-Motion double roller LS2 timing set 4x Cam gear
ARP Camshaft bolt
Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump kit
ARH Long tube headers/no cats
Borla axle back S type mufflers
NGK Plugs
Halltech Carbon Fiber intake w/high flow MAF
Subthump 12" sub box
Subthump Amp w/amp rack
12" JL W7
MTI short shifter
Eibach front/rear bars
Eibach Pro Kit springs
Car is going to Speedys Dyno next week to get tuned and dynoed. I can't wait to see what it will put down. Heads are next on list and then add a little NOS for fun. Also waiting for gears so this car will really run as it is geared to high for running the strip. Whatever breaks will be replaced with heavy duty HP equipment. Post pics later.

Damn that's a lot of stuff... and badass stuff at that :thumbup: :w00t: :thumbup:

anthonybyram 10-14-2009 01:45 PM

Damn, that things gonna be FAST! All you need now are wings!:thumbsup:

POWERFREAK 10-14-2009 02:15 PM

:sm0:


but wont a tune void your warranty?



:yikes: :thumbsup: sorry, I had to...looks like a badass setup, best of luck with it...video clips and pix when it's done please.:D

ace2777 10-14-2009 04:23 PM

PICS PLEASE !!!

Infern0 10-14-2009 05:42 PM

Life must be so hard when you're rich. :(

Just kidding man, that's bad @$$! Nice work.

Speed74SS 10-14-2009 07:13 PM

Looks like a great build!!! How do the ARH Headers sound with the Borla S catback? I have the Borla's and may look at adding the ARH's in the future. Congrats - sweet ride:thumbsup:

Indpowr 10-14-2009 07:23 PM

I think your photos are larger than your HP...

Nice set of mods.

Blood 10-14-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 1041873)
I haven't sat down and gone through everything yet but I can tell you that I had a shop install supercharger, cam, injectors, gear set, oil pump, headers, plugs, wires, springs, retainers and etc that all goes along with engine for under $1800. I actually considered sending it to Hennessey until I looked into doing what I wanted myself. They wanted something like $8000 in labor alone to install everything. I saved thousands doing it this way and got exactly what I wanted and got to enjoy every step.

How did you pay 1800$ for all that and a supercharger? Where did you find your charger dollar general?

ibznu2010 10-14-2009 08:45 PM

stereo
 
The stereo pics look like shee it. whats with the red showing through.

POWERFREAK 10-14-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood (Post 1046052)
How did you pay 1800$ for all that and a supercharger? Where did you find your charger dollar general?

read it again...he paid $1800 in LABOR. :rolleyes:

Blacklung27 10-14-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood (Post 1046052)
How did you pay 1800$ for all that and a supercharger? Where did you find your charger dollar general?

He said he payed 1800 for the install not the parts.:facepalm:

talwell 10-14-2009 08:51 PM

This is very similar to my setup - I am running the 3.6 pulley and producing 7# of boost. I have the cam, valvetrain upgrades, full header back exhaust, Rotofab CAI, Boost a Pump and running a fairly conservative tune.

My car puts down 604rwhp - just about 700hp crank hp. This is more than the car needs as there is no traction and it will just shred the tires.

You will love the setup - runs perfectly milds and come alive whenever you desire.

68RS 10-14-2009 09:23 PM

So are you going to run it at the track as well? You have to post your times.

thesnoopster 10-14-2009 09:35 PM

Wow impressive ... i wanna hear what it sounds like with the cam install ...good job! :thumbsup:

Ballin395 10-14-2009 09:48 PM

Any video??:D

Gore44 10-14-2009 09:58 PM

I dub thee, McNasty :headbang:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.