Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southcentral (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Oklahoma Convoy to Camaro5Fest in April (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49293)

tbarber87 10-27-2009 02:15 PM

Oklahoma Convoy to Camaro5Fest in April
 
I am a Camaro Owner in Oklahoma City, and just booked my room for Camaro Fest in Georgia. I was thinking it would be great if all the camaro owners that are planning on making the trip could all get together and make the drive as a group. . .any takers? It would be a nice road trip and great way to meet our local camaro lovers :headbang:

cybercoaster 10-27-2009 04:29 PM

I may be in! I have a lot of vacation to burn so I need to do something...and that is around my b-day.

Abygale 10-27-2009 04:43 PM

I'm just 2 hours from OKC. Any idea of when you are leaving and if you are driving straight thru or stopping somewhere?

1969Fbody 10-27-2009 05:58 PM

I want to go, but it is still too early for me to be 100% sure that I can be off. However, I would like to be in the group.

I know from experience it is much more fun when a group convoys, as I have done it several times to car events out of state or just in state. Mine (since Pontiacs are also allowed) will be pulled on a trailer, but my wife can drive one of her Camaros (probably the 2010).

Maybe I can talk my son into driving his R/T Challenger (I know, I know, it is not even GM, but the more the merrier and any car can attend)

futrocpd 10-27-2009 06:54 PM

well it depends on if the academy is in january or june of next year if i can go.

tbarber87 10-28-2009 08:22 AM

My plan is to leave the Thursday before and stop somewhere half-way (I'm thinking Memphis but not sure yet) and try to average 8 hours both days, that way I won't have to take a full week off of work :) Give me any suggestions you all have and we will get this thing put together! If you are seriously interested and planning on attending, send me a message or we can start a list on here, maybe we can get a group rate at a hotel at the half-way point if we get enough of us to go!

1969Fbody 10-28-2009 04:45 PM

That is what I was planning also. Leave Thursday morning and go somewhere close to the halfway point. I was thinking somwhere between Memphis and Birmingham (or even Birmingham). I know it is past the halfway point, but if we go to Birmingham then we could easily be at the Ga. hotel around the mid to late afternoon on Friday at the latest.

Just my thoughts. (I have not been able to confirm getting off yet.)

cybercoaster 10-28-2009 07:45 PM

I'm going to call and make my reservations in a few days. Just got hooked up with SEMA so I will be going there next week (not driving). So guess I will make it a Camaro year!

mamaro 10-28-2009 08:02 PM

That is a great idea! I'm making plans to go, so I'd love to join you.

Abygale 10-28-2009 08:44 PM

Hi guys. I was also thinking Birmingham would be a great spot to stop for Thursday night, that just leaves about 5.5 hours on Friday....plenty of time to find a car wash and get the cars cleaned up before checking into our rooms at the host hotel.

I found a hotel in Birmingham that is right on the highway, it's the Hampton Inn & Suites at 2021 Park Place. It's a 5.5 hour drive from that hotel to the host hotel in Valdosta. Here is the mapquest from the hotel in Birmingham to Valdosta:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?&1c=bir...0hill%20avenue

fonegod1 10-28-2009 09:29 PM

Oklahoma Convoy to Camaro Fest in April
 
Count us in, sounds like a great time. :happyanim::thumbup::w00t:

1320junkie 10-28-2009 09:32 PM

Count me in....oh my bad I live in Georgia...lol

fonegod1 10-28-2009 09:56 PM

Birmingham sounds like a great place to stay the night, can use some rewards points at Hampton Inn & Suites.

Abygale 10-28-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320junkie (Post 1103639)
Count me in....oh my bad I live in Georgia...lol

Junkie, you are a funny one! LOL

Guys just let me know when and where you are meeting in OKC so I can plan accordingly. I'd love to convoy with other members. :w00t:

1969Fbody 10-28-2009 10:53 PM

Hello fonegod:wave:. Have not seen you out since the show in Jenks. Glad to hear you are going. I plan on going , but not able to confirm 100% yet.

What do you think about this tbarber87(you started this thread:clap:), futrocpd, cybercoaster and Mamaro? (the Birmingham idea)

I agree if we get there during the mid-afternoon it will give us time to get the cars cleaned after the long drive before the cruise Friday evening.

1320junkie, you can move to Oklahoma, home of the Sooners.:) Thanks to you and the others for all the hard work on this.:thumbup: I know some people were complaining about the mileage, but getting there is half the fun, especially when you have a group convoy.:w00t:

1320junkie 10-28-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1969Fbody (Post 1104196)
Hello fonegod:wave:. Have not seen you out since the show in Jenks. Glad to hear you are going. I plan on going , but not able to confirm 100% yet.

What do you think about this tbarber87(you started this thread:clap:), futrocpd, cybercoaster and Mamaro? (the Birmingham idea)

I agree if we get there during the mid-afternoon it will give us time to get the cars cleaned after the long drive before the cruise Friday evening.

1320junkie, you can move to Oklahoma, home of the Sooners.:) Thanks to you and the others for all the hard work on this.:thumbup: I know some people were complaining about the mileage, but getting there is half the fun, especially when you have a group convoy.:w00t:

No problem and here is a little known secret about me. I was born at Reynolds Army Hospital at Fort Sill, Ok...My parents were officers at the time. They both got out when I was 2 months old and then moved to Atlanta Georgia:thumbsup: then when i joined the Army guess where I went to boot camp and AIT..yep Fort Sill, Ok. Then to Airborne School and Ranger School at Ft Benning, Ga. SO i guess I have ties to Oklahoma...lol...DOnt like the Sooners..Im a Bulldog!!:thumbsup:

cybercoaster 10-28-2009 11:06 PM

Birmingham sounds good to me.

cybercoaster 10-28-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320junkie (Post 1104239)
No problem and here is a little known secret about me. I was born at Reynolds Army Hospital at Fort Sill, Ok...My parents were officers at the time. They both got out when I was 2 months old and then moved to Atlanta Georgia:thumbsup: then when i joined the Army guess where I went to boot camp and AIT..yep Fort Sill, Ok. Then to Airborne School and Ranger School at Ft Benning, Ga. SO i guess I have ties to Oklahoma...lol...DOnt like the Sooners..Im a Bulldog!!:thumbsup:

So that makes you an okie! Sooner Born! I worked at Fort Sill (lived in Lawton) a long time a go. When was you there for AIT? It's changed a LOT! We drove to Mt Scott on the motorcycles last year and out on the range. Nice place to visit.

1320junkie 10-28-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybercoaster (Post 1104297)
So that makes you an okie! Sooner Born! I worked at Fort Sill (lived in Lawton) a long time a go. When was you there for AIT? It's changed a LOT! We drove to Mt Scott on the motorcycles last year and out on the range. Nice place to visit.

Bulldog..Im a UGA Grad..lol...I was in AIT in 1991

futrocpd 10-28-2009 11:23 PM

sounds good to me. now its up to the city if i can go

Ject 10-29-2009 06:33 AM

Me and Abygale are both from Wichita KS and it would be great if we could join ya all.

I want to leave Thursday (15th) and stop either Memphis or Birmingham. Birmingham will get the biggest chunk of driving out of the way the first day and give plenty of time Friday (16th) to make it to the hotel.

Keep me informed on what all comes about on this! I won't book a room @ the host hotel until probably January.

Abygale 10-29-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ject (Post 1105065)
Me and Abygale are both from Wichita KS and it would be great if we could join ya all.

I want to leave Thursday (15th) and stop either Memphis or Birmingham. Birmingham will get the biggest chunk of driving out of the way the first day and give plenty of time Friday (16th) to make it to the hotel.

Keep me informed on what all comes about on this! I won't book a room @ the host hotel until probably January.

Ject, I saw where they mentioned there are only abut 30 rooms left right now at the host hotel. They have another spill over hotel with another 50 rooms I think. Just thought you might want to know, cause come January, I'm sure the host hotel will be booked up :)

tbarber87 10-29-2009 02:29 PM

This is great guys!!! I will work on getting a meeting place se up and give you all the details ASAP and birmingham sounds like a great plan to me as well! I'll keep everyone posted. For anyone reading who hasn't commented, let me know if you plan to join us, that way I can get a decent estimate on the number

1320junkie 10-29-2009 02:46 PM

hmm maybe once you all have a time set you can hook up with the alabama folks and all come with one big group

MeagsMom 10-29-2009 03:25 PM

Count me in if I get to go! I'm in Bartlesville (an hour North of Tulsa). I went ahead and reserved a hotel room. If I don't get to go I will cancel...

Their cancellation policy is: Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on Friday, 16 April, 2010 will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 16 April, 2010, or failing to show, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.