Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - NY / NJ / PA (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Jersey spotted thread (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49685)

SirBrad 10-29-2009 01:46 PM

New Jersey spotted thread

Letís use this thread for spotted 2010 Camaroís out here in Jersey.

This morning on Route 18 East Brunswick spotted an IOM 1SS with black stripes. Pulled up closely but you were concentrating hard on the road and didnít notice me. :laugh:

Last Friday I spotted a CGM with white or SIM stripes on the Turnpike. You were also concentrating really hard and might not have seen me. :iono: I did see you get off of the Bordentown exit while I was getting gas.

Any C5 people?

Sstac 10-29-2009 04:21 PM

I havent seen any in my area in the last few days (or week)... :(

BoomerandBoozer 10-29-2009 05:07 PM

Haven't seen many, but I'm on the Turnpike from Exit 8 to Exit 14A in the early morning and the opposite going home.

So if you see a ABM heading down the Turnpike, it's probably me, of course, only if it's not raining

Spaceballone 10-29-2009 07:51 PM

just caught one

in Pennsauken on Union AVE crossing RT 130 @ 7PM IT WAs SIM

SirBrad 10-29-2009 10:16 PM

I actually ended up spotting two more tonight. 3 in one day!

Yellow one on 35 in Eatontown around 7 and about an hour later I saw a SIM on Bath Ave. in Long Branch. I've seen that SIM one a few times at that same intersection.

Now I will go a month without seeing one on the road. Seems like I see them in bunches.

marcajrfan 11-06-2009 04:46 PM

yellow with black stripe in monroe, a silver one in spotswood always heading down old stage rd,cgm/orange stripes in new egypt,red on 537 freehold

ArtfulDodger 11-06-2009 08:47 PM

Spotted a yellow with black BB stripes on Bortonlanding Rd in Moorestown this morning...

audio321 11-06-2009 09:43 PM

I always see a red one on Church Rd. in Moorestown.

Panzer VI 11-07-2009 02:06 AM

On wednesday 11/4 guy getting into 2010 yellow w/black hood stripes on nassau st in Princeton.

Darqueling 11-09-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtfulDodger (Post 1143474)
Spotted a yellow with black BB stripes on Bortonlanding Rd in Moorestown this morning...

You sure that's not me Mr. H? I do commute Borton -> Westfield -> Marter every morning at like 8ish.

ArtfulDodger 11-09-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darqueling (Post 1150319)
You sure that's not me Mr. H? I do commute Borton -> Westfield -> Marter every morning at like 8ish.

I bet it was you!!!

Dasche 11-10-2009 09:56 AM

I saw a white SS in Totowa NJ in the Daffy's/Foot Prints parking lot Saturday evening... as I drove thru the lot, I yelled "love you Camaro" as your passenger was getting in!:headbang:

Also saw a Silver SS w/black stripes on West Broadway in Paterson, posing in the Super Supermarket parking lot along side the roadway. beautiful car:thumbsup:

Also saw a Silver 1LT on Union Ave in Paterson w/the 18 inch rims. The rims actually look better in person than in photos & have a pretty huge stance too...beautiful young lady driving the 1LT too. :chevy:

So glad they're becoming more visible... finally!

tjd24 11-10-2009 10:44 AM

Since mid-October its been lonely up in NW New Jersey - haven't seen another 5th gen in my daily commute between Tranquility 517S / R80 East /206S / 202E to Basking Ridge...

I drove to Valhalla NY / Somer NY last Wednesday and didn't see one then either.

It was bound to happen as we get into the dead of Winter but so early...

BoomerandBoozer 11-11-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakGrl (Post 1155447)
Or me! :D I have seen two black ones down here. Exit 7A

do you have silver stripes? I would love to see in person, going to decide in spring what to do

BoomerandBoozer 11-11-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakGrl (Post 1155447)
Or me! :D I have seen two black ones down here. Exit 7A

MakGrl, in another thread, I noticed you bought your car at Malouf, so did I. You bought that car off the showroom didn't you (as opposed to ordering), I was in for service and saw them prepping the stripes. Then when in to pick the my car up and saw it sitting in the showroom. Wondered if anyone bought it. Good luck

SirBrad 11-11-2009 02:30 PM

A SIM one sped up and passed me on Ocean Avenue this past Sunday in Monmouth Beach.

Saw a red and black one on Broadway in Long Branch last week.

I assume everyone that has a Camaro is in touch with this site but that's obviously not the case. :D

marcajrfan 11-11-2009 07:42 PM

i bought mine at mulouf iom 1lt/rs ordered end of jan picked up mid june

BoomerandBoozer 11-12-2009 07:37 AM

Just last week, had my wife take the car in for it's first oil change, Malouf had sent a coupon for a free oil change with standard oil, but synthetic was extra. Wife called later to tell me that they put in Mobil 1, 8 quarts and it was still free, needless to say I was impressed.
I didn't think I was going to like Malouf, but I have absolutely no complaints, they delivered on everything they said they would and more.
I am surprised it took them that long to sell your car MakGrl, I picked mine up on Aug 15th and it was there, I think the stripes were put on a couple of weeks later. I know they were trying to sell for $5k over msrp, hopefully you got them down. Good Luck and hopefully I will get more time to chat with everyone at the next gathering

RPOZ27 11-12-2009 05:37 PM

Camaros Spotted.....

I travel alot all over the state and have seen the following just this week.

Central NJ

SIM 2SS/RS w/black stripes parked in a driveway in Elberon, NJ near the post office

Yellow 6cyl on RT35 in Eatontown at the Halloween store (old Fortunoffs)

IOM 2SS/RS with black stripes parked at the bowling alley in Wall Twp on RT 35. License plate reads "SINISTR".

Today saw a RJT 2SS/RS with the black 21" wheels and a temp tag on NJ Turnpike around exit 8.

South NJ

Also today saw a IOM 6cyl with no stripes but had ground effects ona flatbed on RT 73 Marlton area.

Brand new Victory Red 2SS/RS at Elkins Chevrolet on RT 73 up for grabs.

Yesterday spotted a new ZR1 Vette Charcoal in color on RT 73 Evesham.....not a camaro, but its not everyday you see a Chevy with a 120k price tag!

East Coast Supercharging 11-13-2009 04:00 PM

There are 3 in my parking lot now.. :)

tpsauer 11-17-2009 08:08 AM

My wife said she saw a yellow with black stripes (just like mine) driving by the Maplewood, NJ train station yesterday morning (November 16). Anyone here?

Darqueling 11-17-2009 11:36 AM

Just passed and waved at a Yellow (v6 I think...) with the black rally stripes on 38 and Church St. stop light in Moorestown around 11am today. Looked like it was a guy and girl in there.

SirBrad 11-22-2009 09:47 PM

Silver RS in White Street parking lot in Red Bank today afternoon. Left a card.

Silver 1LT in the parking lot of Bobby's Burger Palace at Monmouth Mall yesterday. Left a car for you as well.

The thing about those card, they don't really direct anyone to this forum. Oh well. Starting to see a lot more in Monmouth County lately.

talwell 11-22-2009 10:27 PM

We have Camaros popping up all over Staten Island now too. A few months ago there were just a few cars here - now I pass them all the time with temp plates in the window.

SirBrad 11-23-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talwell (Post 1204778)
We have Camaros popping up all over Staten Island now too. A few months ago there were just a few cars here - now I pass them all the time with temp plates in the window.

Yep, saw another one today.

Yellow SS with GFX on 18 around Exit 22.

Seems like I see one everyday now. I bet we'll really start seeing a ton next spring.