Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How do you remove the black plastic trunk panel? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497160)

camaro_uk 06-02-2017 10:10 PM

How do you remove the black plastic trunk panel?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys
I'm trying to upgrade the factory amp and need to remove the plastic panel in order to get access to the drivers side tail light area, where the factory amp is installed. Does anyone know how how this panel comes off? All the screws are off but it still seems held in there with some clips and I don't want to break anything...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike14bumblebee 06-02-2017 10:15 PM

You have to give it a tug, there are plastic plug tabs you have to pop off under the plastic. Start on one side and pull up and work your way across

camaro_uk 06-02-2017 10:21 PM

Perfect. Thanks bud. Yes needed to pull upwards from the bottom...held in by two tabs

STUNNAH 06-03-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_uk (Post 9756896)
Perfect. Thanks bud. Yes needed to pull upwards from the bottom...held in by two tabs

You got it...

christianchevell 06-03-2017 08:12 AM

You will also find in the area under the passenger side panel the rear fuse box where you could hook up a Forza three way switch for the exhaust or mild to wild..cheaper...or just pull the fuse for the NPP if you have it. Directions for the various controllers could tell you what fuse is what.

jrhagen 06-03-2017 09:09 AM

Took mine out, never put back in. Weight reduction.

ron123 06-03-2017 10:59 AM

You are getting there ... The trunk weather strip is not glued in,
just slip weather strip upwards on the rear facing edge to give clearance so the top of the plastic panel will release easy.

CamaroFred 06-03-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron123 (Post 9757354)
You are getting there ... The trunk weather strip is not glued in,
just slip weather strip upwards on the rear facing edge to give clearance so the top of the plastic panel will release easy.

Another option:
If you take out the mat and the masonite covering the battery you can pull the bottom towards the front of the car and slip the top out/in without disturbing the weatherstrip.

malibupaul 04-21-2024 02:48 PM

I unscrewed the five bolts and pulled every which way and I’m just stretching the panel. What am I doing wrong?

malibupaul 04-21-2024 04:17 PM

OMG, I really had to pull up hard to pop the clips before I could pull it out. It was also really difficult to pull the upper clip out even with a tool. What is wrong with Chevrolet! I have a 2005 Malibu with a small cutout in the truck side trim to get at the fuse box. This Camaro access is ridiculous!