Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Camaro Pricing. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5048)

shank0668 07-13-2008 11:57 AM

Camaro Pricing.
 
Hey we got cheap shoes at www. lol im just kiddidng. but the real reason i posted this was because i was wondering if gm please im begging they do release the pricing on the 22nd so will they?

Congoman775 07-13-2008 11:59 AM

i doubt it, more likey how many V8's, V6's etc.

maybe some hp numbers too.

Captain Awesome 07-13-2008 12:00 PM

I hope they have special discounts for people who order it without the front fascia/lower grill and put on their own aftermarket version.

pinkcamaro10 07-13-2008 01:34 PM

I think we will find out pricing at the end of july.

CamaroScotty 07-13-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 88675)
Hey we got cheap shoes at www. lol im just kiddidng. but the real reason i posted this was because i was wondering if gm please im begging they do release the pricing on the 22nd so will they?

You will find out as soon as I have it in my hands..... I feel like a 24/7 Dealer! The other guys CAMARO passion must end at 5PM on Saturday, and resume 9AM Monday!!!! :iono:

CatiaJockey 07-13-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 88873)
You will find out as soon as I have it in my hands..... I feel like a 24/7 Dealer! The other guys CAMARO passion must end at 5PM on Saturday, and resume 9AM Monday!!!! :iono:

You're making a great impression thats for sure. I'd love to have you as a local dealer!

Blackwolf 07-13-2008 07:42 PM

Cedarburg isn't to far from East Troy. Keep up the great work here and I may be buying/ordering my Z28 from you Scotty!!

Thanks for being here buddy!

:happy0180:

CamaroScotty 07-13-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwolf (Post 88909)
Cedarburg isn't to far from East Troy. Keep up the great work here and I may be buying/ordering my Z28 from you Scotty!!

Thanks for being here buddy!

:happy0180:

Score me some Valley tix.....We'll make you a GREAT DEAL! :bow:

stovt001 07-13-2008 09:48 PM

Captain Awesome, dude, breathe. Let it go. We got over our gas cap thing. You can get over this, I promise. But please, let it go.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect pricing on the 22nd as Scott said that pricing is pretty much one of the last things they nail down on new cars. Maybe ballpark figures, but I wouldn't expect a full pricing sheet for every trim and accessory. Of course I won't feel bad at all if I'm wrong.

drivingincamaro 07-14-2008 02:27 AM

so were can i get these air jordans? :paddle



the camaro will be similar priced to the mustang but i wouldnt know anything

454lsxss 07-14-2008 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 88957)
Score me some Valley tix.....We'll make you a GREAT DEAL! :bow:

Hah, a good enough deal to pay for a one way ticket from dallas and about 500 bucks in gas? If so, that would be a great way to break in the car so by the time I got back home I could open her up on some rustangs...:chevy:

CamaroScotty 07-14-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454lsxss (Post 89138)
Hah, a good enough deal to pay for a one way ticket from dallas and about 500 bucks in gas? If so, that would be a great way to break in the car so by the time I got back home I could open her up on some rustangs...:chevy:

One way to find out.....when that time comes! :thumbup:

UncleBenny 07-14-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454lsxss (Post 89138)
Hah, a good enough deal to pay for a one way ticket from dallas and about 500 bucks in gas? If so, that would be a great way to break in the car so by the time I got back home I could open her up on some rustangs...:chevy:

I thought that when breaking in a new engine its not a good idea to leave it at the same revs for a long time. If that's true then I'd say a long highway trip is a terrible way to break in a new car.

Txturbo 07-14-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleBenny (Post 89194)
I thought that when breaking in a new engine its not a good idea to leave it at the same revs for a long time. If that's true then I'd say a long highway trip is a terrible way to break in a new car.

For the first 500 miles I wouldn't hold it at a constant speed for a long period. Just vary the speed.....cruise at the speed limit for a while...mash the pedal and run it up 15 or 20 mph then let it coast back down. Do that at random intervals. You just need to seat the rings good before you run it full throttle very much. Hilly highway terrain would actually be good for the first 500 or so miles.

MAC 07-14-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 88971)
Captain Awesome, dude, breathe. Let it go. We got over our gas cap thing. You can get over this, I promise. But please, let it go.

I still don't fully understand why the camaro wasn't allowed the gas cap on the top. Sure it's sorta risky..but look at the Audi TT 32 Quattro.

http://www.audiworld.com/news/05/022105b/ttqs-rr.jpg

http://images.europeancarweb.com/fea...s_Cap_View.jpg

Sorry to bring this up yet again. but - someone clarify as to why the Camaro can't have one.

radz28 07-14-2008 11:20 AM

Who says you have o go the same speed the whole time? :)

Mr. Wyndham 07-14-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC (Post 89199)
I still don't fully understand why the camaro wasn't allowed the gas cap on the top. Sure it's sorta risky..but look at the Audi TT 32 Quattro.

Sorry to bring this up yet again. but - someone clarify as to why the Camaro can't have one.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...8810#post88810

The platforms are different. The pipe-routing that the Zeta Camaro needs was probably different than that of the Audi TT; effecting crash-tests. And.....how much does that car cost?;)

I'm not sure...but I think I remember reading that the cap on the concept was a fake, too....

pinkcamaro10 07-14-2008 05:32 PM

you are right, they filled it up through the trunk.

blackZbandit 07-14-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 89196)
For the first 500 miles I wouldn't hold it at a constant speed for a long period. Just vary the speed.....cruise at the speed limit for a while...mash the pedal and run it up 15 or 20 mph then let it coast back down. Do that at random intervals. You just need to seat the rings good before you run it full throttle very much. Hilly highway terrain would actually be good for the first 500 or so miles.

That's great because my daily commute it's veeeery hilly!

lafountain 07-14-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleBenny (Post 89194)
I thought that when breaking in a new engine its not a good idea to leave it at the same revs for a long time. If that's true then I'd say a long highway trip is a terrible way to break in a new car.

I know when my wife and I bought her Mazda, the dealer said drive at varying speeds for about the first 500 miles and not to use Cruise control until 1000. The varying speeds part was easy since the drive to work everyday takes me through a 25 zone, 35 zone, 65 zone, a 45 zone, and a 30 zone. Got the varying speeds part taken all care of.

scotchsride09 07-17-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454lsxss (Post 89138)
Hah, a good enough deal to pay for a one way ticket from dallas and about 500 bucks in gas? If so, that would be a great way to break in the car so by the time I got back home I could open her up on some rustangs...:chevy:

x2

(newbie btw.... but I have family in MI so if the time came, I could pop over there for a visit and then drive my new Camaro home to CA!)

:)

CamaroScotty 07-17-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454lsxss (Post 89138)
Hah, a good enough deal to pay for a one way ticket from dallas and about 500 bucks in gas? If so, that would be a great way to break in the car so by the time I got back home I could open her up on some rustangs...:chevy:

Just place the order with us, we'll ship it to your local chevy dealer for delivery. No more 500 mile drive. :w00t:

bouncertime 07-17-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotchsride09 (Post 91384)
x2

(newbie btw.... but I have family in MI so if the time came, I could pop over there for a visit and then drive my new Camaro home to CA!)

:)

Welcome to the board, good to see another member from San Diego.:wave:

Croathlete 07-17-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 91387)
Just place the order with us, we'll ship it to your local chevy dealer for delivery. No more 500 mile drive. :w00t:

This is a general question, but I guess I'll use you as an example. If we were to buy from a dealership, say in Wisconsin. What happens if we need to bring in the car for some type of warranty service? Can we bring it to any Chevy dealership? How does that work exactly?

Thanks for being a part of the community!

GOT PSI 07-17-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 91438)
This is a general question, but I guess I'll use you as an example. If we were to buy from a dealership, say in Wisconsin. What happens if we need to bring in the car for some type of warranty service? Can we bring it to any Chevy dealership? How does that work exactly?

Thanks for being a part of the community!

You can take it to any chevy dealer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.