Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help convincing my parents! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50580)

jimmys525 11-03-2009 11:17 PM

Need help convincing my parents!

I'm in the market for a car and my parents will most likley pay for the whole price of a car and i'll just pay extra for extra features.
Usually i can convince my parents to take my side if i have good points but i need help convincing my parents to get me a chevy 2010 camaro lt. I need to show them how its better than their current 2009 toyota camry le and what other cool features that would interested them. If i tell them its one of the coolest cars out there, they probably wouldn't care.

I drive about 60 miles to school and back everyday so this car should be a perfect match for me.

This is what i've come up with so far.
1. 2 more years of warranty for chevy camaro 2010
2. Side curtain airbags
3. Remote keyless entry
4. Decent fuel economy
5. Enough horsepower to navigate through the highway and local roads.

Any more pros?

My parents aren't really a big fan of the 2 doors because it must be difficult entering the rear. Is it difficult getting to the back? and how do you do so besides just folding the chair down.

Bryan2230 11-03-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmys525 (Post 1131250)
Is it difficult getting to the back? and how do you do so besides just folding the chair down.

Well, ive been told its easier to get in the back than my 94 camaro. But really, 4 adults is not going to happen. My brother sat in the passenger seat, my cousin sat in the back, and my Brother was so uncomfortable that I dont think he is gonna allow me to drive again with the 3 of us (he has a G8 GT, 4 doors, biggest back seat ive ever seen).

The passenger seat has a release (? I dont know ?) lever that allows the seat to go forward. Then you fold the seat down.

As for pros over a Camry, I guess you could try to use Onstar as a pro.

jimmys525 11-03-2009 11:50 PM

yeah that's what i thought about how to get into the back. i just don't want to get footprints on the back of the front seat.
but anyways isn't the onstar just the first year?
and at this rate i guess i won't have a good argument for the camaro

CLEAN 11-03-2009 11:59 PM

I was once like you, but really, the best thing for you to do is be thankful for whatever they're willing to do for you and not to resort to any convincing or arm twisting. Finish school, get a job, and buy the car you really want then.

JohnInSoCal 11-04-2009 12:22 AM

tell them 400+ HP and the 1/4 drag times, SS comes with summer tires which are perfect for AZ, car has a built in governor to limit you to 155 MPH for extra safety, car takes well to adding superchargers and headers.

Seriously though the back seats are small kids only at best for short trips, not for adults. If your parents are pushing a camry in comparison to a camaro there really isn't much comparison here from their perspective. Be happy they will foot the bill for a brand new car and keep care of it and in a few years you can trade it in for a Z28.

MikeL 11-04-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEAN (Post 1131331)
I was once like you, but really, the best thing for you to do is be thankful for whatever they're willing to do for you and not to resort to any convincing or arm twisting. Finish school, get a job, and buy the car you really want then.

But.. but the world ends in 2012! He doesn't have time for that!

01pewterz28 11-04-2009 07:00 AM

Tell them the # 1 reason whey you should have this car is BUY American none of this import Crap :D

BTW 32.4mpg is the average I am getting in my 2010 2LT/RS :)

Sean

CamaroFemme 11-04-2009 07:09 AM

For a 6'1" driver to sit comfortably, whoever is right behind him better be a child. Someone won't be comfy.

Besides, your parents are buying this car, and you want to have a newer car than them? Yike.

shad2009 11-04-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnInSoCal (Post 1131377)
tell them 400+ HP and the 1/4 drag times, SS comes with summer tires which are perfect for AZ, car has a built in governor to limit you to 155 MPH for extra safety, car takes well to adding superchargers and headers.

Seriously though the back seats are small kids only at best for short trips, not for adults. If your parents are pushing a camry in comparison to a camaro there really isn't much comparison here from their perspective. Be happy they will foot the bill for a brand new car and keep care of it and in a few years you can trade it in for a Z28.

he's not getting an SS...and i don't think telling them that the car is crazy fast is gonna make things better lol...just sit them down and tell them that it's spacious in the front and still gives you alot of protection...it has a feature on the car that lets you set a speed limit so wen you go over that, it lets you kno(bet toyota doesnt have that) and the big point is that youu can get 30+ mpg, and just explain all your other points, go on the chevy website and it will have all the info/dimensions on the site...good luck with wutever you get...i wish my parents wuld buy my car, cuz they're ok with me gettin it, i just gotta pay:cry: lol

coolman 11-04-2009 07:15 AM

Tell them that in the camaro you don't have to worry about the gas pedal sticking and killing you like in the toyota.

shad2009 11-04-2009 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroFemme (Post 1131621)
Besides, your parents are buying this car, and you want to have a newer car than them? Yike.

thats exactly how my stepdad is lol, wen i first brought up the idea of gettin the camaro, my mom was ok with it, but wen we briught it up 2 him, he just sed no, and his only point was because i'm gonna get pulled over all the time, and tht those kind ok cars were for ppl who wanna show off...i was like wow!!!...my own fam, jealous of me wantin a newer car...smh:facepalm:

tradosaurus 11-04-2009 07:17 AM

Please give me your parents phone number so I can convince them to get you a Honda Civic with at least 100,000 miles on it. :laugh:

Ricer is much nicer.

coolman 11-04-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradosaurus (Post 1131635)
Please give me your parents phone number so I can convince them to get you a Honda Civic with at least 100,000 miles on it. :paddle:

That way you will be motivated to finish school and get a job to afford the Camaro of your dreams. :drool:

If you were my son and tried to convince me that the 2009 Toyota is not good enough I would sell if from under you and make you ride a bike. ;)

If he was my son he wouldn't have to worry about driving any toyota crap or honda for that matter.

tyler20c 11-04-2009 08:20 AM

make them feel bad for you. tell them you have trouble getting girls and you need a camaro to do so.