Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Chassis / Brakes (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Drag Racing Suspension Kits (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51573)

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-10-2009 09:31 PM

Drag Racing Suspension Kits

Pedders has developed suspension kits for the drag racer in mind. Here are some of them:

PEDDERS CAMARO BASIC DRAG BUSHING PACKAGE
Merlin Store P/N is CAMAROBASICDRAG
10/5/2009 The Zeta II CAMARO Platform Is an excellent beginning suspension package that can be greatly improved with the magic that Pedders has to offer. Wheel hop is an issue for the G8. There will be 3 levels of Pedders Drag Packages to meet the needs of the occassional user to the hard core user. This is Level 1, our basic package

Part # Pedders Compnent Price
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT $449.03
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $138.36
EP6578 CAMARO Front Radius Rod STIFFENING SNUBBERS (new) $75.99
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $210.00
PEDDERS CAMARO BASIC DRAG BUSHING PACKAGE PARTS TOTAL $873.38
Menu System Discount $223.39

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $649.99

PEDDERS CAMARO DRAG BUSHING KIT #2
Merlin Store P/N is CAMARODRAGKIT2
10/5/2009 This kit is designed to strengthen up the back end by replacing all the bushings in the rear and increase front positive caster. The strength of this drag package is to pass on torque, and seriously reduce wheel hop, and improve the 60 feet times. There will be 3 levels of Pedders Drag Packages to meet the needs of the occassional user to the hard core user. This is Level 2

Part # Pedders Compnent Price
EP6578 CAMARO Front Radius Rod STIFFENING SNUBBERS (new) $75.99
EP7322 Camaro Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. Possibly being updated $96.20
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner $96.20
EP7323 Zeta Camaro Rear Toe, and trailing arm links in and out. $96.20
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $210.00

PEDDERS CAMARO DRAG BUSHING KIT #2 PARTS TOTAL $1,450.58
Menu System Discount $350.59

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $1,099.99

10/5/2009 PEDDERS CAMARO EXTREME DRAG PACKAGE
Merlin Store P/N is CAMAROEXTDRAG
This package is for the CAMARO owner who uses his CAMARO primarily for Drag Racing. They will be able to use it on the street as well, but the handling through the twisties may be reduced There will be 3 levels of Pedders Drag Packages to meet the needs of the occassional user to the hard core user. This is Level 3, our extreme package

P/N PEDDERS PARTS DESCRIPTION PRICE
220032 "Camaro 2009 Front drop Coils & Ride Height with 20"" Wheels at 667mm
" $89.62
220032 "Camaro 2009 Front drop Coils & Ride Height with 20"" Wheels at 667mm
" $89.62
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing $198.59
EP7322 Camaro Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. Possibly being updated $96.20

PEDDERS CAMARO EXTREME DRAG PACKAGE PARTS TOTAL $1,778.67
Menu System Discount $378.68

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $1,399.99

PEDDERS CAMARO EXTREME XA DRAG PACKAGE
Merlin Store P/N is CAMARO EXTXADRAG
10/5/2009 This package is for the CAMARO owner who uses his CAMARO primarily for Drag Racing. They will be able to use it on the street as well, but the handling through the twisties may be reduced There will be 4 levels of Pedders Drag Packages to meet the needs of the occassional user to the hard core user. This is Level 4,iT ADDS OUR ExTREME xa KIT to Level 3

P/N PEDDERS PARTS DESCRIPTION PRICE
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders with 8kg/mm Front and 10kg/mm Rear Coil Rates $1,449.99
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing $198.59

PEDDERS CAMARO EXTREME XA DRAG PACKAGE PARTS TOTAL $3,049.42
Menu System Discount $(649.43)

Menu System Discount Adjusted Parts Total $2,399.99

All of these kits are designed to assist you in traction and reducing wheel hop. If ytou have any questiions, just ask.

thanks,

mike
dms

N.H.SS 11-24-2009 08:57 PM

Any test results to back up these kits?

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-24-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.H.SS (Post 1213041)
Any test results to back up these kits?

W have done a very serious amount of testing on the back end. We even sent an entire sub frame assembly to our engineers in Au. This cost a ridiculous amount of money, but when you are Au. based, you deal with it. We have all the engineering data on the rear end, which for drag racing, is the most important area. We know what moves and what does not. We know what the torque limitations are of every component.

When you launch, especially with drag radials, there is an emense amount of stress on all of the components. Our drag bushing kits exceed the what you can do.

We have tested our Pedders Camaro for track use. We will find an agressive drag racer to confirm what we know. We do know the value of the actual test and run.

We will search for a candidate for to show our performance.

thanks
mike
dms

jrpxxii 11-24-2009 09:52 PM

If you need a candidate, I am perfect for your needs. I actually have a pretty extreme build towards drag setup and will be doing entire rear end this winter and complete driveline components as well. Engine will be putting down 850hp+ to the rear wheels when we are done and will be focused on getting it hooked to the track. Your packages look very well thought out and Pedders name alone speaks for the quality and time tested performance. Will be in touch about ordering a package very soon.

N.H.SS 11-25-2009 03:45 PM

Thanks for getting back to me, Mike. I am interested in your #2 package for my car. Would really like to see some 60' #'s, before and after. Since my car is already in storage, i'm relying on Camaro5 members to sort out the mods I want to order this coming spring. So keep the sight informed for us.

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-25-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.H.SS (Post 1215709)
Thanks for getting back to me, Mike. I am interested in your #2 package for my car. Would really like to see some 60' #'s, before and after. Since my car is already in storage, i'm relying on Camaro5 members to sort out the mods I want to order this coming spring. So keep the sight informed for us.

I will be getting together to chat with Pete on a number of special projects, one of which is the development of our drag packages. I can tell you we have been working on something seriously cool for those that are drag guys and will not be road racing. Cannot discuss it yet, but will put us on the map in the drag race community.

I would like to get several guys across this country to do some testing for us. It will need to be someone who is seriously active and drag racing is a passion. Do not want a drag only car that is not streetable. Will work with someone who has this, but the ones that I want to test for us is a drive there, make some runs, then drive home guys. Pete's Camaro is not set up for a drag car. It is not his thing. So we will do something.

mike
dms

jrpxxii 11-25-2009 07:26 PM

I would love to test for you as I stated earlier I am setting car up more towards track but also is a daily street car that is already well known around KY area. I will be setup for 900hp+ to rear wheels when spring arrives. My local track is Beech Bend Raceway and is known nationally for it's facility. Let me know if you would be interested in my car for testing.

N.H.SS 11-26-2009 07:16 PM

This new project you are talking about sounds interesting. This is how I plan on setting up mine. I wish I could volunteer to help you with your product but my drag season is very short and the track doesn't open til May 1. I want to be able to drive to the track, bolt on some stickies, race, unbolt, and go home with the cash. All my mods will be aimed at this goal. This will be my first independent rear car so i'm a little lost. Just looking at whats under the car it seems the package #2 is a good start. Like most bracket racers wil tell you, consistent suspension on inconsistent track conditions will win rounds.

Raven02TA 11-26-2009 07:23 PM

i see lots of broken rear ends in the near future:upset:

N.H.SS 11-26-2009 07:32 PM

The way this suspension wheelhops at the track now, it will break rearends without any mods.

Raven02TA 11-26-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.H.SS (Post 1219214)
The way this suspension wheelhops at the track now, it will break rearends without any mods.

true... but when you get traction.....BOOM.... :facepalm:

jrpxxii 11-26-2009 10:03 PM

Anyone doing mods to this car MUST address the driveline components and rear end or it is pointless. My setup will have new driveshaft with front/rear safety loops, axles/cv up to hold over 1000hp and everything stated in option2 and more. I have already done springs and sway bars so option 2 covers alot of my needs. Some drag wheel and tires and whhheeee away I go. Also got the line lock kit as well. Next I will be focused on getting weight out of this car without changing the stock look. I love having a car that looks stock and has 900hp+ ready to let loose at anytime. Part of drag racing is breaking parts and finding out what works and what doesn't but this is the sport and fixing broken parts is part of the enjoyment as twisted as this sounds.

N.H.SS 11-27-2009 02:24 PM

jrpxxii, you make any passes at the track yet? Do you think the IRS will be capable of the HP you have in mind? Consistency?

jrpxxii 11-28-2009 09:46 PM

I just ordered the option 2 Pedder drag kit and already have drop springs installed with sway bars. I also have every other rear end component ordered for replacement as well. Axles/CV, toe rod, trailing arms, tunnel brace, subframe connector and driveshaft being replaced. Motor mounts are being replaced and I will be running 16" wheels with drag radials. After all of this I will then try to dial it in to hook at track. This is going to take time and patience to get it right but this is a good start. I have had it at the track a couple times but am running stock 21" wheel/tires and 1-3 gear is useless as it spins no matter what. Best I have done is 12.00 and trap speed was 126mph so there is alot in this car when it hooks and this is with the 627hp I have now. After the engine is rebuilt this winter and all of these items are installed it will be a beast at the track as it will be putting down around 900hp when it is unleashed.

boostedyards86 11-29-2009 08:44 AM

i am intrigued by your build. seeing that i'm ahead of you already but we are both addressing driveline and motor builds over the winter. i wish you luck.

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-29-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 1224792)
I just ordered the option 2 Pedder drag kit and already have drop springs installed with sway bars. I also have every other rear end component ordered for replacement as well. Axles/CV, toe rod, trailing arms, tunnel brace, subframe connector and driveshaft being replaced. Motor mounts are being replaced and I will be running 16" wheels with drag radials. After all of this I will then try to dial it in to hook at track. This is going to take time and patience to get it right but this is a good start. I have had it at the track a couple times but am running stock 21" wheel/tires and 1-3 gear is useless as it spins no matter what. Best I have done is 12.00 and trap speed was 126mph so there is alot in this car when it hooks and this is with the 627hp I have now. After the engine is rebuilt this winter and all of these items are installed it will be a beast at the track as it will be putting down around 900hp when it is unleashed.

Here is the Camaro Drag Kit 2.

It focuses on all of the bushings in the rear, and using our HD versions. It will also include our alignment package, which will give you the opportunity to add front caster for more hight speed stability, but most importantly, get you to a better rear camber for a more optimum footprint.

Part # Pedders Compnent
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT
EP6578 CAMARO Front Radius Rod STIFFENING SNUBBERS (new)
EP7322 Camaro Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. Might ship with a different p/n.
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner
EP7323 Zeta Camaro Rear Toe, and trailing arm links in and out.
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS

thanks
mike
dms

jrpxxii 11-29-2009 02:55 PM

Boostedyards86, what are you planning for your motor? How many hp to the wheels are you showing now? What is your end goal? Would like more specifics about your build as it seems we are heading down the same path. I already have long block completed and am putting down 627 to the wheels right now and am doing a 418ci forged bottom end this winter and should put me at 900hp or better with the ZEX kit. I will have everything done by Spring and ready to get it on track for some numbers and setups. What are you doing with fuel system? How do you like the Spec clutch as I am researching what I want and will be installing it as well.

Info@PeddersUSA.com 11-29-2009 05:33 PM

Guys, one thing to consider on the fuel system is to upgrade the fuel bucket. Maybe it is related to lateral g's. But the Pedders Camaro pulls 1.4gs thru tje twisties, and we are dropping fuel pressure quite a bit due to fuel slosh and starvation. We have to let up a little so we do not do any harm to the motor. Do not think anyone yet has actually fixed this concern. Not sure if the same affect will occur going straight. Just a heads up. If you guys are putting down 900hp at the rear, I will assume you are using a forced induction system of some kind

thanks
mike
dms

jrpxxii 11-29-2009 05:41 PM

Yes, superchargers are installed alon with every other motor mod available. I personally have a boost a pump hooked up and running 65lb injectors but by Spring will be upgrading fuel pump as there should be some high hp models available by then. I am also considering installing a fuel cell to eliminate this exact scenario.

N.H.SS 11-29-2009 07:23 PM

Mike, do you have a pic of the Drag Kit #2? Just curious about what the arms look like.

markssylver 11-30-2009 09:58 PM

im interested in the basic drag bush kit and looking for someonewith it in stock

N.H.SS 02-17-2010 09:20 PM

Mike@DMS,
Any results for these kits yet?

Info@PeddersUSA.com 02-19-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.H.SS (Post 1493892)
Mike@DMS,
Any results for these kits yet?

TOO COLD ALL OVER THE COUNTRY.

MIKE
DMS

Info@PeddersUSA.com 02-20-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1320junkie (Post 1498204)
lol we've been ripping the 1320 in GA for the past two weeks...lol c;mon on down a few months earlier than the fest

Well unfortunately our corporate office is in upper Michigan which is where we have done most of our testing. I am afraid about the only "ripping" going on up there are snowmobiles.LOL

,mike
dms

flyby 02-21-2010 01:44 PM

Mike, I'm interested in package #2. Do you know anyone around here competent enough to install (north central NJ east Pa), any idea of about how much and if someone highly mechanical but never done this before could do by themself