Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NHRA STOCK - SUPER STOCK (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51857)

SS/GA 11-12-2009 03:36 PM

NHRA STOCK - SUPER STOCK

Anybody out here building a NEW Camaro Stocker or Super Stocker yet?

I'm thinking MPR Race Cars in Michigan (Mike Pustelny) or
B&B Race Cars in Tenn. would be the first shops to start on one or two or...

Just curious?

chevy454 11-12-2009 03:49 PM

I talked to NHRA a couple weeks ago, and they still had no idea how they were gonna factor the '10 Camaro...the guys I've talked to are waiting on Glendora before they do anything.

Timberline 11-12-2009 03:57 PM

I have heard that a couple are in the works but for the life of me I can't remember who they are.
I would love to buy a body in white to build a stocker.

SS/GA 11-12-2009 04:36 PM

New Stocker Camaro -
I've been told that NHRA has already accepted as Legal modification in 'Stock Eliminator', the full replacement / elimination of the 2010 Camaro o.e.m. rear suspension to a more common (previously Super Stock only)
4 Link design... as long as you keep & use the original o.e.m. attachment points on the sub frames / chassis.

This is causing some racers with "Old" body styles to be upset, because the rules as currently written don't allow that in modification to be installed into the "Older" body styles.

New Super Stock Camaro -
Have at it, change what you want, ie; tubs, 4link, etc, etc, just like any super stock car for the past 15 - 20 years.

MPR & B&B both do real nice work...
I can't wait to see what they will turn out!!

SS/GA

nhra stocker 11-12-2009 07:16 PM

The camaro is at such a disadvantage running against the freakin cheater cobra jets that are so under rated its pathtic! Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the cobra jet run the same engine as the gt-500 thats rated 540 hp and NHRA rates it at 425? I also heard a AA ran in the 9.40s and an A ran in the 9.60s! NHRA is letting them do what ever they want! Im not sure what class the camaro will fit in but its got to be A or B dont you think?

Matt TuneTime 11-13-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhra stocker (Post 1166354)
The camaro is at such a disadvantage running against the freakin cheater cobra jets that are so under rated its pathtic! Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the cobra jet run the same engine as the gt-500 thats rated 540 hp and NHRA rates it at 425? I also heard a AA ran in the 9.40s and an A ran in the 9.60s! NHRA is letting them do what ever they want! Im not sure what class the camaro will fit in but its got to be A or B dont you think?

Right 540 with eaton but 425 with whipple ... 3.4 liter vs. factory 2.1, 210 cubic inch vs. 140 cubic inch Eaton TVS .mono-blade throttle body for nearly 1900cfm capability... and it lost 115 hp ? :facepalm: and GM at best will have a LSA rated @500+ ... with a 119 cubic inch unit .

nhra stocker 03-04-2010 09:32 PM

Still no new Camaros running NHRA stock class! I was told that GM hasnt released the specs to NHRA to put them in the classification guide??? The Mustang Cobra jets are destroying A and AA classes while sand bagging. Dodge has Big Daddy Don Garlitis (ex top fuel driver) and Jeg Coffman (pro stock driver) running the Challenger. While Chevrolet sits back and does NOTHING!!! Yeah i know they cant afford too. Just venting!