Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Possibility of Camaro production announcement before Oct. 31 SEMA show (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52)

Tran 07-12-2006 01:45 PM

Possibility of Camaro production announcement before Oct. 31 SEMA show
 
Detroit News thinks that it's a possibility that Chevrolet will make an announcement regarding production go-ahead of the new Camaro prior to the October 31 start of the SEMA show. In an rare move, all three of the Detroit-area car companies -- Ford Motor Co., General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler's Chrysler Group -- will share the limelight as SEMA's Vehicle Manufacturers of the Show. For 15 of the last 16 years, this designation was rotated among the three large domestic automakers -- one having it one year, followed by another and then the third company.

Will GM allow itself to be the only one of the three companies to display their muscle car in concept form without having officially announced its production? We certainly hope not.

BlacLac02 07-12-2006 02:20 PM

hopefully they say something soon. i want to get my order placed for one and know that im getting one of the first.

matthewmiller01 07-12-2006 03:21 PM

I have never ordered a vehicle. :confused: What sort of process is it? Do you just go to the dealer and tell them what you want and wait? Must you pay for it, or place a downpayment/deposit down on it? Please educate me... Thanks in advance.

BlacLac02 07-13-2006 06:16 AM

yeah whenever you want to order a vehicle, you go in and tell them you want to custom order one. even if theyhave some on the lot you tell them exactly wat you want and what you want on it and they will take a down payment on it or you could pay it all. then they call you when it comes in.

Moose 07-13-2006 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewmiller01
I have never ordered a vehicle. :confused: What sort of process is it? Do you just go to the dealer and tell them what you want and wait? Must you pay for it, or place a downpayment/deposit down on it? Please educate me... Thanks in advance.

I ordered my SS. I went to the dealer and the salesman I've dealt with previously, and just "spec'd" out exactly what I wanted. I gave him a deposit, and waited for the cars arrival. :)

At the time I ordered my SS, there weren't any sitting on lots. I only bring this up because there's the possibility that they might try and talk you into buying the car sitting on the lot, rather than having you order one.

When and if the new Camaro becomes available, I'll be visitng the dealer to special order mine. ;)

frdm_fighter 07-13-2006 07:33 AM

Price
 
Does anyone know what the new Camaro is going to cost. and has there been any more talk about different motor options....ie(LS2, 350, others)?

Thanks

matthewmiller01 07-13-2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
I ordered my SS. I went to the dealer and the salesman I've dealt with previously, and just "spec'd" out exactly what I wanted. I gave him a deposit, and waited for the cars arrival. :)

At the time I ordered my SS, there weren't any sitting on lots. I only bring this up because there's the possibility that they might try and talk you into buying the car sitting on the lot, rather than having you order one.

When and if the new Camaro becomes available, I'll be visitng the dealer to special order mine. ;)



And the downpayment amount is jsut set by the dealership or some standard amount everywhere? Thanks for the info.

BlacLac02 07-14-2006 06:16 AM

i heard itssupposed to be the same as when they stoped makingthem. around 21000.00 for the v6 and 26- 32000.00 for the v8. whatever model they plan on making.


you can put however much you want down when you order a car. some places might want 500 down and the rest when it comes in and some might want 5% down

matthewmiller01 07-14-2006 02:55 PM

Thanks blac...

returnofthereal 07-15-2006 12:17 PM

My concern is if they cant get these things on the ground fast enough how much over msrp are we going to have to pay to get them early in the production?

matthewmiller01 07-16-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by returnofthereal
My concern is if they cant get these things on the ground fast enough how much over msrp are we going to have to pay to get them early in the production?


I agree... I wonder how much mark up they are going to try to get out of us.

LouT 07-16-2006 02:29 PM

I want this car obviously, and i'm willing to put money down for it now without thinking twice. But I would never pay any markup for the car, to me thats just stupid. And thats why Im not putting down a deposit yet because I worry the dealer will call me in a year from now and say "sure you can have the car now for 1000$ more then the msrp". Waste of my time and money.

MarkLS2 07-16-2006 03:59 PM

Theres always bad seeds out there, but the majority of dealers will be selling these cars at msrp for sure, regardless of this being a hot car, the dealer networks are hurting for sales right now.

BlacLac02 07-17-2006 07:49 AM

i know alot of people at about 3 chevy dealers where im from so im not too concerned about paying anything over msrp


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.