Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GM Performance Accessories? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5236)

PA FAST 07-21-2008 10:24 AM

GM Performance Accessories?

Just wondering if GM will offer any accessories that improve the performance and/or driveability of the Camaro? Tried the search, but I didn't find what I was looking for. It might be a little to early to ask this question, so speculation is also welcomed.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 10:35 AM

I asked Fbodfather about accessories in a pm. I haven't asked permission to post it here, so instead I'll simply paraphrase. Basically, he said that they are working on a lot of accessories, and some will be approved for production and some will not. I have a feeling the performance parts will be the same way.
- Xanthos

PA FAST 07-21-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 94158)
I asked Fbodfather about accessories in a pm. I haven't asked permission to post it here, so instead I'm simply paraphrase. Basically, he said that they are working on a lot of accessories, and some will be approved for production and some will not. I have a feeling the performance parts will be the same way.
- Xanthos

Oh good, thanks for the heads up. Any speculations?

The_Blur 07-21-2008 10:48 AM

Expect an intake, a performance and touring exhaust, some sort or interior trim package, a front end cover, a car cover, alternative rims, window and front end bug deflectors, stripe and sticker packages (possibly offered by Chevrolet, not GMPP), a different spoiler, a center console desk-like organizer and arm rest, possibly stage kits or a supercharger kit (no guarantees), and a ground effects kit. This is what GMPP will offer for many cars.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94163)
Expect an intake, a performance and touring exhaust, some sort or interior trim package, a front end cover, a car cover, alternative rims, window and front end bug deflectors, stripe and sticker packages (possibly offered by Chevrolet, not GMPP), a different spoiler, a center console desk-like organizer and arm rest, possibly stage kits or a supercharger kit (no guarantees), and a ground effects kit. This is what GMPP will offer for many cars.

I concur. Personally, I'm hoping for the gfx kit from the accesories photos - exhaust tips and all. Baring that, I'd settle for just the front lip from the photos =D. Also, I want a metal filler door like in the photos, but I want mine to be powdercoated/painted black.
- Xanthos

Txturbo 07-21-2008 11:17 AM

I will be making decals/striping kits for the new Camaro.

PA FAST 07-21-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94163)

Awesome, thats what I wanted to hear. A Supercharger? I didn't expect that, even the possibility has me intrigued. I guess the Supercharger would be for the SS V8 engine. How much you think that would go for installed if offered?

The_Blur 07-21-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA FAST (Post 94252)
Awesome, thats what I wanted to hear. A Supercharger? I didn't expect that, even the possibility has me intrigued. I guess the Supercharger would be for the SS V8 engine. How much you think that would go for installed if offered?

I only said that because the old Cavalier had a supercharger kit for the 2.2L. No, it was not for the Cobalt. Also, the Mustang has a supercharger kit, so I think Chevrolet should do it, too. Unfortunately, Chevrolet stopped asking for my opinion when they heard my proposal to make a nuclear reactor Camaro.

theholycow 07-21-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94254)
nuclear reactor Camaro.

Alternative fuels FTW!

PA FAST 07-21-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94254)
I only said that because the old Cavalier had a supercharger kit for the 2.2L. No, it was not for the Cobalt. Also, the Mustang has a supercharger kit, so I think Chevrolet should do it, too. Unfortunately, Chevrolet stopped asking for my opinion when they heard my proposal to make a nuclear reactor Camaro.

Oh, hopefully Chevy will offer the Supercharger to compete with the Mustang. The Z/28 is nice but I worry how expensive it will be, a SS with Supercharger will probably be plenty for me. A nuclear reactor Camaro sounds cool, but probably too nose heavy. ;)

The_Blur 07-21-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 94264)
Alternative fuels FTW!

They said it wouldn't have the right exhaust note.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 02:22 PM

And the emissions would poison the environment. But imagine the horsepower output!
- Xanthos

PA FAST 07-21-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 94418)
And the emissions would poison the environment. But imagine the horsepower output!
- Xanthos

Thats just too bad, nothing gets in the way of horsepower. :mad0260:

Txturbo 07-21-2008 04:15 PM

Accessories
The new Camaro is complemented by a wide range of available dealer-installed accessories that allows customers to create a more personal car. From convenience features to appearance and performance upgrades - including 21-inch wheels4 - the accessories include the following:

Interior trim kit - a four-piece kit offered in different colors
Interior accessories - items include premium, "Camaro"-embroidered floor mats, sill plates and more
Exterior detailing accessories - a variety of components are offered, from grille inserts and fuel doors to a High Rear Wing and Lower Ground Effects Package
Stripes - heritage-inspired stripes are offered in RS style for the hood or "hockey stick" style side design
Engine covers - available in five colors for the V6 and V8 engines
Wheels - split-five-spoke 21-inch wheels are offered in black metallic and polished finishes
Performance parts - numerous performance-enhancing components, including a tuned air intake, cat-back exhaust system, a Hurst short-throw shifter as well as more traditional GM Performance Parts.

PA FAST 07-21-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 94712)
Accessories
The new Camaro is complemented by a wide range of available dealer-installed accessories that allows customers to create a more personal car. From convenience features to appearance and performance upgrades - including 21-inch wheels4 - the accessories include the following:

Interior trim kit - a four-piece kit offered in different colors
Interior accessories - items include premium, "Camaro"-embroidered floor mats, sill plates and more
Exterior detailing accessories - a variety of components are offered, from grille inserts and fuel doors to a High Rear Wing and Lower Ground Effects Package
Stripes - heritage-inspired stripes are offered in RS style for the hood or "hockey stick" style side design
Engine covers - available in five colors for the V6 and V8 engines
Wheels - split-five-spoke 21-inch wheels are offered in black metallic and polished finishes
Performance parts - numerous performance-enhancing components, including a tuned air intake, cat-back exhaust system, a Hurst short-throw shifter as well as more traditional GM Performance Parts.

Nice.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

:happyanim:
- Xanthos

shadowed_Stranger 07-21-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA FAST (Post 94533)
Thats just too bad, nothing gets in the way of horsepower. :mad0260:

al gore would not approve of that statement :sm0:

PA FAST 07-21-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowed_Stranger (Post 95228)
al gore would not approve of that statement :sm0:

Yea I better watch out he might shut down the internet.:sm0:

shadowed_Stranger 07-21-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA FAST (Post 95248)
Yea I better watch out he might shut down the internet.:sm0:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...heInternet.jpg

first off it is the internetS
it is a series of tubes :sm0:

http://napsterization.org/stories/ar...SPinternet.jpg

PA FAST 07-22-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowed_Stranger (Post 95680)

LOL, got to love South Park. :D

Xanthos 07-22-2008 11:08 PM

:threadjacked:?
I still want to know if the short throw shifter will be available for the Aisin - I may actually consider buying it if it is.
- Xanthos

jamesc1123 07-31-2008 03:56 AM

Good news in here, not that it's groundbreaking, but looking at the GMPP catalog for 2008 it seems that they are working to have a lot of parts and accessories ready for us. To quote the catalog "As for our involvement, we can tell you that there are Camaro enthusiasts from several divisions of General Motors that are working on special editions, handling kits, engine
parts, accessories, and general hot rod parts that should help you keep the wrenches flying for months after your purchase."
So now do I drop an LS7 in the SS or the base model?

PA FAST 07-31-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesc1123 (Post 103985)
Good news in here, not that it's groundbreaking, but looking at the GMPP catalog for 2008 it seems that they are working to have a lot of parts and accessories ready for us. To quote the catalog "As for our involvement, we can tell you that there are Camaro enthusiasts from several divisions of General Motors that are working on special editions, handling kits, engine
parts, accessories, and general hot rod parts that should help you keep the wrenches flying for months after your purchase."
So now do I drop an LS7 in the SS or the base model?

Can you please give me a link?

jamesc1123 07-31-2008 01:06 PM

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/_r...talog_2008.pdf

It's 33.8 MB, there's just a tid bit on the Camaro, but there should be plenty to apply to the LS3 in there.

Speedy1975 07-31-2008 02:22 PM

So, can someone educate me on GMPP? Do they keep the warranty and all that good stuff? I haven't owned a GM vehicle in 15 years.