Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GM Performance Accessories? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5236)

PA FAST 07-21-2008 11:24 AM

GM Performance Accessories?
 
Just wondering if GM will offer any accessories that improve the performance and/or driveability of the Camaro? Tried the search, but I didn't find what I was looking for. It might be a little to early to ask this question, so speculation is also welcomed.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 11:35 AM

I asked Fbodfather about accessories in a pm. I haven't asked permission to post it here, so instead I'll simply paraphrase. Basically, he said that they are working on a lot of accessories, and some will be approved for production and some will not. I have a feeling the performance parts will be the same way.
- Xanthos

PA FAST 07-21-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 94158)
I asked Fbodfather about accessories in a pm. I haven't asked permission to post it here, so instead I'm simply paraphrase. Basically, he said that they are working on a lot of accessories, and some will be approved for production and some will not. I have a feeling the performance parts will be the same way.
- Xanthos

Oh good, thanks for the heads up. Any speculations?

The_Blur 07-21-2008 11:48 AM

Expect an intake, a performance and touring exhaust, some sort or interior trim package, a front end cover, a car cover, alternative rims, window and front end bug deflectors, stripe and sticker packages (possibly offered by Chevrolet, not GMPP), a different spoiler, a center console desk-like organizer and arm rest, possibly stage kits or a supercharger kit (no guarantees), and a ground effects kit. This is what GMPP will offer for many cars.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94163)
Expect an intake, a performance and touring exhaust, some sort or interior trim package, a front end cover, a car cover, alternative rims, window and front end bug deflectors, stripe and sticker packages (possibly offered by Chevrolet, not GMPP), a different spoiler, a center console desk-like organizer and arm rest, possibly stage kits or a supercharger kit (no guarantees), and a ground effects kit. This is what GMPP will offer for many cars.

I concur. Personally, I'm hoping for the gfx kit from the accesories photos - exhaust tips and all. Baring that, I'd settle for just the front lip from the photos =D. Also, I want a metal filler door like in the photos, but I want mine to be powdercoated/painted black.
- Xanthos

Txturbo 07-21-2008 12:17 PM

I will be making decals/striping kits for the new Camaro.

PA FAST 07-21-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94163)
Expect an intake, a performance and touring exhaust, some sort or interior trim package, a front end cover, a car cover, alternative rims, window and front end bug deflectors, stripe and sticker packages (possibly offered by Chevrolet, not GMPP), a different spoiler, a center console desk-like organizer and arm rest, possibly stage kits or a supercharger kit (no guarantees), and a ground effects kit. This is what GMPP will offer for many cars.

Awesome, thats what I wanted to hear. A Supercharger? I didn't expect that, even the possibility has me intrigued. I guess the Supercharger would be for the SS V8 engine. How much you think that would go for installed if offered?

The_Blur 07-21-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA FAST (Post 94252)
Awesome, thats what I wanted to hear. A Supercharger? I didn't expect that, even the possibility has me intrigued. I guess the Supercharger would be for the SS V8 engine. How much you think that would go for installed if offered?

I only said that because the old Cavalier had a supercharger kit for the 2.2L. No, it was not for the Cobalt. Also, the Mustang has a supercharger kit, so I think Chevrolet should do it, too. Unfortunately, Chevrolet stopped asking for my opinion when they heard my proposal to make a nuclear reactor Camaro.

theholycow 07-21-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94254)
nuclear reactor Camaro.

Alternative fuels FTW!

PA FAST 07-21-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 94254)
I only said that because the old Cavalier had a supercharger kit for the 2.2L. No, it was not for the Cobalt. Also, the Mustang has a supercharger kit, so I think Chevrolet should do it, too. Unfortunately, Chevrolet stopped asking for my opinion when they heard my proposal to make a nuclear reactor Camaro.

Oh, hopefully Chevy will offer the Supercharger to compete with the Mustang. The Z/28 is nice but I worry how expensive it will be, a SS with Supercharger will probably be plenty for me. A nuclear reactor Camaro sounds cool, but probably too nose heavy. ;)

The_Blur 07-21-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 94264)
Alternative fuels FTW!

They said it wouldn't have the right exhaust note.

Xanthos 07-21-2008 03:22 PM

And the emissions would poison the environment. But imagine the horsepower output!
- Xanthos

PA FAST 07-21-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanthosV6 (Post 94418)
And the emissions would poison the environment. But imagine the horsepower output!
- Xanthos

Thats just too bad, nothing gets in the way of horsepower. :mad0260:

Txturbo 07-21-2008 05:15 PM

Accessories
The new Camaro is complemented by a wide range of available dealer-installed accessories that allows customers to create a more personal car. From convenience features to appearance and performance upgrades - including 21-inch wheels4 - the accessories include the following:

Interior trim kit - a four-piece kit offered in different colors
Interior accessories - items include premium, "Camaro"-embroidered floor mats, sill plates and more
Exterior detailing accessories - a variety of components are offered, from grille inserts and fuel doors to a High Rear Wing and Lower Ground Effects Package
Stripes - heritage-inspired stripes are offered in RS style for the hood or "hockey stick" style side design
Engine covers - available in five colors for the V6 and V8 engines
Wheels - split-five-spoke 21-inch wheels are offered in black metallic and polished finishes
Performance parts - numerous performance-enhancing components, including a tuned air intake, cat-back exhaust system, a Hurst short-throw shifter as well as more traditional GM Performance Parts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.