Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Middle East (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   1st ME ls3 with a broken shaft! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52475)

AlSuwaidi 11-16-2009 10:33 PM

1st ME ls3 with a broken shaft!
 
Be careful everyone.. looks like we are getting some of the defective shafts too!:mad0259:

I just had my camaro for 1000kms and the shaft broke just like everyone else who has that problem here in the forum!:cry:

my vin is in the 17000 range!

camaro1 11-16-2009 10:50 PM

too bad about the shaft,, is there any gm dealers around there?

hello,maybe you can answer a question about the camaro exports, do the cars shipped over have tire pressure monitors?

and are they still fully obd2 compliant with 4 cats?

AlSuwaidi 11-16-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro1 (Post 1182052)
too bad about the shaft,, is there any gm dealers around there?

hello,maybe you can answer a question about the camaro exports, do the cars shipped over have tire pressure monitors?

and are they still fully obd2 compliant with 4 cats?


How it works in UAE for car dealerships is that there is usually 2 dealers (1 for Abu Dhabi and one for the 6 Northern emirates Dubai, Sharjah etc...). Some dealer owners are also dealers of several, and sometimes competing, car brands. (eg. Al Futaim motors has Toyota, Honda, Volvo, Lexus, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge)

There are a few exceptions to that rule where there is one dealer for the whole country(Al Futtaim for Toyota and I'm not sure about the others brands I mentioned) and chevrolet which has a dealer for AD, one for DxB and one for other N.Emirates (Only applies for Chevy not other GM car brands)

Regarding our cars. Yes we do have tire pressure monitors. Our cars come with all the options as standard, other than GFx and 21" wheels and onstar as there is no coverage here.

Im not 100% sure but I can almost surely say that yes we do have all the cats as they are very strict on emissions and modding here. Basically the rule on modding and emissions is very vague where engine modding of any type is illegal but people still do it and get away with it at testing as long as the car doesnt sound 'too loud' or 'too modded' which are a case by case thing I guess. (really ahrd to describe)

Q8Y 11-17-2009 08:00 AM

Ouch, did u order yours from abroad or did u buy it from the dealership?
you made me worry,did you notice anything unusual before the shaft broke?
mine also LS3 vin 12----

AlSuwaidi 11-17-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8Y (Post 1182611)
Ouch, did u order yours from abroad or did u buy it from the dealership?
you made me worry,did you notice anything unusual before the shaft broke?
mine also LS3 vin 12----


ME Dealer or states! what difference? they are all off the same productuion line in the end..:chevy: but to answer your question, I got it from one of the official dealers here in the UAE. They will be getting me a new gear and shaft. I just hope they have them in stock and not have to bring one from USA!:(

They said I was the first case they saw with this issue!:facepalm: I'm so glad I didnt order from the states and have a broken gear and shaft and no guarantee! It was worth the extra money I paid!:happyanim:

Your car is right on the border! :popcorn:so if you bought yours from the states i would be worried because you might not have guarantee to cover it breaking, even though it is a factory defect (we all know how our dealers can be bad at times) Ide check with GM ME to see if your car is covered.:help:

If you bought it from your local dealer then dont worry! launch the hell out of it and if it breaks change it under guarantee! if it doesnt then mbroook ! you were out of the batch!:thumbup:

Just my opinion! I would rather have it break under guarantee when I was launching in a quiet area and fix it under guarantee then not enjoying my car and being ultra careful and not using the power it came with because I am worried it will break! Plus you never know ! it could weaken over time and then suddenly break from a simple 1-2 or 2-3 shift on a highway of middle of a junction or u-turn! But dont go using LC 5 times a day cause I told you to !:confused0068:

Let us know how it goes!:w00t::D

Q8Y 11-18-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi (Post 1186757)
ME Dealer or states! what difference? they are all off the same productuion line in the end..:chevy: but to answer your question, I got it from one of the official dealers here in the UAE. They will be getting me a new gear and shaft. I just hope they have them in stock and not have to bring one from USA!:(

They said I was the first case they saw with this issue!:facepalm: I'm so glad I didnt order from the states and have a broken gear and shaft and no guarantee! It was worth the extra money I paid!:happyanim:

Your car is right on the border! :popcorn:so if you bought yours from the states i would be worried because you might not have guarantee to cover it breaking, even though it is a factory defect (we all know how our dealers can be bad at times) Ide check with GM ME to see if your car is covered.:help:



If you bought it from your local dealer then dont worry! launch the hell out of it and if it breaks change it under guarantee! if it doesnt then mbroook ! you were out of the batch!:thumbup:

Just my opinion! I would rather have it break under guarantee when I was launching in a quiet area and fix it under guarantee then not enjoying my car and being ultra careful and not using the power it came with because I am worried it will break! Plus you never know ! it could weaken over time and then suddenly break from a simple 1-2 or 2-3 shift on a highway of middle of a junction or u-turn! But dont go using LC 5 times a day cause I told you to !:confused0068:

Let us know how it goes!:w00t::D

What I meant is the warranty,are you covered or not?
I'm glad your dealer going to fix your car that's must be a relief.
I bought the car from chevrolet dealer here in kuwait so I have the 3 years/60000km warranty.I drove like I stole it in the first 1500 km now I'm kinda babysitting it so far so good.
Good Luck keep us posted

AlSuwaidi 11-18-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q8Y (Post 1187154)
What I meant is the warranty,are you covered or not?
I'm glad your dealer going to fix your car that's must be a relief.
I bought the car from chevrolet dealer here in kuwait so I have the 3 years/60000km warranty.I drove like I stole it in the first 1500 km now I'm kinda babysitting it so far so good.
Good Luck keep us posted


Don't worry! all under guarantee from GM ME!

Don't stop driving it like you stole it! im planning on launching out of the garage when i get it back :happyanim:

alssiri 11-18-2009 01:54 PM

Good luck on the dealer getting parts in stock which is so rare :thumbdown: I ordered mine direct from the US & waiting for it to come hoping not to be one of the defected batch Inshallah :iono:

Ahmad

AlSuwaidi 11-18-2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alssiri (Post 1188494)
Good luck on the dealer getting parts in stock which is so rare :thumbdown: I ordered mine direct from the US & waiting for it to come hoping not to be one of the defected batch Inshallah :iono:

Ahmad


Well your vin would be a good hint at if you have an affected one.. but again nothing is for sure!

BLACK 11-19-2009 12:24 AM

افا والله سلامات
ماتشوف شر

RoyalKev 12-05-2009 10:48 AM

Any updates suwaidi

AlSuwaidi 12-05-2009 11:34 PM

waiting... should be arriving sometime mid december!

Camaro_h 12-06-2009 07:41 AM

Mine arrived yesterday and sent to Jamarik for 10days clearance :)
I should have it by mid Dec enshallah :)

Can someone tell me how to upload photos on here?
Thanx

camaro1 12-06-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_h (Post 1253423)
Mine arrived yesterday and sent to Jamarik for 10days clearance :)
I should have it by mid Dec enshallah :)

Can someone tell me how to upload photos on here?
Thanx


get a photobucket account www.photobucket.com , the put your pics into your photobucket account and copy and paste the link into your post here.

Camaro_h 12-06-2009 03:14 PM

thanx alot camaro1 :)

Angrybird 12 12-06-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_h (Post 1253423)
Mine arrived yesterday and sent to Jamarik for 10days clearance :)
I should have it by mid Dec enshallah :)

Can someone tell me how to upload photos on here?
Thanx

drop down below where you post your comment, there is a button that says manage attachments, you can add pictures there...

RoyalKev 12-06-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi (Post 1253020)
waiting... should be arriving sometime mid december!

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that sucks dude, mine took from 5 days for the whole thing but im in the states so its faster for me.

BackinBlackSS/RS 12-06-2009 08:23 PM

I'm sorry you are having to wait so long. Hope you get it fixed very soon!!

AlSuwaidi 12-06-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalKev (Post 1255220)
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that sucks dude, mine took from 5 days for the whole thing but im in the states so its faster for me.


ahh ive been waiting since 15 Nov!!

got a call from GM yesterday parts should arrive next week !:thumbup:

alssiri 12-07-2009 03:02 AM

This is the problem we have with dealers here :thumbdown: either no parts or it takes weeks to arrive :mad0259: plus the poor service.

Good luck & have fun :)

Ahmad

AlSuwaidi 12-12-2009 11:27 PM

Just to let you all know i got my car back yesterday! new gear is fine, but shifting into 2nd sometimes is really hard, especially at high rpms.. im guessing just a break in issue with the gear.... ill give it some time!

alssiri 12-13-2009 02:19 AM

Mabrook Alsuwaidi , have fun now :burnrubber:

Ahmad

Bahrain 12-13-2009 04:23 AM

Alsuwaidi im having the same problem with my gear :(
i need 2 know whats the problem before i take it to the dealer

AlSuwaidi 12-13-2009 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alssiri (Post 1278674)
Mabrook Alsuwaidi , have fun now :burnrubber:

Ahmad

What fun when eveytime I try to shift to second the car doesnt let me!?

well half the time on the fast shifts!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahrain (Post 1278795)
Alsuwaidi im having the same problem with my gear :(
i need 2 know whats the problem before i take it to the dealer


Nooooo idea! but i dont want to wait another month for a 3rd transmission!:iono:

Q8Y 12-13-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlSuwaidi (Post 1278805)
What fun when eveytime I try to shift to second the car doesnt let me!?

well half the time on the fast shifts!





Nooooo idea! but i dont want to wait another month for a 3rd transmission!:iono:

awal shy mabrook. are you it's not the skip shift?does 1-4 displayed when you try to shift?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.