OFFICIAL 2010 Camaro Specifications (full tech specs PDF inside)
FULL OFFICIAL SPECS LISTED HERE (PDF) --
CLICK HERE--> http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/camarospecs.pdf
From Camaro homepage:
FROM CONCEPT TO REALITY. CHEVY UNVEILS THE 2010 CHEVY CAMARO.
July 21, 2008
It's been one of the most talked about concept vehicles in automotive history. Now it's more than just a concept.
Today, at simultaneous events at the GM Tech Center in Warren, Michigan, and GM West Coast Advanced Design Studio North Hollywood, California, GM unveiled the 2010 Chevy Camaro. Sales begin in early 2009.
"The new Camaro delivers the best of both worlds – great heritage and a thoroughly modern, advanced package of performance, comfort and technology," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager. "It's a sports car for a new generation of enthusiasts that doesn't forget the heritage that helped make the original a cultural icon."
And now, Camaro is returning to the streets. You'll be able to get the four-passenger, rear-wheel-drive performance Camaro Coupe in first quarter 2009 and the Camaro Convertible will follow within a year of the coupe.
A fast take on the facts
Built on the new GM global rear-drive platform, the Camaro is offered in V6-powered LS and LT models, as well as the V8-powered SS. All models and powertrain combinations include efficient six-speed transmissions.
"Camaro delivers all of the things that make Chevrolet such a revered, global brand," said Peper. "It is a car that competes with the best sports cars in its class, but does so with surprising efficiency. That is no small feat, and it took a worldwide commitment to achieve it."
The information provided below is current at time of publication. For even more product details, see the 2010 Chevy Camaro Spec Sheet
and the Camaro Color Options
- A 3.6L DI VVT V6 engine with a projected 300 hp and manual six-speed transmission is standard on LS and LT models. Choose the available six-speed automatic with TAPshift to achieve an estimated 26 mpg highway1
- A 6.2L V8 with a projected 400 hp with six-speed automatic transmission with TAPshift includes Active Fuel Management technology to achieve 23 mpg highway1
- For the top-of-the-line, the 6.2L V8 with manual six-speed transmission produces a projected 422 hp
- Four-wheel independent suspension system, including a 4.5 link rear suspension
- Variable-rate power steering with the rack mounted forward of the front axle for better weight balance and greater driver feel
- Four-wheel disc brake systems with ABS standard on all models, including four-piston Brembo calipers on SS models
- StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System with traction control standard on all models
- Competitive/Sport modes for the Stabilitrak system offered on SS models, including launch control on SS models equipped with the six-speed manual transmission
- Robust body structure and exceptional build quality
- Sleek, heritage-inspired styling with contemporary cues and 10 available exterior colors
- Detailed interior with heritage-inspired design, excellent attention to detail and available ambient LED lighting technology
- RS Appearance Package available on LT and SS, with HID headlamps with integrated halo ring feature, spoiler, specific taillamps and 20-inch wheels2
- Family of 18-, 19- and 20-inch wheels2
- Extensive list of options and accessories for almost unlimited personalization choices
- Bluetooth wireless technology for compatible phones3
- Premium Boston Acoustics 9-speaker, 245 watt audio system with subwoofer available on select models
- USB connectivity available on select models
- Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist available on select models (planned for December, 2009)
- Remote vehicle starting system available on select models
- Six standard airbags: Dual-stage frontal air bags, Head-curtain side-impact air bags, Front-seat-mounted, side-impact thorax air bags for driver and front passenger.4
- OnStar with one-year Safe & Sound Plan standard, also available is Turn-By-Turn Navigation5 with Directions & Connections plan