Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5346)

CamaroScotty 07-22-2008 01:07 PM

UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES
 
Schedule of ORIGINAL DATES for upcoming events:

July 21, 2008
Public reveal

July 22, 2008
First IDL Dealer Broadcast

September 2008
Second IDL Dealer Broadcast

November 3 – 7, 2008
SEMA, Las Vegas, NV LOTS OF ACCESSORIES TO BE ANNOUNCED HERE!

December 2008
Third IDL Dealer Broadcast / Ordering & pricing

January 2009
First round of Dealer orders

February 16th, 2009
Start of Coupe Production

First Quarter 2009
Start of Sale


FEEL THE LOVE PEOPLE, FEEL THE CAMARO LOVE! :patriot:

NEW DATES as of 8/18:

October 2008
Second IDL Broadcast

November 3 – 7, 2008
SEMA, Las Vegas, NV

December 2008
Consensus

January 2009
Third IDL Broadcast

February 2009
Start of Coupe Production

Chocolate Apocalypse 07-22-2008 01:11 PM

I cant wait til SEMA rolls around and I can see all the new goodies in person. :D

Mr. Wyndham 07-22-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

December 2008
Third IDL Dealer Broadcast / Ordering & pricing
:thumbsup:

Mindz 07-22-2008 01:35 PM

I'm off to go get all the juicy details for myself. See you guys in about 2 hours.

pinkcamaro10 07-22-2008 01:45 PM

indy.... :(

Mr Twisty 07-22-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 96705)
indy.... :(

Can't forget Indy

4thGen 07-22-2008 01:48 PM

I have to wait until December to find out how much my Camaro will cost?!:mad0259:

CamaroScotty 07-22-2008 01:48 PM

I tried to ask about indy - but could not get through...

pinkcamaro10 07-22-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thGen (Post 96708)
I have to wait until December to find out how much my Camaro will cost?!:mad0259:


i know that kind of upsets me as well.

fad1 07-22-2008 02:11 PM

I cant wait till Dec. of 08 for the pricing. Getting kinda nervous about it. Hopefully its very comparable to its competitors. :D

Chevyrocker 07-22-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fad1 (Post 96739)
I cant wait till Dec. of 08 for the pricing. Getting kinda nervous about it. Hopefully its very comparable to its competitors. :D

they assured us several times over the broadcast that it would be competitve with the mustang and the chally...

TheMadHatter99 07-22-2008 02:34 PM

Well I hope GM's definition of "competitive" is the same as mine...and I also hope its closer to the Mustang side of things than the Challenger side. Pricing will be everything with this car; it'll determine whether its a huge success or a huge flop.

linkwpc 07-22-2008 02:35 PM

I wonder if it come to the LA auto show in Nov....

scotchsride09 07-22-2008 03:16 PM

Man; SEMA isn't open to the public... that stinks. I was going to go to Vegas in Nov./ Dec. anyway this year... why not go early and see new Camaro stuff? But alas, it is not allowed to be...

Cubanaso 07-22-2008 03:57 PM

Cool, alot still to look forward too...

Mindz 07-22-2008 04:48 PM

OK I'm back from the IDL part 2. I posted in the camaroscotty details thread. go read.

Beyond Limits 07-22-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fad1 (Post 96739)
I cant wait till Dec. of 08 for the pricing. Getting kinda nervous about it. Hopefully its very comparable to its competitors. :D

They have already identified their key competitors as the Challenger, Mustang, and 350Z which means they absolutely have to price the Camaro within that market segment (granted they can claim a premium over their market segment but anything more than $1K or $2K will result in rejection by the market). You cannot claim that your market segment competitor is a 350Z and then price it in line with a G37 and expect to sell vehicles. So as long as you are comfortable with the pricing of a chally or a stang you should have nothing to worry about in terms of pricing on the Camaro.

Remember, Chevy needs this car to be a success as much as they want it to be a success. They are not going to sabotage their potential market share by pricing themselves out of the market.

TheCaptain 07-22-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond Limits (Post 97180)
They have already identified their key competitors as the Challenger, Mustang, and 350Z which means they absolutely have to price the Camaro within that market segment (granted they can claim a premium over their market segment but anything more than $1K or $2K will result in rejection by the market). You cannot claim that your market segment competitor is a 350Z and then price it in line with a G37 and expect to sell vehicles. So as long as you are comfortable with the pricing of a chally or a stang you should have nothing to worry about in terms of pricing on the Camaro.

Remember, Chevy needs this car to be a success as much as they want it to be a success. They are not going to sabotage their potential market share by pricing themselves out of the market.

Indeed you are right. They will leave the ass raping for us Canadians. Probably a solid 10-20% over USD. Like every other manufacturer out there, with every other vehicle.

Fandango 07-22-2008 11:04 PM

I was looking over every one of the new threads. I've been busy for the since after the 4PM reveal, which really disappointed me. There was no SS, other details missing. Anyway, I guess I'm going to sit tight until I see me more of the SS. I like to see there is hint that for an extra price, I can get the Bumblebee paint. I don't know how long I'll wait for the Z/28.

rickb203 07-25-2008 09:45 AM

OK all....I need some overwhelming convincing.....Is it worth it to flatbed my concours BB396 4speed '69 IPC signed by Mario all the way to Indy from CT for the Indy Camaro 5 launch? I'm looking at the $(ouch!!!) and time and struggling. Anyone know a list of things going on that I could get involved with...parties, press stuff, people wanting to shoot the car with the new one..possibly drive of the new one? A big plus would be to meet some of the crazy camaro guys on this site. Also, any suggestions for keeping my car secure while at indy if I do spend the bucks....

What days are the best to be there? I've never been before ....

Let me hear your thoughts, suggestions,....

Shifty 6 07-25-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond Limits (Post 97180)
They have already identified their key competitors as the Challenger, Mustang, and 350Z which means they absolutely have to price the Camaro within that market segment (granted they can claim a premium over their market segment but anything more than $1K or $2K will result in rejection by the market). You cannot claim that your market segment competitor is a 350Z and then price it in line with a G37 and expect to sell vehicles. So as long as you are comfortable with the pricing of a chally or a stang you should have nothing to worry about in terms of pricing on the Camaro.

Remember, Chevy needs this car to be a success as much as they want it to be a success. They are not going to sabotage their potential market share by pricing themselves out of the market.

Have you guys priced a 350Z lately. I was at the dealer for service the other day and they had 2 350's one was $28K for steering wheels and tires, but no doors, the other was $36K!!! with everything (less Brembos). Ouch! I'm hoping GM prices it with the Mustang and Challenger.

CUPRA 07-28-2008 11:56 PM

I have contacted 2 local dealers here in the DFW area.

Went to Bankston Chevy on Saturday to see if I could place a deposit on a LT with RS package and was told no, I have to wait till February. Fair enough. So I asked about pricing, saying I assumed what I wanted (LT + RS) would be about $26-27k. Dealer said no, it would start in the mid $30ks due to market adjustment. I turned and walked.

I called Classic Chevy in Grapevine today, asked the same questions, was told again, I can't put a deposit down till Feb, but in all honesty they will have many of them so there is no real need to put a deposit down. I asked about pricing for an LT with RS package and he told me that is projected to come in at between $24 to $26K. If anyone is getting my business, it will be Classic Chevy in Grapevine!!!

Same thing happened when we bought my wife's 06 Civic SI. We ordered it 3 months in advance, paid MSRP, but while looking around, other dealers in the area had them marked up to almost $8k above MSRP. It's madness!

CamaroScotty 07-29-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CUPRA (Post 102421)
I have contacted 2 local dealers here in the DFW area.

Went to Bankston Chevy on Saturday to see if I could place a deposit on a LT with RS package and was told no, I have to wait till February. Fair enough. So I asked about pricing, saying I assumed what I wanted (LT + RS) would be about $26-27k. Dealer said no, it would start in the mid $30ks due to market adjustment. I turned and walked.

I called Classic Chevy in Grapevine today, asked the same questions, was told again, I can't put a deposit down till Feb, but in all honesty they will have many of them so there is no real need to put a deposit down. I asked about pricing for an LT with RS package and he told me that is projected to come in at between $24 to $26K. If anyone is getting my business, it will be Classic Chevy in Grapevine!!!

Same thing happened when we bought my wife's 06 Civic SI. We ordered it 3 months in advance, paid MSRP, but while looking around, other dealers in the area had them marked up to almost $8k above MSRP. It's madness!



I'm thinking it will be $20,000. But hey, anyone can throw numbers out there, because Chevy hasn't released any information yet. No, there isn't a dealer with an "inside track" on the pricing.

I'm getting PM's already asking why I can't mark cars up so "we" can make a buck on the most anticipated car ever.....Well, because we have decided "we" are MSRP or LESS on the Camaro......THAT'S WHY!

Go ahead - MARK THEM UP - post them up here.....Let's see the ANTICIPATION you get! :confused0068:

LadiesMan217 07-29-2008 08:03 AM

My guesses...and purely speculation.

Base Camaro V6: $21,000
LT V6: $24,000
V6/RS: $27,000

Base V8: $30,000
LT V8: $33,000
SS/RS: $37,000

Of course this isn't including NAV, HUD, Moonroof, Stripes, premium wheels, etc.

The Convertible will be those prices...just add $4500 to all of the Coupe prices.

MattG 07-29-2008 09:02 AM

I certainly hope an SS/RS isn't $37k with no other options. By the time you load it up with a nice set of options, that's ~$43-45k. :yikes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.