CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Borla x pipe AFM delete and NPP delete SS A8 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536005)

cybercoaster 08-09-2018 05:20 PM

Borla x pipe AFM delete and NPP delete SS A8

On my 2017 A8 I have NPP and looking to to get the Borla xpipe with AFM delete. I don't want to get a tune, will have a drone or should I get the with retaining the AFM? If AFM delete, can I just tie the solenoids up so they are still connected and not throw a code? I also plan on going to Borla ATAK and delete NPP. Thanks in advance.

Bumblbee16 08-09-2018 06:25 PM

I believe AFM will throw code unless tuned out.

JaxChris 08-09-2018 06:35 PM

EFI Tuning made AFM exhaust valve delete modules for a short while, but something happened that stopped him from producing them any further and I think he posted that people should just get a tune to disable them from throwing codes and pointed to a link on CorvetteForums on how to do it.

If you're not going to tune, you should consider biting the bullet and buying a midpipe with the AFM valves retained.

stangs024 08-09-2018 09:56 PM

Not sure if this is abnormal but when I had my SW cat back with AFM delete put on I left the muffler shop, and a CEL popped while driving down the road. Took it back & they read the codes. I had 3, the only one I remember was P0420. Anyways they cleared the codes and I left. Next day the light came back on and stayed on for a few key cycles & then went off. This was about 3 months ago, the light hasn't come back on since & I never tuned the car

Spartan268 08-10-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybercoaster (Post 10277892)
On my 2017 A8 I have NPP and looking to to get the Borla xpipe with AFM delete. I don't want to get a tune, will have a drone or should I get the with retaining the AFM? If AFM delete, can I just tie the solenoids up so they are still connected and not throw a code? I also plan on going to Borla ATAK and delete NPP. Thanks in advance.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I've yet to find anyone else who tied up the AFM portion successfully on the forums. Unless if my search skills suck. I've seen one post from someone suggesting it but no one else confirming it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 10277971)
EFI Tuning made AFM exhaust valve delete modules for a short while, but something happened that stopped him from producing them any further and I think he posted that people should just get a tune to disable them from throwing codes and pointed to a link on CorvetteForums on how to do it.

If you're not going to tune, you should consider biting the bullet and buying a midpipe with the AFM valves retained.

I emailed them about this two days ago. They recommend just getting it tuned out by HP Tuners. They mentioned it doesn't touch something specific so it doesn't effect your warranty.

cybercoaster 08-10-2018 04:29 PM

Thanks all. I think I will just go with 2nd cat delete and axle back ATAK for now. Appreciate the input