CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Dealership professionalism (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554933)

Val Walkinshaw 05-23-2019 10:57 AM

Dealership professionalism

Deleted

TheWiseWolf 05-23-2019 11:02 AM

After reading that, I dont even think breathing near your car is safe with you.

protovack 05-23-2019 11:15 AM

expecting a car to come from a dealer with paint free of swirls, I've learned, is setting yourself up for disappointment. There is no way any dealer is ever going to "hand wash" hundreds of cars sitting on their lot. It's just never going to happen. Plus, the GM paint these days is so fragile, its virtually unavoidable. I agree with you about dealerships being careless, but, I don't really care if they wear shoes in my car without putting plastic down. I'm just thankful if I get my car back without any significant body damage at this point. These guys move fast and don't get paid much. They are under constant pressure from GM to cut corners.
My brand new equinox had to have body work done on the rear. They dinged the passenger door in the parking lot and had to replace that too. The car was filled with dust when I picked it up. I smiled, took my keys, and drove home. At least they hadn't damaged anything else and I can wipe off some dust. Sometimes its a matter of perspective.

ugxvibe 05-23-2019 11:17 AM

Like any other business out there you'll always have a mix of people from good to bad. Personally I like to take the time to make sure I don't scuff up a customers car. I think maybe working at a Caddy dealer puts us on a little higher of a level because ALL Cadillac owners want, and deserve, to have their vehicles in the same clean condition as they came in.

Things that happen, like in the other thread with rattle repair, should be addressed appropriately. I know that our place would certainly remedy the situation at the cost of the shop because we understand the importance of customer retention and CSI.

If you stay calm and collected when showing the damage to the vehicle you will yield more positive results. If the calm route doesn't work then go the nuclear route IMO.

ugxvibe 05-23-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protovack (Post 10525838)
expecting a car to come from a dealer with paint free of swirls, I've learned, is setting yourself up for disappointment. There is no way any dealer is ever going to "hand wash" hundreds of cars sitting on their lot. It's just never going to happen.

We actually have a sublet company on site that hand washes/waxes everything. Crazy I know, but it's true.

cbr1100xx 05-23-2019 11:21 AM

I'm not really anal but I have seen salesman or the service guy lean on the car while talking to me and I'll admit, it's a bit unprofessional.

441bertre 05-23-2019 12:02 PM

I worked in a dealership for four years and I would estimate you represent 5% of the customers that came in. The other 95% come in drop off their vehicle off and are just happy when they pick it up and their concern is rectified. Customers are quick to leave a bad review because of an experience they had but don't forget about the others that visit on a daily basis and Mr. Smith that has been going to the same place for the past 20 yrs that are complete satisfied with every visit.

We get it, you're anal retentive, and want your car treated like a Ferrari you didn't buy. If the technician gets in with dirty boots and gets the floormats dirty, its not the end of the world. They can be cleaned. Don't complain about their fingernails unless you're paying for a manicure.

Val Walkinshaw 05-23-2019 06:57 PM

I know of 2 smaller repair facilities that hand wash vehicles including a change of the buckets and mitt between each car. I have limited knowledge but as far as dealerships go I am familiar with one non-Ferrari in Ann Arbor that hand washes. It is not a Chevrolet dealer unfortunately. Do I expect manicures? Lord no. What I do expect is you to at least shake off the metal shavings before you climb in my car. Do I expect you to scrub your hands like a surgeon before climbing in and out? No. Common courtesy says you should at least find a clean towel before shaking hands. My apologies if I came off harsh. Apparently I've allowed higher standards to dictate my behaviors.

I can appreciate and recommend keeping a level head when discussing concerns. Professionalism, courtesy and basic human respect go along way in conversation. Screaming at anyone or using profanity says more about your limited vocabulary and intelligence level than it does the problem at hand.

I'll admit sometimes dropping bombs may get more done, it should never be the first line of defense. Nor did I exude any behavior of the such at my last visit.

I apologize if I came across promoting that kind of immature and unprofessional behavior.

Anal to one person is laxadasical to another. It really depends on your reference point.

Bottom line. Respect for other people's property is not conditional upon your opinion of it's value.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sengli 05-23-2019 10:22 PM

I will admit, when I have had to use any dealership to help me deal with a warranty covered issue, I feel as if I am opening myself up to untold issues. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Even though my local dealer does wash by hand...I just tell them no thanks. Short of something major, my cars dont go back. I think a lot of the people at these dealerships arent car guys anymore. Working at the dealership is just a job.

Zack46 05-23-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWiseWolf (Post 10525828)

+1 :thumbsup:

Zack46 05-23-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 441bertre (Post 10525876)
I worked in a dealership for four years and I would estimate you represent 5% of the customers that came in. The other 95% come in drop off their vehicle off and are just happy when they pick it up and their concern is rectified. Customers are quick to leave a bad review because of an experience they had but don't forget about the others that visit on a daily basis and Mr. Smith that has been going to the same place for the past 20 yrs that are complete satisfied with every visit.

We get it, you're anal retentive, and want your car treated like a Ferrari you didn't buy. If the technician gets in with dirty boots and gets the floormats dirty, its not the end of the world. They can be cleaned. Don't complain about their fingernails unless you're paying for a manicure.

+1 :thumbsup:

Michael2000 05-23-2019 11:15 PM

I'm in agreement with the original poster. I do service work (not in the car industry), and I do quality work. I expect other people to do quality work, too, if they are doing work for me. I give the product back in better condition than I got it. I expect the same.

Having said that, I avoid going to the dealer at all costs. I buy the service manuals, and buy the parts. I've even done recall work to avoid the dealer. I know most of them don't give a rat's @ss about my car, my second largest financial purchase, or the work they do. They are just there to kill time, and pickup a paycheck. I have to be realistic. When I buy a new car, I tell them to leave all the plastic on, and don't wash it. I'll do it myself, and I have no paint swirls on my cars. If it was a higher end car, like a Maserati or Porsche, I probably would not be so hesitant.

Michael2000 05-23-2019 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWiseWolf (Post 10525828)

No, he doesn't want cr@p work done on his car. There is nothing wrong with that. There use to be a time when people took pride in their work. A few still do, but most don't. The term "skilled trades" is pretty much an anachronism these days.

Here's a fresh example of your skilled Chevy dealership labor.

Went In For Dash Rattle and Dealer Damaged Interior

That's professional work there.

Here's another one, this time with a $70K ZL1.

2019 ZL1 vert already damaged by dealer

People want their cars fixed, not destroyed by low class morons who have no clue what they are doing.

redcoats1976 05-24-2019 02:21 AM

i consider myself fairly picky about my car.that said,if i take it for service and have to wash it or vacuum it out afterwards im ok with that,as long as nothing is actually damaged and the car has been repaired.service people are only human,and working on cars all day,you are going to get at least a little dirty.