Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dealer Disappointment (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5667)

OldTimer 07-30-2008 08:35 PM

Dealer Disappointment
 
The dealer I visited last week who put me on their waiting list and then said I could move up on the list if I paid a deposit, now cannot tell me what amount I need to deposit, and, that there will be a mark up on all camaro's they sell. Whats up with that? You cannot tell me how much you want for a deposit, but, you already have 5 or 6 in front of me. How can they NOT know what deposit they are requiring? Seems to me they are getting so much interest they are deciding to up the deposit and have decided they can mark up the price as well. I bet they are going back to the first 5-6 and telling them if they don't put up more deposit they are going to move them down. Once they see how much people are willing to pay to keep their place they will inform me what they want from me. They just lost a customer for life!

So I go to another mid-size to large chevy dealer and inquire as to the same thing, waiting list/deposit/markup. Their story is exactly the same, and I mean EXACTLY the same. I know GM cannot control the dealers, but, they are the ones that are in front of the customer and make the impression that determines who does and does not buy a vehicle.

I have not had that many posts on here, but, I have been reading everything that gets posted. Ok, so I miss a few. I have been as excited about this car as anyone on this forum. As much as most of you. Well, as much as alot of you.

My point to all this is, all those who worked tirelessly on this car, who sweat blood, who have an emotional and physical bond to this car are going to see all that dedication and effort go down the drain because of some of the dealers who will be responsible for selling it. I said SOME, not all Scotty! As for me, I won't be buying one in Houston. I have gone from the excitement of being on the top of the list to going out and buying something else this weekend and waiting a couple years. Unfortunately, that is the only recourse I have because there will be someone else right behind me that will take my place and take the BS. I love the camaro and still think it is the best looking car on the planet. I am, however, a believer in principle. I would never treat my customer that way and will not tolerate being treated that way.

Great car GM! Way to go to all of you who were on the team, but, because of whats happening downstream from you I wont be buying one now. I will end up with one, but, much later then I had my heart set on.

65bus 07-30-2008 08:43 PM

I agree, my car dealer told me $1000 deposit and there was 9 on the list allready and couldnt confirm a price. They need to be rejected from GM's send list but we all know this was gona happen even though GM said they werent going to be like DODGE, ect...... Thats why im starting to look towards the new G8 GXP and the Colbalt SS but ya never know there might be a vast supply considering the price of gas, and the market not doing so well. Time will tell and hopefully in our favor!

Sizzox 07-30-2008 09:18 PM

That’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard my dealer said he's not taking nothing until feb. 16th the day ordering officially starts which is what every dealer should do no waiting list no early deposits but I don’t have to worry he is my dad's best friend so I know im getting one no matter what.

65bus 07-30-2008 09:23 PM

^ur lucky wish i knew i would get one in feb.

baileyrx 07-30-2008 09:24 PM

production starts feb 16th, I'm sure orders will/can be placed about 3-4 months before that time...

Sizzox 07-30-2008 09:45 PM

Thats just what he told me they said to take orders then

headpunter 07-30-2008 09:56 PM

could we get this moved to the correct subforum plx...

ps. if your dealer is a prick go somewhere else, i bought my colorado from Gootee chevrolet (Chehalis/Centralia Washington State) (i listed the location hoping to spare some one some agony.) and after all the crap i had to put up with i wont ever buy from them again. Alot of dealers feel entitled to your business. but in the internet age people will drive 100+ miles to buy a car so they all need to learn better customer service. i know flying to milwaukee to buy a car from camaroscotty so i have a sweet roadtrip to break in the car.

pinkcamaro10 07-30-2008 10:59 PM

so you go to 2 dealers and give up? what does that say about you? If all else fails buy from camaroscotty and have the car drop shipped to your local dealer.

you arent trying very hard for a real camaro enthusiast.

camaro5 07-31-2008 02:36 AM

Scott said they shouldn't take deposits until the order books arrive at dealers in "Late Summer".

Zieke 07-31-2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 103825)
so you go to 2 dealers and give up? what does that say about you? If all else fails buy from camaroscotty and have the car drop shipped to your local dealer.

you arent trying very hard for a real camaro enthusiast.

i dont want to seem like im hammering down on you,
but i agree with Pink.

09'Z28 07-31-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 103742)
I know GM cannot control the dealers

actually they can a Dodge dealer in our area (won't mention names) got their license pulled by Chrysler so GM could threaten to pull their license and get it straightened out if they wanted to

Speedy1975 07-31-2008 11:05 AM

MSRP Markup and deposits on cars that you can't yet order are very fine lines. GM is struggling financially right now. The Camaro could really help that situation.

The "over MSRP Markup" goes straight to the dealer's profits. GM gets ZERO of that. If too many dealers do this and it hurts sales, that'll be bad for GM as a whole. GM will probably wait to see how sales go before doing anything, and at that point it could very well be too late. Big companies are like big ships and it takes a long time to make them change direction.

The bigger problem is that there are fools out there that will pay more than MSRP for something just to have it first. That's the REAL issue. If no one would pay it, the markup would disappear quick.

There was a Mugen Civic Si at a local Honda dealer. It had a $5000 markup on it. It sat, and sat, and sat. It totally cracked me up because it was nearly as expensive as a C6 Vette at $39K for a CIVIC!

Needless to say, after about a month, the markup was removed, and the last time I was in there it had a $1000 discount on it.

Supermans 07-31-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy1975 (Post 104102)
MSRP Markup and deposits on cars that you can't yet order are very fine lines. GM is struggling financially right now. The Camaro could really help that situation.

The "over MSRP Markup" goes straight to the dealer's profits. GM gets ZERO of that. If too many dealers do this and it hurts sales, that'll be bad for GM as a whole. GM will probably wait to see how sales go before doing anything, and at that point it could very well be too late. Big companies are like big ships and it takes a long time to make them change direction.

The bigger problem is that there are fools out there that will pay more than MSRP for something just to have it first. That's the REAL issue. If no one would pay it, the markup would disappear quick.

There was a Mugen Civic Si at a local Honda dealer. It had a $5000 markup on it. It sat, and sat, and sat. It totally cracked me up because it was nearly as expensive as a C6 Vette at $39K for a CIVIC!

Needless to say, after about a month, the markup was removed, and the last time I was in there it had a $1000 discount on it.

This would all be simpler if for the first batch, they take orders over the phone and simply ship them to your house directly. I bet they'd sell a lot more that way considering the price would be a lot lower.

Speedy1975 07-31-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 104105)
This would all be simpler if for the first batch, they take orders over the phone and simply ship them to your house directly. I bet they'd sell a lot more that way considering the price would be a lot lower.

The problem with cutting out the dealer, is that it could hurt GM sales other than the Camaro. A lot of people will go see the new Camaro just to see it. While they're there they may see a car they're really in the market for and make a purchase outside of the Camaro.

It's tricky really. GM should just lay the smack down and say no over MSRP bs or we yank your license.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.