Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Woot! Putting deposit down today! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5681)

RickyTheStorm 07-31-2008 10:27 AM

Woot! Putting deposit down today!
 
Just got off the phone with my dealer and I am going to put my $500 deposit down to hold a spot - my dealer hasn't had any spots "reserved" yet so I will be #1 on the list :happyanim: Can't wait!

The_Stache 07-31-2008 10:30 AM

Good luck, Get a contract, and make sure its binding.

RickyTheStorm 07-31-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diarmadhi (Post 104121)
Good luck, Get a contract, and make sure its binding.

Thanks, will do! Though my dealer has been my families dealer since 1989 for 10 vehicles and they have never done us wrong, I will be sure to have peace of mind :thumbup:

IROCZJEFF 07-31-2008 10:43 AM

Deposit ready here!
 
I went to my dealer last night and they shared some info with me they got. I have the first Camaro comming in at my dealership. Inferno Orange SS/RS with optional Inferno orange seat accents. White stripes and 6-speed of course! Feels good to know the Camaro is finally comming. Jeff:thumbup:

RickyTheStorm 07-31-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF (Post 104134)
I went to my dealer last night and they shared some info with me they got. I have the first Camaro comming in at my dealership. Inferno Orange SS/RS with optional Inferno orange seat accents. White stripes and 6-speed of course! Feels good to know the Camaro is finally comming. Jeff:thumbup:

Awesome :thumbup: - I am ordering mine specifically with the options I am picking, just cause I don't want to be missing something I want, and they are sending it out with their first order for the cars. So mine will be one of the first on the lot :thumbup:

Captain Awesome 07-31-2008 11:00 AM

I hope you guys are paying MSRP or below.

LadiesMan217 07-31-2008 12:31 PM

Ditto...

Did they give you a set price? Did they say, "MSRP?"

I just don't understand signing a contract on something I don't know the price of. (Or even ORDERING).

carfansince73 07-31-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm (Post 104120)
Just got off the phone with my dealer and I am going to put my $500 deposit down to hold a spot - my dealer hasn't had any spots "reserved" yet so I will be #1 on the list :happyanim: Can't wait!

Make sure you get IN WRITING that the deposit is refundable. You never know what might happen until then to make you change your mind (not about buying one, but rather when and where ;) )

IROCZJEFF 07-31-2008 12:47 PM

Under Sticker Here!
 
I have bought a number of cars and trucks from my dealer. I have also had friends buy Vett's from my dealer. Payback time is now.

RickyTheStorm 07-31-2008 02:01 PM

I took care of everything, have my deposit in - contract states it is refundable and I also had them put in that it will be MSRP or below - which my dealer does not believe in price gouging but my sales rep said he understands why I am concerned after the Mustangs. So it is refundable, it will be at MSRP or below, and it will be exactly the way I want :thumbup:

PS - they don't know the actual price so I could not get a set price - just a confirmation that it will be MSRP or below and not more. He said he also believed my GMS discount was applicable too but could not give me a definite as Chevy may say no-go to the GMS for a short while when they are first released. Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point

LadiesMan217 07-31-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm (Post 104288)
I took care of everything, have my deposit in - contract states it is refundable and I also had them put in that it will be MSRP or below - which my dealer does not believe in price gouging but my sales rep said he understands why I am concerned after the Mustangs. So it is refundable, it will be at MSRP or below, and it will be exactly the way I want :thumbup:

PS - they don't know the actual price so I could not get a set price - just a confirmation that it will be MSRP or below and not more. He said he also believed my GMS discount was applicable too but could not give me a definite as Chevy may say no-go to the GMS for a short while when they are first released. Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point


Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).

EllwynX 07-31-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 (Post 104351)
Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).

He's probably just saying that he's willing to pay up to that amount when the prices become available and you can order.

As of now, they aren't taking orders.

brantley847 07-31-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 104142)
I hope you guys are paying MSRP or below.

Yeaaaa, maybe you will all be paying 40k. Make sure that is refundable.

40k for a loaded SS is out of the question, I could understand it for a supercharged maybe Z28, but besides that you are walking in vette territory..

jmliptak 08-01-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 104573)
Yeaaaa, maybe you will all be paying 40k. Make sure that is refundable.

40k for a loaded SS is out of the question, I could understand it for a supercharged maybe Z28, but besides that you are walking in vette territory..

MAYBE if you go hog wild at the GMPP acessory store, and I mean WILD, will you be able to go over $40k. Otherwise I am with Brantley847, you will likely be able to get a new 2008 Vette (stripped, admittedly, but how bad can a stripper Vette be?) for a few bucks more than $40k.

There was a dealer a while back on one of the Vette boards in CA who had like 30-40 on the lot and was selling them for GM Employee price plus $400. That essentially what GM pays to the dealer for selling a car at employee pricing. You wouldn't have as many bells and whistles, but you would have a few more or the same HP in a car that is much lighter, but I do not doubt that some folks will end up spending more on their Camaros. Not a problem either way, do what makes you happy, but just look at the big picture when the time comes and make the best decision for YOU....

RickyTheStorm 08-01-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 (Post 104351)
Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).

I am in line to Order, I haven't actually picked options yet - as for NAV - from what I understand they are not offering NAV except through OnStar. Sunroof, thats affirmative. My list is as follows:

SS w/RS - Automatic
Aqua Blue Metallic - White Stripes
Jet Black Leather Interior (with interior accent package)
Sun Roof
Premium Sound System (BA 245 Watt 9 speaker system)
Remote Start

That is all I want and is pretty much fully loaded. My guess - less than 40k.

DILLIGAF 08-01-2008 02:12 PM

Im waiting for a convertible, as i just purchased a Hummer H3 and will be paying on it for the next 5 years or less. I wont be buying the Camaro until I can get my GMS price and have a nice down payment. by the time I am ready they will be out for a few years and i will know exactly what options i want.

TonytheTiger 08-01-2008 03:50 PM

awsome!!

Shifty 6 08-01-2008 04:01 PM

I got my deposit down today too... Look for my Ebay auction this weekend.













Kidding! I am waiting to touch the car. I want to see colors in person.
Congratulations to everyone else though. I don't know how you can sleep at night. I can barely wait now and I don't even have a deposit yet.

65bus 08-01-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm (Post 104288)
Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point

:paddle: Does no one remember them saying it was going to be priced with the mustang not like the Challenger or am i wrong because if its going to be mid to upper 30's ill have to consider other options like the g8

Captain Awesome 08-01-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DILLIGAF (Post 104871)
Im waiting for a convertible, as i just purchased a Hummer H3 and will be paying on it for the next 5 years or less. I wont be buying the Camaro until I can get my GMS price and have a nice down payment. by the time I am ready they will be out for a few years and i will know exactly what options i want.


Welcome to the club!

I'm still trying to figure out where these reviewers get off saying these things are dog slow. Sure, they're not as quick as a Camaro but quick enough to not be annoying... and switching between a 2000 SS and another vehicle should accentuate any "slowness". I don't find it bad at all!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.