Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Camaro batmobile (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56969)

iyam_lorne 12-17-2009 02:08 PM

The Camaro batmobile

So after the cut of my abm i had to change to another color so i called my salesman and told him id been deciding between black or silver and before i could tell him my choice he says to me in his austrailian accent "Wanna know my personal opinion mate? go with silver." he says "Im usually a fan of black on sports cars but with the camaro black seems to hide the lines and makes it look like the batmobile." personally i think it looks nice in black though too. in any color really but i went with silver not because of his words but because, as i stated before, black on gravel roads do not mix and silver is pretty hot too on this car.

Kendell347 12-17-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iyam_lorne (Post 1295473)
So after the cut of my abm i had to change to another color so i called my salesman and told him id been deciding between black or silver and before i could tell him my choice he says to me in his austrailian accent "Wanna know my personal opinion mate? go with silver." he says "Im usually a fan of black on sports cars but with the camaro black seems to hide the lines and makes it look like the batmobile." personally i think it looks nice in black though too. in any color really but i went with silver not because of his words but because, as i stated before, black on gravel roads do not mix and silver is pretty hot too on this car.

I agree, its a tough decision, but it seems like you have all your pros and cons lined up to make a good decision.

SleepWarz 12-17-2009 02:22 PM

rjt or iom imho.

Since there is no abm.

Rocks RS 12-17-2009 02:25 PM

I love the BLACK!!

qbert48 12-17-2009 02:29 PM

:thumbsup: i love my sim super sharp in the sun

CloudXTC 12-17-2009 02:33 PM

sim ftw

Blade 12-17-2009 02:34 PM

I am not into black so much anymore. Everything that happens to the color stands out bigtime. Dings, scratches etc.

I love CGM. That color just looks badass, with darkened wheels. Everyone and their mother has silver.

In fact, didn't I see a stat here somewhere, showing the highest % of Camaros are silver?

brAnd7onX 12-17-2009 02:39 PM

Silver has been the #1 colored car for over a century... If you like trend then get silver and if you like less trend then get black.

DangerZL1 12-17-2009 03:11 PM

Well, black is almost a quarter of the sales, so it is a pretty popular color, even with the generous pallate of colors available to choose from.

JJ#48Racing 12-17-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iyam_lorne (Post 1295473)
I went with silver not because of his words but because, as i stated before, black on gravel roads do not mix and silver is pretty hot too on this car.

Good choice, you would have hated youself if you got black when you have to drive down gravel roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brAnd7onX (Post 1295595)
Silver has been the #1 colored car for over a century... If you like trend then get silver and if you like less trend then get black.

More 5th gen Camaro's have been sold in black than any other color.

Infern0 12-17-2009 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This should help...
:)

brAnd7onX 12-17-2009 04:47 PM

To be honest... No color makes the camaro look meaner than black... That's one mean looking babe!

tjbusa 12-17-2009 04:53 PM

Silver is one of the easiest to keep clean, hides dirt very well

gjordon 12-17-2009 04:56 PM

I told myself after my last black car that.. never again! They require extra tlc to keep its beauty. I quickly changed my mind when I saw her sitting in the showroom. IMO, when clean, there's not another color thats as "menacing" as black. Just be prepared to take more time to keep her clean!