Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   EXHAUST SYSTEMS - Which Ones Better N WHY ? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5726)

kamisxy 08-02-2008 12:44 AM

EXHAUST SYSTEMS - Which Ones Better N WHY ?
 
I had put a Borla exhaust system on my 2002 SS after doing some extensive research on what system was considered the best ...and talking to different shop owners who specialize in doing modifications for corvettes and camaros....i wasnt too familiar with exhaust systems back then.....all I knew was that I wanted the best...


I want this thread to help alot of people who are considering getting an aftermarket exhaust system....which will be alot of people. Thanks for your input everyone
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...s/thumbsup.gif

I know theres a couple different exhaust systems out there...
We just want to know everyones experience with the exhaust systems they got for thier cars......What exhaust system do you RECOMMEND and WHY ?



FLOWMASTER ... BORLA ... MAGNAFLOW ... SLP ... DYNOMAX ... CORSA ... EDELBROCK ... BASSANNI ... ??? ...

CamaroSpike23 08-02-2008 12:59 AM

whichever one you want is the best. plain and simple.


go to www.ls1sounds.com and listen to some of the cars on there

i personally have magnaflow

o2camaross 08-02-2008 01:54 AM

i had lt headers, ory pipe and the magnaflow catback on my 02 SS and i loved it.

dvnt88 08-02-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamisxy (Post 105186)
I had put a Borla exhaust system on my 2002 SS after doing some extensive research on what system was considered the best ...and talking to different shop owners who specialize in doing modifications for corvettes and camaros....i wasnt too familiar with exhaust systems back then.....all I knew was that I wanted the best...


I want this thread to help alot of people who are considering getting an aftermarket exhaust system....which will be alot of people. Thanks for your input everyone
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...s/thumbsup.gif

I know theres a couple different exhaust systems out there...
We just want to know everyones experience with the exhaust systems they got for thier cars......What exhaust system do you RECOMMEND and WHY ?



FLOWMASTER ... BORLA ... MAGNAFLOW ... SLP ... DYNOMAX ... CORSA ... EDELBROCK ... BASSANNI ... ??? ...

I will be going with another Magnaflow system as I curently have the high flow replacement cats (direct fit) and exhaust (3") on my '97 Z from them and the HP gain (22hp at the wheels) and exhaust note is pure "Sex". ")

TheMadHatter99 08-02-2008 08:10 PM

It really is personal choice. Are you looking for sound, HP gains, MPG gains, or looks the most?

It will also be sorta hard to tell until we have actual Camaros running around with the various systems.

That being said, however, I've always been a fan of Borlas, although the Flowmaster American Thunder series has a pretty impressive sound as well.

Chocolate Apocalypse 08-02-2008 09:39 PM

I'd have to go long tubes, no cats and custom true duals. Thankfully my buddy has a mandrel bender and does quite a bit of exhaust work. Probably use Dynomax bullet mufflers, they sound awesome and have them on my current and last LS1 Camaros.

Mindz 08-02-2008 09:40 PM

SLP might have a loudmouth exhaust system as well like Tag has on his SS. I'm sure there's a site that compares several exhaust systems and they'll probably have charts and sound bytes for specs, etc.

CamaroSpike23 08-02-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 105511)
SLP might have a loudmouth exhaust system as well like Tag has on his SS. I'm sure there's a site that compares several exhaust systems and they'll probably have charts and sound bytes for specs, etc.



http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...91&postcount=2


seriously... does anyone read any other posts besides the first one before they comment? lol

kamisxy 08-02-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 (Post 105481)
It really is personal choice. Are you looking for sound, HP gains, MPG gains, or looks the most?

It will also be sorta hard to tell until we have actual Camaros running around with the various systems.

That being said, however, I've always been a fan of Borlas, although the Flowmaster American Thunder series has a pretty impressive sound as well.

I WENT WITH THE BORLA BECAUSE IT NOT ONLY PERFORMS WELL...AND LOOKS WERE IMPORTANT TO ME 2

kamisxy 08-02-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse (Post 105510)
I'd have to go long tubes, no cats and custom true duals. Thankfully my buddy has a mandrel bender and does quite a bit of exhaust work. Probably use Dynomax bullet mufflers, they sound awesome and have them on my current and last LS1 Camaros.

CATS....TRUE DUALS?
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

CamaroSpike23 08-02-2008 10:32 PM

first off, please stop supersizing your comments.


second... cats are catylitic converters, they convert noxious fumes from the exhaust into emissions passing fumes.

true duals are just that, they are a setup where each side of the exhaust runs its own tubing all the way till it exits, whereas a catback setup takes both sides from the motor to a y-pipe then to the muffler and splits it back up to the exhaust tips.

topgun1 08-02-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 105191)
whichever one you want is the best. plain and simple.


go to www.ls1sounds.com and listen to some of the cars on there

i personally have magnaflow

Great website! I've been listening on headphones for an hour straight! I listened to most of the exhausts and was a close one b/w the Corsa and Magnaflow for me. I still have to go with the Magnaflow--I am partial to it also, had it on my '95 Z-28. I just love the deep throaty sound, no crackling or back pressure and sounds amazing at idle and WOT. It's inexpensive, all stainless steel and makes good power.

So with that being said, i'll be putting on a new cat-back Magnaflow for the new SS!
:happyanim:

2kwik 08-03-2008 01:47 AM

It all depends on your car's set-up. Different catbacks sound differently with particular headers/cam, etc. It's especially hard to say since none of the big brands out there (borla, magnaflow, slp, bassani, corsa, etc.) have produced anything for the camaro yet. For all we could know, the stock catback could sound better than all of them :( I'm OBVIOUSLY, playing devil's advocate, and it's highly improbable that that will be the case. But anyhow...

TaylorRyanSS 12-02-2008 02:47 AM

Corsas sound the best.
I have been looking on youtube at corvettes with exhausts and I like the Corsas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZwhH5U9WWs


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.