Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mika Salo (ex F1 / potential NASCAR driver) w/ 600hp Supercharged Camaro (VIDEO) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58463)

Tran 12-29-2009 12:35 PM

Mika Salo (ex F1 / potential NASCAR driver) w/ 600hp Supercharged Camaro (VIDEO)

3 Attachment(s)
As reported on Homepage.

CAMARO MOTORSPORT'S FIRST SUPERCHARGED CAMARO DELIVERED TO MIKA SALO
Camaro Motorsport brings special performance parts to Europe

VIDEO:

Attachment 84466

AMSTERDAM - Camaro Motorsport introduces a wide choice of performance parts for the all new Camaro. Biggest eye catcher in the portfolio is a supercharger for the Chevy V8-engine. With the aid of this impressive piece of machinery, the Camaro's peak power can be increased to 600 hp. The first Supercharged Camaro V8 has been delivered to ex-Ferrari F1 driver Mika Salo.

Fin

Camaro Motorsport is bringing a wide array of engine, body and suspension parts to Europe. Although still new on the European market, the Luxembourg based company has an enthusiastic follower with ex-Ferrari F1 driver Mika Salo. The Fin, preparing for next years NASCAR season in the United States, took delivery of his brand new Camaro with 6.2 V8, paddle shift 6 speed automatic and SC 600 Supercharger package. The explosive package leads to a performance increase from 400 hp and 557 Nm of torque to 600 hp and 747 Nm.

Impressive

Salo, winner of the 24 hours of Le Mans in a Ferrari F430, was delighted when he took delivery of the all new Supercharged Camaro. ‘I'm a Camaro fan, I already own a classic '69 Camaro with supercharger. That car delivers well over 1000 hp. With this new car, I have a modern car with ‘retro' looks and stunning performance. A great combination. On top, it has proven to be very reliable as all parts are built according to the highest quality standard.'

Fair price

Salo's car is equipped with a Motorsport SC600 package and contains a supercharger, special air intake system, exhaust system, exhaust headers and Dyno fine tuning of the engine management. The supercharged package starts with the Motorsport SC550 hp at € 12.500,-- excluding VAT, including installation and warranty. The SC600 package costs € 17.250,-- Salo: ‘The price/performance ratio is just fantastic, there is no car on the market delivering the same horsepower at such a fair price.'

Stiffer suspension

The racing Fin still has some other modification to the car in mind. Salo: ‘Suspension and brakes have not been modified yet. But when the snow has disappeared, I will sure fit stiffer suspension and different brakes. For the time being this setting is fine, it enables me to drive the car over winter time as well.'

Corvette ZR1

To increase power from 400 hp to 600 hp, a TVS 2300 Supercharger (2,3 liter) is mounted under the sleek bonnet, the same one as used for the new ZR1 Corvette. The four-lobe rotor has improved efficiency (less power to drive), cooler discharge temperatures and is much quieter. And it gets great fuel consumption figures due to its internal bypass valve that uses less than 1,0 horsepower while cruising at 120 km/h on the Autobahn. The airconditioning uses more horsepower than the supercharger.

Performance freaks

It is recommended to pair the supercharger with the Cold Air Intake & Cat Back exhaust system to boost up to approx. 580 hp. Mounting the new cat-back exhaust will lead to a head turning sound. Made from high-quality stainless steel, this exhaust frees up horsepower and sounds fantastic. For the absolute performance freaks the Motorsport Exhaust Headers lift peak power to an unbelievable 600 hp.

Dyno tuning

The Exhaust Headers lead to a powerful upgrade as well. They are worth 30hp without tune, and 50hp when combined with Dyno tuning. The are made from the highest quality stainless steel. Includes the headers, high-flow catalytic converters, and X-pipe.

More horsepower

The Cold Air Intake provides significantly more airflow and increases horsepower. The system retains all factory sensors so it won't cause any problems with the engine management. It comes with a washable and reusable filter element instructions and all the hardware for easy installation.

Upgraded brakes

Camaro Motorsport can of course deliver high performance suspension and brake parts. Different springs and shocks lower the centre of gravity for better body control. Larger brake discs with 6-piston calipers provide excellent stopping power under all driving circumstances. Together with body parts like a rear spoiler and a special gear lever, Camaro Motorsport makes sure the performance of the car is in line with its great looks.

Link to the videos of the builders of this fine car.

Attachment 83066

Attachment 83067

2010 SSRS 12-29-2009 12:51 PM

Camaro street dominator

TheCaptain 12-29-2009 02:31 PM

:laughabove: indeed!

MadeInAmerica19 12-29-2009 03:13 PM

we need to see him drive that badass

cjh1505 12-29-2009 04:35 PM

mika is the man! was great in f1 and kills in euro le mans! its a shame he will be going in circles this year in crashcar.hope some vid gets posted of him taking that bad boy for a ride!

Andro 12-29-2009 05:13 PM

Awesome

CynAgain 12-29-2009 05:56 PM

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:

I love this quote:

'the price/performance ratio is just fantastic, there is no car on the market delivering the same horsepower at such a fair price.'

Mr Twisty 12-29-2009 07:26 PM

...And worn out blue jeans, how can you NOT like the guy? :D

hrpiii 12-29-2009 08:07 PM

hey, and a black bowtie..what gives!! ..standard Europe edition I guess. :w00t:

Ferrarimk13 12-29-2009 09:24 PM

definitely a nice car, with the the only thing giving away the 600 horses is the decal on the side. =)

Johnny Camaro 01-01-2010 01:39 PM

Here a short vid of Mika driving his new car near Amsterdam - Netherlands- this car is build in the Netherlands:
http://www.abhd.nl/video/chevrolet-c...van-mika-salo/

TAG UR IT 01-01-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Camaro (Post 1338183)
Here a short vid of Mika driving his new car near Amsterdam - Netherlands- this car is build in the Netherlands:
http://www.abhd.nl/video/chevrolet-c...van-mika-salo/

HOLY COW!!! That is one sweet ride! Congrats to Mika...a BEAUTIFUL SC'd SS!

Wolverine 01-02-2010 12:11 PM

I didn't know he is in Nascar. For what team?

ROD1 01-02-2010 02:11 PM

I take it he is sick of shifting.

wildpaws 01-02-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 1340883)
I didn't know he is in Nascar. For what team?

I'm not sure what team, but I don't think he has driven his first NASCAR race yet, I sure have not seen him mentioned on the NASCAR.com forums or the NASCAR forums at SPEEDTV.com.
Clyde

wildpaws 01-02-2010 02:26 PM

After doing a little research, this is all I could find (and it certainly has not been mentioned on any of the NASCAR forums I participate on):

"9/27/09 Salo To Get First NASCAR Test

Risi Competizione’s Mika Salo will his long-awaited first taste of NASCAR in November, when the Finn will test a Michael Waltrip Racing Sprint Cup Series car on a Florida short track. Salo scaled back his sportscar program this year to pursue his stock car racing dreams."

If it happened or will happen, it looks like he may be driving a Toyota for MWR.
Clyde

wildpaws 01-02-2010 02:36 PM

"Oct. 13, 2009
The ex-British American Racing, Ferrari, Sauber or Toyota driver Mika Salo is getting closer to a move to NASCAR, although no contract is signed at this time, the Finn told autosport.com. Mika Salo retired from Formula One in 2002 and competed in several other championships including FIA GT and American Le Mans Series. However, a potential debut in NASCAR requires advanced testing with a stock car, Salo explained.

"I have a little interest, yeah, so just having a look to see if there's any opportunity or anything for me to at least try the thing and know if I like it. I've driven everything else in the world, not NASCAR, so that's why I want to try it,” he said."

So he apparently is "interested" in NASCAR, seems there are no contracts, firm committments, or even test drives yet at this point in time. Sorry, he's not a "NASCAR racer" just yet IMHO and billing him as such is at best very premature.
Clyde

Captain Awesome 01-04-2010 05:35 PM

How come his outer taillights/brakelights don't work?

chevydrvr 01-04-2010 05:38 PM

I wonder why only the inner taillights are used. Even when he's braking only the inner taillights work. Why is that?

EDIT: sorry captain awesome,didn't see you post that.

DkknightX 01-04-2010 05:40 PM

Damn this guy can drive....

DkknightX 01-04-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevydrvr (Post 1347771)
I wonder why only the inner taillights are used. Even when he's braking only the inner taillights work. Why is that?

I just noticed that. Hrmmm.....

khislop007 01-04-2010 05:47 PM

That freaking thing sounds awesome!!!

Captain Awesome 01-04-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevydrvr (Post 1347771)

EDIT: sorry captain awesome,didn't see you post that.

No problem....

I looked at it closer and thought perhaps they use amber turn signals like the australian camaros we saw in preproduction but they show a closeup of the back end and they look red to me.

OVERPAR73 01-04-2010 06:44 PM

That video is amazing!!

gold5000000 01-04-2010 07:08 PM

hes a great driver, has great taste in cars, wears blue jeans AND speaks english. What more could you ask for