Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Kenne Bell 2010 camaro kits 2.8, 3.6, 4.2 available (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60067)

redsap05 01-10-2010 10:52 AM

Kenne Bell 2010 camaro kits 2.8, 3.6, 4.2 available
 
Anyone seen the Kenne Bell website lately?
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...aro/Camaro.htm

EDIT: Its a 4.2 not 4.0

liquidfire350 01-10-2010 11:08 AM

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!

Mr Twisty 01-10-2010 11:36 AM

I like the rear intake. Price looks good too.

2010 SSRS 01-10-2010 11:37 AM

Nice.

Ravirn 01-10-2010 11:50 AM

Holy ****! Nice. I've got some reading to do. :drool:

Ject 01-10-2010 11:51 AM

so much money to save :cry:

liquidfire350 01-10-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1366161)
I like the rear intake. Price looks good too.

where did you see the price, i didnt see anything for camaro specificly or were you just estimating from other kit prices

10aSSee D 01-10-2010 12:29 PM

Same here didn't see the price as well how much?

Mr Twisty 01-10-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidfire350 (Post 1366211)
where did you see the price, i didnt see anything for camaro specificly or were you just estimating from other kit prices

Yeah, I figured the Camaro price will be close to the C5 price.

6999.00 with the hood, injectors, etc.
5999.00 street rod kit.

redsap05 01-10-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 1366329)
Yeah, I figured the Camaro price will be close to the C5 price.

6999.00 with the hood, injectors, etc.
5999.00 street rod kit.

Thats a good point but I didn't see anything about pricing on the site and I read the whole thing. Also the 2.8 does NOT need a new hood and fits just fine. It doesnt appear that the 3.6 or 4.2 need a hood either but it does state that modifications are neccesary with 3.6 and 4.2

liquidfire350 01-10-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsap05 (Post 1366342)
Thats a good point but I didn't see anything about pricing on the site and I read the whole thing. Also the 2.8 does NOT need a new hood and fits just fine. It doesnt appear that the 3.6 or 4.2 need a hood either but it does state that modifications are neccesary with 3.6 and 4.2

the GT500 crowd have the same issue, your options are really just, notch the hood framing, lower engine cradle/mounts, or buy a larger cowl hood

matt55 01-10-2010 01:07 PM

579 WHP with only the supercharger @8psi !!

Mr Twisty 01-10-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsap05 (Post 1366342)
Thats a good point but I didn't see anything about pricing on the site and I read the whole thing. Also the 2.8 does NOT need a new hood and fits just fine. It doesnt appear that the 3.6 or 4.2 need a hood either but it does state that modifications are neccesary with 3.6 and 4.2

If you mean for the Camaro, I didn't either. Here's the pdf link for their other setups.
http://www.kennebell.net/pricelist/SC-PRICELIST.pdf

old motorhead 01-10-2010 03:51 PM

Are these blowers actually "available"? As in, can you really buy one and bolt it on your Camaro?

Z_Rocks 01-10-2010 04:16 PM

What I really like about this blower and Whipple, is that how these blowers maintain a steady blow till redline. If you look at the TQ curve, it's almost flat all the way to redline. Image you add a headers and blower Cam on this, the TQ would be solid flat.

The second most important thing (which I don't have an answer to), is which has the least "parasitic losses" which results a better final result. KB has always been famous for that. Whipple is very efficient too. But I don't have the facts among all these new PD blowers.

Thirdly, the throttle body and see how much bigger it is than the stock (even if you port the stock). This has a huge bottleneck on performance, if it's not large enough. In fact the new Mustange GT for 2011, has changed theirs to the shape and size of KB.

The big question is, do you have to cut the hood or drop the engine?

liquidfire350 01-10-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks (Post 1366769)
What I really like about this blower and Whipple, is that how these blowers maintain a steady blow till redline. If you look at the TQ curve, it's almost flat all the way to redline. Image you add a headers and blower Cam on this, the TQ would be solid flat.

The second most important thing (which I don't have an answer to), is which has the least "parasitic losses" which results a better final result. KB has always been famous for that. Whipple is very efficient too. But I don't have the facts among all these new PD blowers.

Thirdly, the throttle body and see how much bigger it is than the stock (even if you port the stock). This has a huge bottleneck on performance, if it's not large enough. In fact the new Mustange GT for 2011, has changed theirs to the shape and size of KB.

The big question is, do you have to cut the hood or drop the engine?

for the parasitic loss, look here, http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...sts/index.html

i know its a mustang magazine, but its the blower comparison im interested it, the TVS required 147hp to use where as the Kenne Bell only took 111hp

as for the hood and engine drop, Kenne Bell claims the 2.8 fits with no issue, its when you go for the bigger blowers the hood gets in the way. if it doesnt bother you, an aftermarket larger cowl hood would fix that problem.

Z_Rocks 01-10-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidfire350 (Post 1366911)
for the parasitic loss, look here, http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...sts/index.html

i know its a mustang magazine, but its the blower comparison im interested it, the TVS required 147hp to use where as the Kenne Bell only took 111hp

as for the hood and engine drop, Kenne Bell claims the 2.8 fits with no issue, its when you go for the bigger blowers the hood gets in the way. if it doesnt bother you, an aftermarket larger cowl hood would fix that problem.

Thanks for the info Liquid; Ya, KB has always been famous for their efficiency and cool air.

It's amazing how many vendors are building F/I for this car. And we are in the middle recession and high price gas time. Imagine people had more money to spend.

Not to hijack the thread, the new 2011 mustange engine is [technically] awesome too.

[UPDATE]
Some info from the magazine:
"While it doesn't compare to the 500 hp required to drive a Top Fuel Roots blower, some of these larger street/strip superchargers required as much as 150 hp to spin them at 18,000 rpm and 20-plus pounds of boost. Not surprisingly, results from the blower dyno correlate perfectly with the chassis dyno. Configured to produce 20 psi of boost (a level not attainable with the TVS on the 5.4), the TVS checked at 18,000 rpm, 340 degrees of discharge temperature, and a whopping 147 hp worth of parasitic drive losses.
This means it took 147 hp to drive the TVS supercharger at this speed and flow level. By comparison, the Kenne Bell required only 12,700 rpm to produce the same 20 psi. Running the same boost level, the discharge temperature registered only 282 degrees, and the Twin Screw blower absorbed only 111 hp in the process. Thus the Twin Screw reduced the inlet charge temp, blower speed, and parasitic losses required to reach the desired boost level."

JM10 01-10-2010 05:55 PM

Can somebody explain the liquid cooler for this kit?

liquidfire350 01-10-2010 06:24 PM

compression causes heat, which in turn does 2 things: 1. heats up the air which everyone knows colder air results in more power, and 2. the back section of the screws (where the air exits the blower) is the hottest and the screws themselves increase in size, and bang into each other resulting in metal shaving entering the engine

"Just how hot is hot? At crazy high boost 100-degree incoming air becomes 350-degree outlet air-that's a huge heat gain for a twin-screw blower. Jim says he horsebacks a 10-degree gain per pound of boost. Thus, when boost arcs into the 25-pound stratosphere, the hot blower rotors have expanded enough to crash into each other, destroying themselves and sending gritty metal bits downstream into the engine. The rotors always touch first at the gear end (discharge end) of the blower because it is considerably hotter than the inlet end, which you can think of as air-cooled."
-again from the same mustang magazine, http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ger/index.html

the last part really isnt an issue unless your running high amounts of boost

JM10 01-10-2010 07:05 PM

So, no intercooler under the radiator?

ZZcamaro 01-10-2010 07:08 PM

I am trying to work with KB to get setup as a vendor for their products. I am also hoping that I can swing a new deal where we can offer an exclusive deal to Camaro5.com members!!

I will update when I get more info...or you can PM me if you are interested.

liquidfire350 01-10-2010 07:09 PM

i believe theres still the air to water intercooler under the blower with the heat exchanger mounted behind the radiator, and that the liquid cooling uses the water from the heat exchanger. i think its more of an over-kill thing, safety thing for expanding screws, lower the outlet temps before hitting the intercooler so it can get even colder air charge temps

salohi 01-10-2010 11:08 PM

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...aro/camaro.jpg

any one installed it yet

we need to hear it run

radz28 01-11-2010 01:40 AM

I have questions about the article referenced...

Speed74SS 01-11-2010 03:05 AM

The KB blower looks good and efficient but I believe you will get more power out of a bigger blower. I am not taking anything away from KB but it looks like they were the ones who did the test in the article and not a 3rd party. I think the tests will always be skewed towards a manufacturers product that is doing the test. I can't remember the comparison between the Hennessey 650 car and the 725 Super Snake - didn't they dyno close to the same?? It will be interesting to see these on the new camaros - can't wait.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.