Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   New Aluminum and Carbon Fiber Driveshafts coming soon (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60966)

GFORCE1320 01-15-2010 12:22 PM

New Aluminum and Carbon Fiber Driveshafts coming soon
 
That's right folks, more products coming out of design stages.

I'm working on our Camaro Driveshaft designs and will have 2 driveshafts out on the market by late winter or early spring.

These will be one piece driveshafts and will be different then anything on the market.

We supply billet pinion yokes with our driveshafts, that way it gets rid of all the adapters and couplers to provide a nice smooth ride with no vibrations.

We have had great success with our GTO one-piece driveshafts and will carry on the one-piece designs with the new Camaro. I encourage anyone to go see how our one piece carbon fiber driveshafts are working out for the GTO guys http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307526

Don’t let anyone tell you that a one-piece shaft won’t work, ours work perfect!

As far as strength, our carbon fiber driveshafts are SFI approved and have been dyno tested to 2800 ft lbs of torque and 10,000 rpms!
Carbon Fiber driveshafts also greatly reduce driveline shock and will help your driveline live a long life :)

Our Aluminum shafts will have a 850hp rating and our Carbon fiber shafts will have a 1000+ hp rating.

No pricing as of yet but will be out soon.

I'll get some photo's up soon, these shafts are a really innovative design and I'll be proud to show them off.

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce Engineering

Autobot 06-02-2010 08:21 AM

:popcorn:

Kyle2k 06-02-2010 12:20 PM

This has probably been asked/stated a few times since you first started talking about them, but can we expect any weight savings from either of the two driveshafts offered?

Also a general question- Are one piece or two piece usually lighter?

GFORCE1320 06-02-2010 01:53 PM

One piece shafts are lighter.
The Carbon fiber shafts will be about 2-3 lbs lighter.
The aluminum shafts will be about the same.
Big benifits will be major strength improvement and the carbon fiber shafts will have a much higher speed rating then the stock shafts.

Thanks
Chris

Kyle2k 06-02-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 (Post 1936431)
One piece shafts are lighter.
The Carbon fiber shafts will be about 2-3 lbs lighter.
The aluminum shafts will be about the same.
Big benifits will be major strength improvement and the carbon fiber shafts will have a much higher speed rating then the stock shafts.

Thanks
Chris

Cool, can't wait to see some of these installed and at the track!

FrankT 06-02-2010 03:27 PM

I'll be (im)patiently waiting for one of these!!

Autobot 06-02-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankT (Post 1936927)
I'll be (im)patiently waiting for one of these!!

Me too http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...d/7bb252f4.gif

55Designs 06-06-2010 08:45 PM

G Force when will these be ready? I am ready to buy it now because my 2 piece GM driveshaft is driving me nuts with the vibration. My local dealer has had over 60 cars with the same issue and they just replace the shaft and coupler but the problem of the vibration creeps back. I think a solid design to eliminate the 2 piece design and one that is balanced in house before the customer installs will solve this issue. I think you will have a huge market for guys like myself beside the power hungry owners who want strength. Please PM me with more details if you can.

GFORCE1320 06-06-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55Designs (Post 1954056)
G Force when will these be ready? I am ready to buy it now because my 2 piece GM driveshaft is driving me nuts with the vibration. My local dealer has had over 60 cars with the same issue and they just replace the shaft and coupler but the problem of the vibration creeps back. I think a solid design to eliminate the 2 piece design and one that is balanced in house before the customer installs will solve this issue. I think you will have a huge market for guys like myself beside the power hungry owners who want strength. Please PM me with more details if you can.

I'll have to see where were at on them. Shouldn't be too long now before we can put one together.
Our billet pinion yokes are now done, still waiting on a couple parts to be made.

Thanks
Chris

SSTony 06-10-2010 07:15 PM

you guys are too slow.

Dentyneice 06-10-2010 08:01 PM

What's the benefit of a one piece DS over the stock 2 piece?

I snapped some driveshaft bolts a few months ago... will this DS prevent them from snapping?

Apex Motorsports 06-10-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dentyneice (Post 1970209)
What's the benefit of a one piece DS over the stock 2 piece?

I snapped some driveshaft bolts a few months ago... will this DS prevent them from snapping?

Weight reduction and strength.

GFORCE1320 06-10-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dentyneice (Post 1970209)
What's the benefit of a one piece DS over the stock 2 piece?

I snapped some driveshaft bolts a few months ago... will this DS prevent them from snapping?

Strength for the most part, a little weight savings as well.

Which bolts did you break? Our driveshafts come with a billet pinion yoke for the diff to replace the OEM rubber donuts and those bolts. It uses a big 1350 series u-joint.

Thanks
Chris @ Gforce


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.