Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Magnaflow V-6 axle back video (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62274)

philthy 01-23-2010 05:02 PM

Magnaflow V-6 axle back video

Finally got around to taping the Magnaflow V-6 axle back (part 16584)...

Edge.128 01-23-2010 05:39 PM

not bad can we hear more, more revs, some drive by, etc...

97one 01-23-2010 09:16 PM

How about a HARD takeoff.........:popcorn:

:chevy:

Sevn86 01-23-2010 09:32 PM

and some from inside the cabin...thanks

KMPrenger 01-23-2010 10:12 PM

Sweet...this is the one I've been waiting to hear! Thank you very much!

Wow, not bad.....doesn't seem that much different from stock at idle (yes I know, probably can't tell exactly from the video) but can tell a definite difference once you give it a little gas!

and yes I'd love to hear more as well. As for me, I'd love to hear a cold start, an aggressive take off, and if you found the time, a clip of a drive by at lower cruise speeds.

lol...I know we are asking for alot, but you know we'll take what we can get!!

Ok, so what are your impressions of the exhaust? You like it alot? Is there much drone at all?

philthy 01-24-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 1410364)
Sweet...this is the one I've been waiting to hear! Thank you very much!

Wow, not bad.....doesn't seem that much different from stock at idle (yes I know, probably can't tell exactly from the video) but can tell a definite difference once you give it a little gas!

and yes I'd love to hear more as well. As for me, I'd love to hear a cold start, an aggressive take off, and if you found the time, a clip of a drive by at lower cruise speeds.

lol...I know we are asking for alot, but you know we'll take what we can get!!

Ok, so what are your impressions of the exhaust? You like it alot? Is there much drone at all?

Yes, it is quiet at idle....once you get on it though, it really does sound powerful. The sound in cabin was a little loud at times, so I got some 1/4" neoprene foam sheet and laid it under the carpet in the trunk. That helped, but I may add a dynamat type material to the trunk floor for added soundproofing. My main focus was getting rid of the ugly factory mufflers. The sound is an added bonus. I almost went with the Flowmaster kit, but did not like the black painted pipes and mufflers. I ended up getting a good deal on the Magnaflow through Hottexhaust.com.

01pewterz28 01-24-2010 05:52 PM

Sounds good it sounds just like my Flowmaster Am thunder exhaust.

Sean

KMPrenger 01-27-2010 06:56 PM

Hey philthy...just wondering, but have you felt any more "get up and go" with this system? Or do you think its just more of a changed sound and thats it?

Dont try 20 07-31-2011 03:23 PM

sound like thunder