Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   screw the NFL (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63101)

sspaul 01-28-2010 07:19 PM

screw the NFL
 
they are trying to take claim for "WHO DAT" that has been a new orleans/louisiana tradition for years. WHO DAT was started in patterson, la. at patterson high school when dalton hilliard was playing for the team. now the nfl won't let anybody selling t shirts put WHO DAT on them b/c they said it is affiliated with the nfl. just so the NFL knows WHO DAT is for the PEOPLE!!!

sorry for the rant
paul

CatiaJockey 01-28-2010 07:39 PM

Thats pretty chicken shit of the NFL. I don't think this will stand up in court. I guess they don't realize the the locals really speak that way!

Russo 01-28-2010 07:40 PM

you heard that on Walton and Johnson this morning too, lol....

SSE 4 2SS 01-28-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspaul (Post 1427057)
they are trying to take claim for "WHO DAT" that has been a new orleans/louisiana tradition for years. WHO DAT was started in patterson, la. at patterson high school when dalton hilliard was playing for the team. now the nfl won't let anybody selling t shirts put WHO DAT on them b/c they said it is affiliated with the nfl. just so the NFL knows WHO DAT is for the PEOPLE!!!

sorry for the rant
paul

Here is a fix... Dat Nguyen as many of you know played for Texas A & M. his family curiously enough have aresturant in Texas, i believe it's in Rockport named Hu Dat... spell it like that, and if the NFL says anything, tell them your advertising the resturant...

shad2009 01-28-2010 07:47 PM

they don't wanna lose their money, because ppl selling those shirts are sellin for less then the NFL would...they can go take a hike, ppl r still gonna do it

1 BAD RS 2 SS 01-28-2010 08:01 PM

:laughabove:idol what ?

PQ 01-28-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspaul (Post 1427057)
they are trying to take claim for "WHO DAT" that has been a new orleans/louisiana tradition for years. WHO DAT was started in patterson, la. at patterson high school when dalton hilliard was playing for the team. now the nfl won't let anybody selling t shirts put WHO DAT on them b/c they said it is affiliated with the nfl. just so the NFL knows WHO DAT is for the PEOPLE!!!

sorry for the rant
paul

Prove it.

If the NFL had it trademarked then you're sol. The claiming rights time may have expired.

PQ 01-28-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 1427357)
Yeah, and I coined the phrase "THAT JUST HAPPENED" in the early 80's and didn't get paid a dime for it after the movie.
Those bastards!

:sm0:


However, OP, you are right and wrong. The NFL doesn't own the trademark and didn't start it. But neither did you guys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-..._b_439323.html

Zeus 01-28-2010 09:54 PM

I invented the internet

Zeus 01-28-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolman (Post 1427763)
I guess you really got screwed out of some green backs. LOL

tell me about it. :facepalm:

Could be worse. I could own the Bills.

sspaul 01-28-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1427370)
:sm0:


However, OP, you are right and wrong. The NFL doesn't own the trademark and didn't start it. But neither did you guys.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karen-..._b_439323.html

the WHO DAT goes back before 1983, that was when people started saying it at saints games. like i said before it started back when dalton hilliard was at patterson high school. and you can go back even more in history and see that their was a song called WHO DAT back in the 1800's. the nfl shouldn't have a say if people can put it on shirts and sell it.

PQ 01-29-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 1427773)
tell me about it. :facepalm:

Could be worse. I could own the Bills.

You'd have plenty of money. Cause you aren't spending it on your team. :mad0259:

Epitaph 02-07-2010 11:52 AM

Next thing you know, they're going to take

D # (D fence)

Zeus 02-07-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 1429587)
You'd have plenty of money. Cause you aren't spending it on your team. :mad0259:

lol

Jekyll-N-Hyde 02-12-2010 11:52 AM

I never really payed attention to it but I just looked up Who dat trying to see what it means.......

It says its for a celebration of the New Orlean Saint football Team
"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?"

dem? dey ? ooooooooooh Wow and im stuck listening to Folks speaking spanish lol my head hurts.


What does WHO DAT mean ?

I know its what folks say but whats it mean.

PQ 02-12-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde (Post 1475948)
I never really payed attention to it but I just looked up Who dat trying to see what it means.......

It says its for a celebration of the New Orlean Saint football Team
"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?"

dem? dey ? ooooooooooh Wow and im stuck listening to Folks speaking spanish lol my head hurts.


What does WHO DAT mean ?

I know its what folks say but whats it mean.

I'm gonna have to ask you to cease and desist. You are not authorized to say Who Dat? lmao

sspaul 02-12-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde (Post 1475948)
I never really payed attention to it but I just looked up Who dat trying to see what it means.......

It says its for a celebration of the New Orlean Saint football Team
"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?"

dem? dey ? ooooooooooh Wow and im stuck listening to Folks speaking spanish lol my head hurts.


What does WHO DAT mean ?

I know its what folks say but whats it mean.

WHO DAT is short for who is that


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.