Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Leather Seat Belt Guides 2SS / 2LT (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63780)

MRKNJ 02-02-2010 03:05 PM

Leather Seat Belt Guides 2SS / 2LT
 
Anyone else's seat belt guides starting to wear from use already? (Less than 4K miles and 4 months of owership). Mine are begining to show wear on the inside edges from the seatbelts being pulled through them... I know that Volkswagon has replaced the entire leather seat covers several times in my 2007 EOS (since the guides are identically manufactured and attached as the Camaro's). But because of the BS Chevrolet and my dealer has given me over the Rally Stripes, I do not want to raise this concern with them until the stripes issue is resolved... For now I will simply go back to not using them and just deal with the seatbelt against my neck... Anyone else have this problem yet and reported to Chevrolet? Anyone come up with a good solution?

camarowa 02-02-2010 03:36 PM

I don't have that problem, they look brand new. But if they were showing wear I would tell the service mngr to replace them.

HDDAN 02-03-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRKNJ (Post 1441183)
Anyone else's seat belt guides starting to wear from use already? (Less than 4K miles and 4 months of owership). Mine are begining to show wear on the inside edges from the seatbelts being pulled through them... I know that Volkswagon has replaced the entire leather seat covers several times in my 2007 EOS (since the guides are identically manufactured and attached as the Camaro's). But because of the BS Chevrolet and my dealer has given me over the Rally Stripes, I do not want to raise this concern with them until the stripes issue is resolved... For now I will simply go back to not using them and just deal with the seatbelt against my neck... Anyone else have this problem yet and reported to Chevrolet? Anyone come up with a good solution?

I don't have my car with me today but my guess would be that the "leather" is actually vinyl. The problem that I have sometimes is the guide becomming unfastened from the seat back. I am going to put some powerful rare earth magnets on the seat back portion.

canadian ss 02-03-2010 12:48 PM

Mine is showing wear as well. I'll wait a bit to adress it incase there is an update repair with BETTER material used. Or i'll wait before warranty gets close to expiring.

MRKNJ 02-03-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDDAN (Post 1444342)
I don't have my car with me today but my guess would be that the "leather" is actually vinyl. The problem that I have sometimes is the guide becomming unfastened from the seat back. I am going to put some powerful rare earth magnets on the seat back portion.

Mine unsnaps rather easily when I lean to the center too quickly (like when grabbing wallet from back pocket). What do you mean by unfastened from the seat back? Where will you be using magnets and how?

MRKNJ 02-03-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadian ss (Post 1444436)
Mine is showing wear as well. I'll wait a bit to adress it incase there is an update repair with BETTER material used. Or i'll wait before warranty gets close to expiring.

Am thinking the same thing but I am concerned that at just under 4K miles it is showing this type of wear already!

HDDAN 02-16-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRKNJ (Post 1444545)
Mine unsnaps rather easily when I lean to the center too quickly (like when grabbing wallet from back pocket). What do you mean by unfastened from the seat back? Where will you be using magnets and how?

The magnets are small discs that can be purchased from a hardware store. I will measure the counter bore that looks like the female portion of a snap to find the size, then I will purchase magnets to fit in the C'bores. Rare earth magnets are very powerful and the belt loops will not come undone again.

MRKNJ 02-18-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HDDAN (Post 1488793)
The magnets are small discs that can be purchased from a hardware store. I will measure the counter bore that looks like the female portion of a snap to find the size, then I will purchase magnets to fit in the C'bores. Rare earth magnets are very powerful and the belt loops will not come undone again.

Interesting fix however, without the quick release of the stock magnets, aren't you afraid of the issue with the leather wearing to get worse?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.