Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   0-60 predictions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6586)

shank0668 09-06-2008 02:32 PM

0-60 predictions
 
mine is 4.40 secs

smokn' 09-06-2008 03:06 PM

soo, is this ignoring the 4.8/4.6 est and saying what we think it should have been? cuz in that case a 4.4 was my original guess.

storm79 09-06-2008 03:18 PM

im gonna say 4.5 or 4.4

shank0668 09-06-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokn' (Post 125931)
soo, is this ignoring the 4.8/4.6 est and saying what we think it should have been? cuz in that case a 4.4 was my original guess.

if you calculate the g8 gpx has a similar engine so 4050/4.7 = 860.
camaro will be more arodinamic so 3860/860 = 4.48.

lol im 100% sure thats not lagit but hey

lol my post makes no sence. because i simply divided the heavier car into 4.7 and that = 860 but on a lighter car...... im a dumbass lol.

o2camaross 09-06-2008 04:42 PM

LOL, Shank it sounds good to me!

shank0668 09-06-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o2camaross (Post 125971)
LOL, Shank it sounds good to me!

lol i wish it was right

shank0668 09-06-2008 05:41 PM

according to some calculator http://www.wallaceracing.com
i put the ss camaro weighs 3868 pounds has 422 horses shifts six times has 4.33 tire height and geared at a 3.45

it says 1/4 mile at 12.21 and 110 miles an hour
at 3860 pounds for a ss manual at 422 hp it should run.

1/8 7.70 at 88.24 mph.

i put it in the 0-60 calculator but it says 3.56 although id be happy with that i know the 0-60 is wrong
a dif site says 4.41

GTAHVIT 09-06-2008 07:38 PM

actually the camaro is less aerodynamic...

I can't remember where it is but I think Scott said due to the front clip that drag coeficient was high.


Edit:

It wasn't scott.

here's the post. FWIW

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ient#post97903

shank0668 09-06-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtahvit (Post 126060)
actually the camaro is less aerodynamic...

I can't remember where it is but I think Scott said due to the front clip that drag coeficient was high.


Edit:

It wasn't scott.

here's the post. FWIW

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ient#post97903

whats the g8's?

Craig 09-06-2008 08:16 PM

0-60 is nothing but a function of the driver's ability to launch. If you want to talk about how fast a car is you talk about the quarter mile, more specifically the trap speed. On T&T night at a local dragstrip I beat a stock (I assume) WRX by seven tenths, which is buslengths in a quarter mile race. That same car would be competitive if not faster than me if just measuring 0-60.

GTAHVIT 09-06-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 126072)
whats the g8's?

Can't find it...

Vash 09-06-2008 09:16 PM

G8 is 5.3 0-60 13.8 QM
According to Edmunds.

GTAHVIT 09-06-2008 09:33 PM

^he was asking about the Drag Coefficient.

Did Edmunds show that?

headpunter 09-06-2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vash (Post 126108)
G8 is 5.3 0-60 13.8 QM
According to Edmunds.

LOLmunds....

fbird777 09-07-2008 12:56 AM

I'm going to say 4.6 sec. for the LS3 but I want it to be 4.4 sec. I'm hoping for a 12.6 quarter mile time.

JJay3 09-07-2008 02:10 AM

4.6-4.7 for the ls3

rayhawk 09-07-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 126005)
according to some calculator http://www.wallaceracing.com
i put the ss camaro weighs 3868 pounds has 422 horses shifts six times has 4.33 tire height and geared at a 3.45

it says 1/4 mile at 12.21 and 110 miles an hour
at 3860 pounds for a ss manual at 422 hp it should run.

1/8 7.70 at 88.24 mph.

i put it in the 0-60 calculator but it says 3.56 although id be happy with that i know the 0-60 is wrong
a dif site says 4.41


The reason the numbers are not coming out right is that the car won't shift 6 times in the 1/4 (at least I think that is what you meant). Actually, the manual car will shift into second just before 60 (about 55), and the auto shifts into third at 66, which is why the auto runs much better to 60mph. And in the quarter the manual uses third gear through the 1/4 mile (to 114 mph), while the auto shifts into 4th gear at about 102. This is why the auto has a slight edge, it is geared more aggressively for acceleration than the manual. Don't ask me why they did that, I would think you could dedicate 4 gears to the 1/4 mile run with a 6 speed manual tranny, and still have plenty of room for overdrive, but oh well. They really geared this thing to keep revs low to help fuel economy I suppose.

As for the calculator, the manual car will shift only twice (1-2, 2-3) in the 1/4.

I guess 4.5 auto, 4.8 manual
12.9 auto, 13.0 manual, both at 108 mph

stovt001 09-07-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 126118)
LOLmunds....

Edmunds shows slower times because by default they don't shave off .3 seconds for rollout like everyone else does. When you're feeling 0-60 the rollout isn't something that will count for anything; it is just a timing technicality.

DGthe3 09-07-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shank0668 (Post 125958)
if you calculate the g8 gpx has a similar engine so 4050/4.7 = 860.
camaro will be more arodinamic so 3860/860 = 4.48.

lol im 100% sure thats not lagit but hey

lol my post makes no sence. because i simply divided the heavier car into 4.7 and that = 860 but on a lighter car...... im a dumbass lol.

I think the G8 GXP also has a more aggressive final gearing than the Camaro does, which would counteract much of the extra weight. But the Camaro will have better grip. Also aero has practically nothing to do with 0-60 times. I'll stick with the low end of the range that they gave us in July: 4.6s.

ljustin293 09-07-2008 02:48 PM

my guess would be 4.5-4.6, better driver maybe hitting 4.4

Congoman775 09-07-2008 05:21 PM

ill sit on a 4.5 auto, and a 4.6-4.7 manual w/a good driver.

the auto will win 99% of the time.

Supermans 09-07-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congoman775 (Post 126488)
ill sit on a 4.5 auto, and a 4.6-4.7 manual w/a good driver.

the auto will win 99% of the time.

ditto

Jamestwilliams 09-07-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congoman775 (Post 126488)
ill sit on a 4.5 auto, and a 4.6-4.7 manual w/a good driver.

the auto will win 99% of the time.

Being within 1/10 - 2/10s of a second I think reaction time will have more to do with what happens at a stop light (in a manual with a good driver), obviously someone who misses shifts etc. isn't going to hang with even a totally incompetant driver in an auto. That's where most of these "races" are going to happen (to the members of the police force on here sorry, but you know it's going to happen). At the drag strip theres a lot of bracket racing (the point of which is what?) so times down the strip don't matter as much as consistency (advantage definitely auto).
ps Bracket racing sucks. Isn't the whole point of drag racing to prove who has the faster car, what exactly does bracket racing prove?

JEFF2010SSMANUAL 09-08-2008 09:43 AM

I think 4.6 and 13.2 for the auto and 4.8 and 13.6 for the manual.

Congoman775 09-08-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams (Post 126531)
Being within 1/10 - 2/10s of a second I think reaction time will have more to do with what happens at a stop light (in a manual with a good driver), obviously someone who misses shifts etc. isn't going to hang with even a totally incompetant driver in an auto. That's where most of these "races" are going to happen (to the members of the police force on here sorry, but you know it's going to happen). At the drag strip theres a lot of bracket racing (the point of which is what?) so times down the strip don't matter as much as consistency (advantage definitely auto).
ps Bracket racing sucks. Isn't the whole point of drag racing to prove who has the faster car, what exactly does bracket racing prove?

i think auto will have a large advantage in both, consistancy and launch control. the Auto is the better racer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.