Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   production Challenger to look exactly like concept, what about Camaro? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66)

Tran 07-28-2006 08:47 AM

production Challenger to look exactly like concept, what about Camaro?

So I read yesterday that the production Challenger will have the same exact exterior as the concept version. This was announced by Tom Tremont (Chrysler Group vice president and chief designer) on Chrysler's media-only blog TheFirehouse.biz. It was said that we won't be able to tell from the outside the production version from the concept version. They were afraid that if they strayed too far away from the concept version (which received great reaction from fans), they'd catch a lot of flak and lose interest.

GM really needs to take the same approach with the Camaro, seeing as how the concept has gotten such awesome reaction from the general public!!

TAG UR IT 07-29-2006 01:31 AM

I completely agree. GM has their eyes and ears open on this one. They have lost too much in sales to let another go down the drain. They must be listening to all the feedback from the forums/websites/car mag's, etc. in order to determine what, if anything, needs to be changed. I initially wrote and had printed in Chevy Hi-Performance that I didn't like the nose on the Camaro and that I thought it just didn't fit...looking like the nose off a Cadillac. I take it back. The nose grew on me and as for the rest of the car, I hope they don't change a thing. I love the looks of the '69, but would take the concept over it anyday. Just make sure it has the LS-7!

Twin Turbo 08-05-2006 09:36 AM

Well, if anyone from GM's reading this.....DON'T CHANGE A THING (oh, and can you sell it over in the UK, please). :)

PonyTech 08-10-2006 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT
I completely agree. GM has their eyes and ears open on this one. They have lost too much in sales to let another go down the drain. They must be listening to all the feedback from the forums/websites/car mag's, etc. in order to determine what, if anything, needs to be changed. I initially wrote and had printed in Chevy Hi-Performance that I didn't like the nose on the Camaro and that I thought it just didn't fit...looking like the nose off a Cadillac. I take it back. The nose grew on me and as for the rest of the car, I hope they don't change a thing. I love the looks of the '69, but would take the concept over it anyday. Just make sure it has the LS-7!

From today's announcement it sounds like the production version will look amost exactly like the concept. Great decision IMO.

Twin Turbo 08-10-2006 02:07 PM

Never mind almost the same, I want it EXACTLY the same :D

$anani 08-31-2006 01:48 AM

i agree with u tag but i thought the same but the opening on the front could be a little bigger like the 69, and the back where corvette lights. but like u said it grow on u.i'll still but it over the ford mustang or challenger

Moose 08-31-2006 07:55 AM

To the best of my knowledge, the production version will closely follow the concept.

I have faith in GM that the production version will turn out great, just as the concept did. ;)

shank0668 07-30-2008 07:08 PM

yea pretty close

Shadowsong 07-30-2008 07:11 PM

DANG! Thread-Necro much? :bellyroll:

Nah but really this was an OLD thread.

Nickdago 07-30-2008 08:13 PM

Close but no cigar! :mad0259:

DGthe3 07-30-2008 10:55 PM

The Camaro SS is as close to the concept as the Challenger SRT8 was to its concept. Well, on the outside at least. The interior was improved on the Camaro and the Challenger interior was replaced with the one from the Charger

kevin2323 07-30-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 103866)
The Camaro SS is as close to the concept as the Challenger SRT8 was to its concept. Well, on the outside at least. The interior was improved on the Camaro and the Challenger interior was replaced with the one from the Charger

Indeed my friend...

Muscle Master 07-30-2008 11:40 PM

But what bugs me if that I sort of like the interior, not to flashy, big comfy leather seats, the good old plain look, don't really have a problem with it

Still needs to be upgraded