Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wiper Reservoir Relocation (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66275)

Rockin the BlueSS 02-17-2010 02:18 PM

Wiper Reservoir Relocation
 
With more and more intakes being developed and available for camaros we have a huge number of options. Some of the intakes require that the windshield wiper reservoir be removed, such as my ADM Race Intake, and I believe the fastlane intake and I saw one more the other day that came with a cheap tank for a replacement. Since my car is a daily driver i wanted to have a smaller reservoir just in case i really needed to wash my windshield so this is what i did...

i used a cheap catch can turned it upside down and attached the pump to the bottom, made a bracket that mounted off the air box, extended the plug and voila! a nice looking relocated wiper reservoir.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=17226
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=17225
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=17224
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=22332
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=22330
:headbang:

SSTony 02-17-2010 05:36 PM

its nice doing things like this on your own. good job!!

BLACK10 02-17-2010 08:54 PM

nice job

FRKNlo 02-18-2010 02:56 AM

Very good job looks stock. Looks like it has a level indicator on the 3rd pic, smart. Maybe the adm race cai is for me in the future.

Rockin the BlueSS 02-18-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRKNlo (Post 1494623)
Very good job looks stock. Looks like it has a level indicator on the 3rd pic, smart. Maybe the adm race cai is for me in the future.

Ya the tubbe on the side is a level indicator making it much easier than looking inside the cap to try and see how much fluid is left.

I was looking at the ADM Street Intake because it kept the wiper bottle but then Andy made a group buy discount that made them the same price, and the ADM Race Intake comes with the scoop at the bottom so i had to buy it... :D

StlRomAniaN 02-18-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS (Post 1495127)
Ya the tubbe on the side is a level indicator making it much easier than looking inside the cap to try and see how much fluid is left.

I was looking at the ADM Street Intake because it kept the wiper bottle but then Andy made a group buy discount that made them the same price, and the ADM Race Intake comes with the scoop at the bottom so i had to buy it... :D


Where's my credit? :bellyroll:

Rockin the BlueSS 02-18-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN (Post 1496579)
Where's my credit? :bellyroll:

Ha ha ha

ok you brokered the deal with Andy i jumped on the wagon and Number 9 gave me the idea for the system. Then i added my own ideas.... i think that should cover the bases...

NinoSS 02-18-2010 05:52 PM

Nice work...

BLACK10 02-19-2010 11:58 PM

got a link for the can and bracket?

wbt 02-20-2010 12:26 AM

...and in a pinch just plug into your Coleman propane stove for some eggs and sausage.

:)

Sorry reminded me of those propane bottles. Looks good and ingenious.

Rockin the BlueSS 02-20-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 1501688)
got a link for the can and bracket?

here is the ebay link...
Catch Can on Ebay

it comes with brackets and some connectors but i made my own to look a little nicer and match what i was looking for...

but when you remove the wiper reservoir the pump and its rubber grommet pull right out and press into the bottom of the new catch can.

BLACK10 02-21-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS (Post 1502213)
here is the ebay link...
Catch Can on Ebay

it comes with brackets and some connectors but i made my own to look a little nicer and match what i was looking for...

but when you remove the wiper reservoir the pump and its rubber grommet pull right out and press into the bottom of the new catch can.

i have a washer bag on mine right now, but i like the look of this too.


did you make that bracket or buy it?

Rockin the BlueSS 02-21-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 1506005)
i have a washer bag on mine right now, but i like the look of this too.


did you make that bracket or buy it?

I made it, I have access to a water jet and I am a machinist with access to a shop...

BLACK10 02-21-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS (Post 1506592)
I made it, I have access to a water jet and I am a machinist with access to a shop...

how much $ for one?:D

or i can trade you a full set of lens tint and SS inlay decals ............

Rockin the BlueSS 02-22-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 1506821)
how much $ for one?:D

or i can trade you a full set of lens tint and SS inlay decals ............

PM sent :thumbup:

BLACK10 03-14-2010 09:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
got some pics of mine installed:thumbsup:

BabyHauler 03-28-2010 09:06 AM

The link for the catch can is just a pic. There are more then 2000 catch cans on ebay. If you could, could you post the size or vendor or something to help me narrow my search.

Thanks

MadMav 03-28-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyHauler (Post 1645093)
The link for the catch can is just a pic. There are more then 2000 catch cans on ebay. If you could, could you post the size or vendor or something to help me narrow my search.

Thanks

Ditto please!

Mav

BLACK10 03-28-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyHauler (Post 1645093)
The link for the catch can is just a pic. There are more then 2000 catch cans on ebay. If you could, could you post the size or vendor or something to help me narrow my search.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMav (Post 1645273)
Ditto please!

Mav

here ya go

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Unive...Q5fAccessories

RedJewel2SS 04-07-2010 09:46 PM

here is what i did with the washer bag... a little different but now it is completely hidden.

i don't drive the car daily and maybe used the washer fluid twice in the 6000 miles on the car, so now when it runs out, i have an excuse to inspect the filter as well :D

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...S/IMG_2001.jpg
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...S/IMG_2002.jpg

SOMEBODY PLEASE CLEAN MY ENGINE BAY... AAAAHHHHHH!!!!
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...S/IMG_2004.jpg
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...S/IMG_2005.jpg
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...S/IMG_2006.jpg

FRKNlo 04-18-2010 08:34 PM

I had to drill a small 1/16" hole in the fill plug. The water would come out intermittently without it.
:w00t: Installed:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1...10camaro91.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5...0camaro291.jpg
Thank You very much!

livefr33ordie 04-19-2010 04:57 AM

How about a PM with a price for one of these brakets you made. I would want two of them. Thanks

Rockin the BlueSS 04-19-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRKNlo (Post 1736833)
I had to drill a small 1/16" hole in the fill plug. The water would come out intermittently without it.
:w00t:

Thank You very much!

OK, i did that on mine too but before i had tried it without the hole so i wasn't sure if it absolutely needed it... i don't think black10 had done that to his so i wasn't mentioning it... thanks for the pictures looks amaizing...

could you pm me some info on that brace? $? and did you notice a difference?

GEEo 11-10-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS (Post 1492452)
With more and more intakes being developed and available for camaros we have a huge number of options. Some of the intakes require that the windshield wiper reservoir be removed, such as my ADM Race Intake, and I believe the fastlane intake and I saw one more the other day that came with a cheap tank for a replacement. Since my car is a daily driver i wanted to have a smaller reservoir just in case i really needed to wash my windshield so this is what i did...

i used a cheap catch can turned it upside down and attached the pump to the bottom, made a bracket that mounted off the air box, extended the plug and voila! a nice looking relocated wiper reservoir.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=17226
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=17225
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=17224
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=22332
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=22330
:headbang:

A bro just ordered my ADM Race intake. and im lookin for a washer bottle replacement. i really like ur idea. Do you sell them?? and how much $ ?? :D

ThnXx.

sspaul 12-27-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEEo (Post 2534315)
A bro just ordered my ADM Race intake. and im lookin for a washer bottle replacement. i really like ur idea. Do you sell them?? and how much $ ?? :D

ThnXx.

i would like to know as well


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.