Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   ambient lighting (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6651)

kozzmo49 09-08-2008 09:41 PM

ambient lighting
 
JUST RAMBLING A LITTLE__________Im sort of in a dilemna. I finally thought i had my color scheme set and i decided on the red jewel tint coat with either grey racing stripes or the hockey sticks. BUT i really want the ambient lighting, and for some reason chevy is only comin out with blue or orange. Now, I'm not really an orange car kind of guy so orange is out, and so i gotta stick a color that doesnt look bad with blue if i want the ambient lighting. Black, living in az, is out of the question, and i already had a similar color in a blue mettalic cavalier when i was younger. So, it seems like im stuck not being able to get the ambient lighting, due to the fact chevy decided to only come out with two colors. Any ideas? :iono:

ljustin293 09-08-2008 09:43 PM

there will soon be gmpp/aftermarket parts to change the color to whatever you like--atleast this is what I understand...something like LED is not going to be hard to replace or change.

kozzmo49 09-08-2008 09:47 PM

are we sure about that? I dont mean to question you, just dont wanna spend money on the option if im never gonna be able to turn it on u kno?

fbodfather 09-08-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzmo49 (Post 127120)
JUST RAMBLING A LITTLE__________Im sort of in a dilemna. I finally thought i had my color scheme set and i decided on the red jewel tint coat with either grey racing stripes or the hockey sticks. BUT i really want the ambient lighting, and for some reason chevy is only comin out with blue or orange. Now, I'm not really an orange car kind of guy so orange is out, and so i gotta stick a color that doesnt look bad with blue if i want the ambient lighting. Black, living in az, is out of the question, and i already had a similar color in a blue mettalic cavalier when i was younger. So, it seems like im stuck not being able to get the ambient lighting, due to the fact chevy decided to only come out with two colors. Any ideas? :iono:

The ambient lighting looks good no matter what exterior color you get! (think about the IP lighting in most cars -- you can't change it -- yet people never really think about it.....)

The ice blue looks fantastic!

Congoman775 09-08-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzmo49 (Post 127126)
are we sure about that? I dont mean to question you, just dont wanna spend money on the option if im never gonna be able to turn it on u kno?

it seems like a good option, but im in the same boat as you... i dont know what color i want, but the ambient is playing a role.

right now im down to Orange/Cyber Gray/or Imperial Blue

ljustin293 09-08-2008 09:54 PM

I say pick one that will work with anycolor...that way if down the road you never change it...it won't just look wierd...you know what I mean?

kozzmo49 09-08-2008 09:58 PM

yea i kno what you mean, i mean orange lighting goes with orange and silver basically, i guess black too. And the blue goes with silver, blue, black and thats about it. I dont want silver or black lol and i like the blue but like i said i had a blue chevy car for a while and want a change. So i dont kno, if i kno that the lighting will be able to be changed then ill get it, if not i might just have to not get the option.

ljustin293 09-08-2008 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i have a feeling that since it seems that the dash(rpm/mph backlight) are in blue, so the ambient blue lighting will be fine with whatever color. I am getting red outside and will have to start with blue ambient lighting...but I hope I can soon change it to red

ucla1ove3 09-08-2008 11:30 PM

justin thats gonna be murder on the eyes at night, even though im sure you have heard that before lol.

and as for you kozzmo, well it's only an led light strip. the things are pretty cheap as it is so i would say all you would really need to do is buy another one with the color you want. take the one that's in out and put the new one in. im sure it would be very simple.. so simple someone like me with no car modding ability would be able to do ourselves. but if i was going to get it changed i would have someone else do it.. and as for the color i always kinda thought that i light whitish blue would be cool. and as for your interior get the titanium gray one. it would work with some colors and if you got a grey exterior would look good.

just my 2 cents

fbodfather 09-08-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kozzmo49 (Post 127138)
yea i kno what you mean, i mean orange lighting goes with orange and silver basically, i guess black too. And the blue goes with silver, blue, black and thats about it. I dont want silver or black lol and i like the blue but like i said i had a blue chevy car for a while and want a change. So i dont kno, if i kno that the lighting will be able to be changed then ill get it, if not i might just have to not get the option.

The orange only comes with the Orange Accent interior -- all other interiors have the Ice Blue lighting.

drivingincamaro 09-08-2008 11:39 PM

what would go good with cyber gray hmmmm

red ambient lighting

fldrummer 09-09-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljustin293 (Post 127139)
i have a feeling that since it seems that the dash(rpm/mph backlight) are in blue, so the ambient blue lighting will be fine with whatever color. I am getting red outside and will have to start with blue ambient lighting...but I hope I can soon change it to red

Same here. That'll be great if we can easily change the ambient color. I think the blue will look great, but I'm thinking Darth Vader red for my Darth Vader black 'maro with twin red stripes; haha. :evil:

pinkcamaro10 09-09-2008 12:28 AM

i would love to change mine to pink :) i will be perfectly happy with blue though.

Vash 09-09-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 127241)
i would love to change mine to pink :) i will be perfectly happy with blue though.

On ebay you can get 4 pc pink LED interior kit. :)

pinkcamaro10 09-09-2008 02:03 AM

no thanks.

Vash 09-09-2008 02:14 AM

Well they would both be pink or you scavange the LED's. The panels will be probably be clear so any color put up to the sides will come out (assuming clear acrylic).

rlg3 09-09-2008 08:01 AM

Is the ambient lighting very similar to what is in the Caddy CTS???

RB43TD 09-09-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 127197)
The orange only comes with the Orange Accent interior -- all other interiors have the Ice Blue lighting.

I apologize if this was explained eslewhere, but why? Why does the orange Camaro get the orange lighting while all the other colored cars are stuck with blue. And I say "stuck with" in the nicest way because I think it looks pretty sweet. I just don't get why the orange is so special.

GTAHVIT 09-09-2008 09:31 AM

My guess is blue is more common in other brands. :iono: Should be pretty easy to swap to orange if you wanted to.

balonywolf 09-09-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RB43TD (Post 127377)
I apologize if this was explained eslewhere, but why? Why does the orange Camaro get the orange lighting while all the other colored cars are stuck with blue. And I say "stuck with" in the nicest way because I think it looks pretty sweet. I just don't get why the orange is so special.

You can get the orange lighting with any exterior color. The lighting is part of an interior accent package.

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 09-09-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 127197)
The orange only comes with the Orange Accent interior -- all other interiors have the Ice Blue lighting.

Really curious to see this orange accent interior, I think I am really going to like it.:drinking:

Congoman775 09-09-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 (Post 127434)
Really curious to see this orange accent interior, I think I am really going to like it.:drinking:

i am curious to see ANY/ALL of the color accent interiors.

MB2010CC 09-09-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Congoman775 (Post 127438)
i am curious to see ANY/ALL of the color accent interiors.

I believe orange is the only accent color they are offering. So it is either orange accent with orange ambient lighting or stock interior with the blue ambient lighting.

Congoman775 09-09-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB2010CC (Post 127445)
I believe orange is the only accent color they are offering. So it is either orange accent with orange ambient lighting or stock interior with the blue ambient lighting.

well that makes it easy.... :sm0:

MB2010CC 09-09-2008 12:47 PM

^Sure does i'm not a fan of orange at all so stock with blue it will be for me. I just hope I can swap out the LEDs for some grey or smoke color to go with my all black. That would be SWEET :drool:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.